Sponsored

Willys Sport vs Willys?

Lightsped

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys, 2017 Tacoma Off Road, Honda S2000.
Occupation
Technology Research
When looking at the Jeep configurator online, they list a Willys Sport and a Willys. Besides price, what is the difference? Besides wheels/tires, does the Willys (or Willys Sport) have any other Rubicon parts?
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Willys is based on Sport S. Willys Sport is based on base Sport.

The Willys has the HD brakes from a Rubicon and the same shocks.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Willys has power windows/locks and LED headlights/foglights. The Willys Sport does not. Keep in mind that LED package does not include the fender turn signal/running light or the tail lights.

Jeep names the packages in a way that confuses many, even the staff at the dealers. And they wasted the Renegade name, that should be on the side of a Wrangler hood, not on a Fiat designed to look like a Jeep.

GerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Jeep names the packages in a way that confuses many, even the staff at the dealers. And they wasted the Renegade name, that should be on the side of a Wrangler hood, not on a Fiat designed to look like a Jeep.
I agree.
C4515BF3-6018-45F9-A54C-4ED3D45312B8.jpeg

Gregj

OP
OP
Lightsped

Lightsped

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys, 2017 Tacoma Off Road, Honda S2000.
Occupation
Technology Research
Interesting you mention AC. On the 2 door builder, if you chopose the V-6 with manual it comes with no AC, but if you add AC, the configurator makes you change to an auto 4 cylinder.....

Yes, I am interested in the two door. Probably the cheaper of thw two Willys, the Willys Sport.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Interesting you mention AC. On the 2 door builder, if you chopose the V-6 with manual it comes with no AC, but if you add AC, the configurator makes you change to an auto 4 cylinder.....

Yes, I am interested in the two door. Probably the cheaper of thw two Willys, the Willys Sport.
That is probably just a configuration error. I would use the order guide to determine options. It is more accurate.

GerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

I am considering the Willys sport also. It seems for the 2 door that is a pretty decent price for what you get but still minimal.

I wouldn't trust the configurator as I think there are errors. Build your model on paper using those guides based on what they say is available then take your paper build and a copy of the guide to the dealer to have them build it.
Sponsored