Sponsored

which cabin air filter?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I heard from China last night... from the seller of the real decent, inexpensive cabin filter I have mentioned in the last couple of posts.. It was sold out..

From the seller:
Jeep Wrangler JL which cabin air filter? Screenshot 2023-06-16 070908
Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I heard from China last night... from the seller of the real decent, inexpensive cabin filter I have mentioned in the last couple of posts.. It was sold out..

From the seller:
Jeep Wrangler JL which cabin air filter? Screenshot 2023-06-16 070908
I one of these in last night. it's pretty ridged and I sort had to bend it up to squeeze it in. the Mopar filter I had in there was much more flexible.

Second worst placement of a cabin air filer only to my old '10 Mazda 3 that you had to take apart the console to swap.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I one of these in last night. it's pretty ridged and I sort had to bend it up to squeeze it in. the Mopar filter I had in there was much more flexible.

Second worst placement of a cabin air filer only to my old '10 Mazda 3 that you had to take apart the console to swap.
Yes, it's 5 layers so more rigid then the aftermarket, 2 layer one I had in there.

I found that if you grabbed it dead center and squeezed it firmly, that each end fanned.... and while holding the filter while fanned, it slipped in pretty easily.

Great price for that filter.. $9.50 each is way better then $15+ for the other's I have purchased over the last 5 yrs..

I placed two orders for this offering, so I have 3 more of the filters sitting in a garage cabinet for future use.

Last edited:

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone needing a cabin air filter at a terrific price ... ($9.50 each - You buy 2 for $18.99)
There is still 1 left in stock on Amazon. Who knows when they will restock..
Buy
here
Agreed, I just installed one of these a couple of days ago. The material seems to be of good quality.

SaintNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JLU High Tide
Bought my Mopar one from Quadratec. More expensive, but it's OEM fit and still an awful design by Jeep.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bought my Mopar one from Quadratec. More expensive, but it's OEM fit and still an awful design by Jeep.
@SaintNick

Over the last few years I have found all the aftermarket cabin filter brands I purchased fit my 2018 JL's cabin filter just as the OEM cabin air filter did.

This recent, aftermarket cabin filter I mentioned above is 5 layers, slightly more rigid and and even it fit very well.

I'm curious, why do you think the cabin filtering in the JL is :"an awful design by Jeep." I myself have no issue with the cabin filter set-up. Easy to access and the cabin air filter is easy easy to install..

I have had a few other vehicles that had cabin air filters that were way way harder to access and install.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those that change the cabin air filter themselves...

The deed is very easy to do .... but... do know that the dampener that deal with the glove box, once disconnected from the side of the glove box, can go lets say a muck..

....and then you will need to know how the dampener apparatus actually attaches to the plastic glove box housing that surrounds the glove box..

Read here for how it attaches / how to easily re-attach..
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/wrangler-glove-box-damper.99568/post-2060475

SaintNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JLU High Tide
@SaintNick

Over the last few years I have found all the aftermarket cabin filter brands I purchased fit my 2018 JL's cabin filter just as the OEM cabin air filter did.

This recent, aftermarket cabin filter I mentioned above is 5 layers, slightly more rigid and and even it fit very well.

I'm curious, why do you think the cabin filtering in the JL is :"an awful design by Jeep." I myself have no issue with the cabin filter set-up. Easy to access and the cabin air filter is easy easy to install..

I have had a few other vehicles that had cabin air filters that were way way harder to access and install.

Every vehicle I have driven had easy access for the cabin air filter. Not Jeep. You have to bend and twist it to get it in. Once it's past whatever is in the way it fits fine.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After reading posts from a forum member @Mastergmac in regard to this very inexpensive, Made in China, HEPA Cabin Air Filter Fits for Jeep Wrangler(2018-22 23) Gladiator(2020-22 23) Activated Carbon Cabin Filter, I ordered the offering, it was delivered and I installed it today.

This cabin air filter seems very well made and the fit is aok.

The filter, because it has 5 layers is a tad more rigid then the OEM cabin air filter... but it slides into the cradle without problem.

I should also mention this activated carbon filter has no odor to it.

Note: The Cabin filter on Amazon, I linked to has no up or down arrow on it.
DO install this cabin air filter so that the Blue Side is facing UP when it's in the cabin air filter cradle.

Yes, as the filter is 5 layers and has activated carbon in it, I do know I will be changing it a bit more frequently then I would if using a 2 layer, no activated carbon, cabin air filter.

I just placed an order for more... for future use. Terrific price at about $8.00+- each.
Buy here

20230613_151737.jpg

20230613_151800.jpg
Just bumping this post... 68301863AA cabin filter in a 2 pack is priced at $17.76. Very very good price for 2 cabin filters.. Do know that it is a decent cabin air filter.

Buy here. Be sure you order part number 68301863AA Forccord cabin air filter.

Install BLUE side facing up!

Jeep Wrangler JL which cabin air filter? 20230613_151737

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Just bumping this post... 68301863AA cabin filter in a 2 pack is priced at $17.76. Very very good price for 2 cabin filters.. Do know that it is a decent cabin air filter.

Buy here. Be sure you order part number 68301863AA Forccord cabin air filter.

Install BLUE side facing up!

Jeep Wrangler JL which cabin air filter? 20230613_151737
These appear to be a no-name Amazon Chinese brand. Not saying they are deficient in any way.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These appear to be a no-name Amazon Chinese brand. Not saying they are deficient in any way.
Yes, from China.. like so much product we buy these days.. It's a Foccord, brand filter..

I can tell you though..... this particular cabin air filter is very decent. And wow, $8.83 per filter... for an activated carbon filter, well, that is a terrific price.

Yes, I have been running with this cabin air filter for some time now. No odor to it even when new. Fit is nice. Solid not flimsy filter..

--And do know, I have no relationship with this seller.. with Foccord. Just have experience with the product..
Sponsored