Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Owners manual says

Engine Air Cleaner Filter Selection
The quality of replacement engine air cleaner filters varies considerably. Only high quality Mopar® filters should be used.
Not all, but most aftermarket filters I've purchased are exactly the same as the Mopar, right down to the glue running across the pleats and the way serial numbers are printed on them. And they are typically significantly less expensive, too.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I haven't changed mine yet, how often do you change your filter?
I change mine every 30K, in accordance with the maintenance interval data in the Owner's Manual. To date, I've replaced two. To my eye, each one had decent service life remaining. That said, the oil analysis reports from Blackstone have recurringly mentioned the presence of efficient air filtration having a positive effect on the report's data metrics, so I'm not going to mess with success.

As for pricing: I do use and recommend the Mopar air filter. The price difference between it and the cost of the average aftermarket filter is literally $5.00 or so. If that variance is a budget-buster for some owners, well, God bless them. ;)

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
i'm back to OEM A/Fs.

as another data point, i did a used Oil Analysis after using a K&N (diligently maintained) and found high levels of Silica in the oil.
K&N might have allowed better breathing, but at the expense of proper filtration.

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
I am soon to change mine. I figured I am going to go with the Carquest part from Advanced. From looking, the same people that make those, make the Wix and some of the MOPAR ones.
Sponsored