Sponsored

Who knew... in-cabin air filter

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
My 1 year was Feb 13. Time for a new filter for sure.
Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Easy swap? I've got a new filter waiting on the shelf, but little motivation to get off my butt right now.
Easy. JeepInformant has a video. Unsnap the glovebox side hinge by moving it up, then push up on the retention tab in the top of the box and the glovebox will lower. Filter cover is straight ahead, horizontally just a little thicker than the filter itself. Pinch the tabs and it will pull left and out. Filter has dummy arrows noting which side up/down.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Easy. JeepInformant has a video. Unsnap the glovebox side hinge by moving it up, then push up on the retention tab in the top of the box and the glovebox will lower. Filter cover is straight ahead, horizontally just a little thicker than the filter itself. Pinch the tabs and it will pull left and out. Filter has dummy arrows noting which side up/down.
@am1978

The info contained in that particular video was already posted and readily available at this forum, long before that video. Actually, most of what you see in such videos has already been previously, mentioned/discussed here.

Read here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/cabin-air-filter-part-servicing.5432/

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
‘Merica

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@am1978

My post was just me saying to those reading that .. that they can learn lots here by reading... doing forum searches and reading.

Actually, I trust the info here / rely on the info here, more then the info I find in the videos, which more often then not, lacking, incorrect or more.

Yes, your post for sure, would help a guy/gal looking to do a cabin air filter change. Geeez, even reminded me about how to drop the glove box. Thanks for your post!

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
‘Merica
@am1978

My post was just me saying to those reading that .. that they can learn lots here by reading... doing forum searches and reading.

Actually, I trust the info here / rely on the info here, more then the info I find in the videos, which more often then not, lacking, incorrect or more.

Yes, your post for sure, would help a guy/gal looking to do a cabin air filter change. Geeez, even reminded me about how to drop the glove box. Thanks for your post!
LOL. This forum is great for research. I use your info all the time. There is only one thing I haven’t been able to nail down, and it’s the only issue I have had on two JLs (mine + wife’s). My JL keeps throwing an ESS and simultaneous ESC stopped working error. No other noticeable symptoms. It was doing it about every three days, now it’s everytime I drive. But that issue is for another thread. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/“service-stop-start-system”.16645/

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
"it was suggested to change my in-cabin air filter. Huh? I have one of those."

Have you read the owner's manual?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"it was suggested to change my in-cabin air filter. Huh? I have one of those."

Have you read the owner's manual?
@nerubi

Like you read and you remember all that was in the JL owner's manual... :giggle:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, all 618 pages. I have eidetic memory, if I remember correctly.
Oh...... that .. "eidetic" thing.... my Doctor gave me a prescription for that. Cleared it right up. Also, helped with my getting up lots at night to pee issue. ;)

Sponsored

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Easy swap? I've got a new filter waiting on the shelf, but little motivation to get off my butt right now.
whats more important is the back side of the dirty filter, have a picture of the other side?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@DanW
@am1978
@OldGuyNewJeep
@Everyone

Just to let everyone know... K&N has come out with a reusable cabin air filter offering for the JL:

K&N Replacement Cabin Air Filters 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0L, 3.6L
Part Number: 599-VF2064 Retail: $65.99+-
Freshen Incoming Air

K&N direct-replacement Cabin Air Filters have a reusable design that keeps the incoming air of your vehicle fresh and clean. Each electrostatically-charged cabin air filter is made to help control odors while capturing allergens, dust particles, bacteria, fungus, mildew, mold, pollen, spores, and germs.

Features:

• Freshens and cleans incoming cabin air
    • Helps control odors
    • Captures bacteria, dust, fungus, germs, mold, mildew, spores, pollen, and allergens
    • Factory fit - pre-treated and ready to install
    • Electrostatically charged to hold dirt and dust
    • Easy to clean and reuse

kn.jpg