Sponsored

Where do you wrench

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
In my pics posted all wall cabinets, pegboard and floor cabinets as well as work benches are all Seville classics ultra hd that can be bought at Sam's club at incredibly reasonable prices and all are keyed alike. I have other cabinets not in pics on other side. I also use rubbermaid rail systems down other wall that keeps big stuff like ladders and yard tools organized. Good price and ultimate flexibility.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Rubbermaid...l-Multipurpose-Storage-Rail-System/1001066080

https://www.samsclub.com/
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Here's half the shop where most of the wrenching occurs. The problem with a lift is it made me a real whiney bitch if I ever have to actually climb under a rig or even roll on a creeper.

[ValleyGirlVoice]Oh my gawd Becky, look at his creeper - that's so ratchet![/ValleyGirlVoice]

To me pretty floors or Race Deck (gag) just say hot works never occur which is 90% of the fun. Bare concrete for the win. But spend your $ as you choose

IMG_20200413_133850258.jpg

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
LOL. You may have missed the humor in my post.

I have been in too many people’s homes and their garages. Most of the garages are cramped, cluttered, unkempt, reek of mildew and are disorganized. That includes Jeep owners.

I ran a quick google search of organized garage and there were tons of model pictures of neat and tidy garages.

If using Google makes me a wizard, please enjoy this picture from my sorcery:

5F9FD307-4BD4-443E-BEA5-49D955A43694.jpeg
Sh!t, nobody uses that garage. Looks like Ken and Barbie's garage.

This is what a real family garage looks like.
Worst-Places-to-clean-the-garage.jpg

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
My garage is not nearly large enough to wrench inside. Our house was built in 1939 so it's on the small side for sure. Any wrenching takes place out in the driveway with the vehicle being serviced off to one side so that the others are still free to move around. It's not ideal, but it's relatively flat, and we've done some crazy crap out there over the last 17 years LOL. We've stripped a Monte Carlo SS, then swapped the drivetrain and suspension into another Monte SS, did another engine swap on that Monte a few years later, rear disc conversion on an XJ, full brake overhaul with a line repair on the KJ. The list goes on haha. We've done it all without a lift, compressor, or air tools.

Here's a few "oldies but goodies" - circa early 2000's.

Stripping a 1985 Monte Carlo SS.

P1.JPG

P5.JPG

Suspension and drivetrain swap into rust-free 1988 Monte Carlo SS

P1010037.jpg

P1010064.jpg

This was last fall, swapping calipers/rotors/pads/rusty brake line repair on my son's KJ.

Libbyresize.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Here's half the shop where most of the wrenching occurs. The problem with a lift is it made me a real whiney bitch if I ever have to actually climb under a rig or even roll on a creeper.

[ValleyGirlVoice]Oh my gawd Becky, look at his creeper - that's so ratchet![/ValleyGirlVoice]

To me pretty floors or Race Deck (gag) just say hot works never occur which is 90% of the fun. Bare concrete for the win. But spend your $ as you choose

IMG_20200413_133850258.jpg
I’m not even ashamed to admit it but I’m not doing lifts on the ground again. Once you get a lift you wonder how you made do for so long without one. I had my 2 post tied up waiting on parts and made the decision I needed another 2 post

Brett