Sponsored

When did you do your first oil change.....?

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I like the every 3 fill ups to check the catch can... I was asked by UPRproduct to let them know about amount of oil at 1k from installation of catch can... then will do every 3 fill ups.

As for tire rotation, do you do 4 or 5 tires.... I'm a 4 tire guy.
UPDATE:

I hit 1000 miles with my catch can and UPRproduct asked me to let you all know I got about 2 oz in the can... Still like checking it every 3rd fillup and can afford to be absent minded knowing 1000 is only 2 oz. So it worked and dip stick level is fine.

Happy Jeeping with your new catch can.... O been heavier on my gas foot lately but getting over 19 mpg on a JLR... I think it the Mojito color makes it gets better than normal mpg.

IMG_2441.jpeg
IMG_2442.jpeg
IMG_2444.jpeg
Sponsored

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
3K free at dealership

budpitman

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
SW HW Engineer
OK. I just found Mobil 1 M1C-456A oil filters on clearance at 3 local Walmart’s for $3.99 each!!!!! Get em while they are hot. I bought 22 of them. No more around Sachse Tx.

E8756819-7CA3-477D-81AF-C08E374A2FE2.jpeg

RandyB-JL19

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL - Sport S
why 0w40? cap says 0W20, the VVT engine uses lighter wieght oil?
Mobil1 0W-40 (rated for Porsche Mercedes) easily lubes the very fine tolerances in the first few seconds then maintains its viscosity at high-performance temperatures. Mobil1 0W-20 is a fine oil also. I have a ton of 0W-40 from racing days.

Ghuzz

Mobil1 0W-40 (rated for Porsche Mercedes) easily lubes the very fine tolerances in the first few seconds then maintains its viscosity at high-performance temperatures. Mobil1 0W-20 is a fine oil also. I have a ton of 0W-40 from racing days.
The lighter weight is needed because of the cam on the vvt head, it uses the oil for hydraulic pressure to change the timing.

Sponsored

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Miles: 1000 miles
Type of oil/filters Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic 0w-20, WIX filter WL10010
Did you do the dealer freebee? Will never let the dealer touch it unless warranty work!

After doing the oil change I noticed a consistant 1.5-2mpg better fuel economy. I used to only get 15.5 - 16mpg avg and now its at 17.5 - 18mpg pretty similar driving conditions and style.

I will be do the next oil change at 5000 miles after that I might move to 5K increments.

SamIam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018JLUR in Mojito!, 2019 Ram Rebel, 2019 Honda Accord
Occupation
Retired Navy
I do it every 4k miles. I know it last longer, but to be on the safe side. Pennzoil 0-w20 and mopar OEM filter. That's what the dealership uses. Besides doing it myself, it is a bonding experience with my Jeep. I take care of it and it takes care of me. I get around 18.5 to 19.1 around town because I drive it easy. But when I go off-road, I put it through its paces. To me, it is the best vehicle on the face of this planet. Nothing compares to a JLUR. I know you have a MOAB, but my wife would not let me go above 50k...

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I do it every 4k miles. I know it last longer, but to be on the safe side. Pennzoil 0-w20 and mopar OEM filter. That's what the dealership uses. Besides doing it myself, it is a bonding experience with my Jeep. I take care of it and it takes care of me. I get around 18.5 to 19.1 around town because I drive it easy. But when I go off-road, I put it through its paces. To me, it is the best vehicle on the face of this planet. Nothing compares to a JLUR. I know you have a MOAB, but my wife would not let me go above 50k...
You made me look at where you lived since you baby your Jeep and get 18-19 mpg... That great... I have a 2 door and live in the mountains and get that... Flat land makes a difference. I use an oil catcher and increased my mpg... here my link #12313

Happy Jeeping.

SamIam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Navy
Isn’t that what Boss Hogg used to call Roscoe P. Coltrane in the Dukes of Hazzard? Dipstick... lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Isn’t that what Boss Hogg used to call Roscoe P. Coltrane in the Dukes of Hazzard? Dipstick... lol
Yes, not the sheriff but one of the key deputies, "you dipstick".

Bri01

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU MOAB, BMW X5 MSport
Vehicle Showcase
Just did my first oil change at 5K. The oil was dark but not that bad. The oil filter did not have any residue. I'm guessing it could have gone longer, but I'll be sticking to 5K intervals.
Used 0W20 Mobil 1 and Mopar filter

I know I get 4 free oil changes w/ the Jeep, but 1. Jeep dealerships by me you are waiting 3 hours to get an oil change unless you drop it off for the morning, and who has time for that when an oil change on a JL takes 10mins on your own. 2. I don't entirely trust the dealerships by me, did not get great service on my last Jeep through them, I honestly feel like they were doing more harm then good every time they got the vehicle. (I'll probably bring it once a year for an oil change and inspection to make sure nothing going wrong under warranty)

MaxjlIT

First Name
Massimilian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
5k, I told the dealer a thousand times that the oil quantity is different from the JK...

SamIam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Navy
Dealers are a weird breed. Some good, some bad and then some very bad (muy malo). I took my JLUR once because I was not feeling good. But after that, I do it. Don’t care about free oil changes. I take it for free tire rotation and that is it. And besides, you know you are doing it right. If you want to take the chance, go for it. I keep my oil and filter receipts. Some sort of insurance I suppose...

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Just hit 1000 miles on a business trip today and plan to change the filter only when I get home. Following the lead of some others on this forum. Theory is the filter catches any fine metal particles from break-in. Replace it only for a little insurance, as the oil is fine. Then change the oil and rotate tires at 5000 mile increments.
That's my reasoning for changing the new oil out early. I usually do it somewhere between 2500 - 3000 'cause that was suggested by a trusted mechanic. On my JL it will be sooner. We're planning on a 5K+ road trip in it this August, and I'll have new oil in it before we go. Then change it again when we get back. As that old mechanic said, "oil is the life of your engine son". It's cheap insurance that will keep the your engine running strong for a long time.
Sponsored