Sponsored

First oil change at the dealer - what oil options do I have?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Not irrelevant at all if you want less wear, sludge, piston deposits and oxidative thickening. I sure do!
Irrelevant from the aspect it is not a currently approved API classification from FCA and while it may be updated in the near future, it has not been as of now--and therefore important to note the distinction. In addition, API SN and SN+ oils did not become poor quality or have issues simply because API changed designations.
Sponsored

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport 2 door Bikini Pearl
Irrelevant from the aspect it is not a currently approved API classification from FCA and while it may be updated in the near future, it has not been as of now--and therefore important to note the distinction. In addition, API SN and SN+ oils did not become poor quality or have issues simply because API changed designations.
API SN and SN Plus apparently did have issues or API would not have the new and improved API SP as requested by the auto manufacturers.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
API SN and SN Plus apparently did have issues or API would not have the new and improved API SP.
Really? What would those be pray tell? Are you seriously suggesting that a new API classification automatically means there was a problem with the prior classification? As with all things, improvements were made as technology and OEM requirements change.

You know this as well as I so stop trolling.

BTW - in your 99 posts, how many of them have had the word AMSOIL in it versus talking about your Jeep or helping someone else with a Jeep issue?

I have said it before, your agenda here is crystal clear.

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really? What would those be pray tell? Are you seriously suggesting that a new API classification automatically means there was a problem with the prior classification? As with all things, improvements were made as technology and OEM requirements change.
Wear, sludge, piston deposits and oxidative thickening.

"Launched in 1993, API’s Engine Oil Program is a cooperative effort between the oil and additive industries and vehicle and engine manufacturers Ford, General Motors, and Fiat Chrysler and those represented by the Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association and the Truck and Engine Manufacturers Association."

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wear, sludge, piston deposits and oxidative thickening.

"Launched in 1993, API’s Engine Oil Program is a cooperative effort between the oil and additive industries and vehicle and engine manufacturers Ford, General Motors, and Fiat Chrysler and those represented by the Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association and the Truck and Engine Manufacturers Association."
You are suggesting that SN and SN+ did not combat those issues at all and that somehow they were a problem that SP corrected and that is NOT TRUE. SP improves what SN and SN+ already did, just like every API classification has done since it was introduced.

Stop trolling because that is absolutely what you are doing and is your complete agenda. I see that you conveniently did not answer my question:

BTW - in your 99 posts, how many of them have had the word AMSOIL in it versus talking about your Jeep or helping someone else with a Jeep issue?

Sponsored

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are suggesting that SN and SN+ did not combat those issues at all and that somehow they were a problem that SP corrected and that is NOT TRUE. SP improves what SN and SN+ already did, just like every API classification has done since it was introduced.

Stop trolling because that is absolutely what you are doing and is your complete agenda. I see that you conveniently did not answer my question:

I am saying the automotive manufacturers wanted a better oil to better combat those issues and now they have.

"“API developed these new performance standards in response to a request from automakers to introduce more robust engine oils that would be capable of meeting the needs of current and future gasoline engines. ILSAC GF-6A, GF-6B and API SP represent the fruits of the oil, additive, and automobile industries’ labors to introduce such essential products for the people who use these vehicles every day,” said Kevin Ferrick, director, API Product Programs."

I would guess that most all of my posts relate to my Jeep and helping others. Just as this one does.

Last edited:

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would guess that most all of my posts relate to my Jeep and helping others. Just as this one does.
Only if you define "helping" as using every opportunity not matter how abstract to advance your agenda of promoting Amsoil. You mention Amsoil in 71 out of 101 posts (do a search) and if that is not an agenda on a forum that is focused on Jeeps, then nothing is.

Unfortunately for you and fortunately for the rest of us, the Internet has a better definition:

Definition of a troll:

An internet troll is someone who makes intentionally inflammatory, rude, or upsetting statements online to elicit strong emotional responses in people or to steer the conversation off-topic. They can come in many forms. Most trolls do this for their own amusement, but other forms of trolling are done to push a specific agenda.

You sir, are the epitome of a troll, you absolutely have a specific agenda and it has nothing to do with being a Jeep owner or enthusiast.

Unlike the majority on this forum have you had a single post related to:
  • Anything you have added/upgraded on your Jeep
  • Anything you have done to your Jeep
  • Anything you have done with your Jeep
  • Any photos other than the long distance profile photo
By and large, people are here to discuss Jeeps and all things Jeepish. You are here to do neither of those (at least have not to date) but to instead discuss Amsoil at every opportunity while obfuscating or deflecting conversations.

Go jump on the BITOG forums and spread your SPAMSOIL agenda and see how long you last.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only if you define "helping" as using every opportunity not matter how abstract to advance your agenda of promoting Amsoil. You mention Amsoil in 71 out of 101 posts (do a search) and if that is not an agenda on a forum that is focused on Jeeps, then nothing is.

Unfortunately for you and fortunately for the rest of us, the Internet has a better definition:

Definition of a troll:

An internet troll is someone who makes intentionally inflammatory, rude, or upsetting statements online to elicit strong emotional responses in people or to steer the conversation off-topic. They can come in many forms. Most trolls do this for their own amusement, but other forms of trolling are done to push a specific agenda.

You sir, are the epitome of a troll, you absolutely have a specific agenda and it has nothing to do with being a Jeep owner or enthusiast.

Unlike the majority on this forum have you had a single post related to:
  • Anything you have added/upgraded on your Jeep
  • Anything you have done to your Jeep
  • Anything you have done with your Jeep
  • Any photos other than the long distance profile photo
By and large, people are here to discuss Jeeps and all things Jeepish. You are here to do neither of those (at least have not to date) but to instead discuss Amsoil at every opportunity while obfuscating or deflecting conversations.

Go jump on the BITOG forums and spread your SPAMSOIL agenda and see how long you last.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...
Your troll definition sounds like you. I haven't done anything to my Jeep. How about getting back on topic instead of personal attacks?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Your troll definition sounds like you. I haven't done anything to my Jeep. How about getting back on topic instead of personal attacks?
Laughable and not a personal attack--simply stating the facts. You have steered the vast majority of the conversations you have been in to Amsoil. A search on the site proves that and absolutely substantiates what I am saying. You are a troll here to push an agenda--end of story.

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laughable and not a personal attack--simply stating the facts. You have steered the vast majority of the conversations you have been in to Amsoil. A search on the site proves that and absolutely substantiates what I am saying. You are a troll here to push an agenda--end of story.
I am here to learn about my Jeep. And provide my expertise as a retired Shell Oil chemist and AMSOIL Dealer.

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am here to learn about my Jeep. And provide my expertise as a retired Shell Oil chemist.
Then you should start doing that and stop with your other agenda--because thus far you have easily proven that you are not here to do anything other than promote Amsoil.

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then you should start doing that and stop with your other agenda--because thus far you have easily proven that you are not here to do anything other than promote Amsoil.
I have always done what I stated. Are you done with your trolling, harassment and personal attacks so we can return to the subject?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Arif

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I checked the codes on the invoice (Don't understand why they would exclude the description), and it is NOT Castrol. It is MOPAR, and I am very happy with it :

Mopar Part No.: 68397238CA
OIL-0W-20
Mopar Replacement Engine Oil Filters 68191349AC

Case closed. Thanks guys for your input.

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I checked the codes on the invoice (Don't understand why they would exclude the description), and it is NOT Castrol. It is MOPAR, and I am very happy with it :

Mopar Part No.: 68397238CA
OIL-0W-20
Mopar Replacement Engine Oil Filters 68191349AC

Case closed. Thanks guys for your input.
You are welcome. Mopar oil is made by Shell.
Sponsored