What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

VGxHC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU
How do you like the table? Any rattle? What made you go for Springtail vs Mopar version?
The table is awesome. No rattle at all. It’s secured very well to the tailgate and you can adjust the latches tightness for when it is stowed upright. I’d much rather support a mom and pop shop than Mopar. Also, I had to email Doc and the personalization he provided was a great touch.

Seanst34

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 L 4 Cylinder Turbo on 37s with 2” Mopar Lift, Inginity QX60, and BMW R Nine T Scrambler
Vehicle Showcase
Today I am going to assembling my EVO roof rack, holy sh** that is a lot of parts, but finally work my way there. Now I just need a second pair of hands to lift it up to the roof.

BTW: free Habor Freight tarp for the win.

20190215_090932.jpg

20190215_091617.jpg

20190215_142706.jpg
Ha...been there brotha but it does look good assembled?

Seanst34

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 L 4 Cylinder Turbo on 37s with 2” Mopar Lift, Inginity QX60, and BMW R Nine T Scrambler
Vehicle Showcase
Had some protective (Xpel clear) areas wrapped, headlights, fog lights, turn signals, front sloping part of the front fenders, front of rear fenders, and the vertical door columns inside the Jeep where one might smack that area when taking off a seat belt. Also, had the flat black wrap added to the engine hood, with a final rendering of a Wizard forthcoming...a local artist is working from an original design sketch of mine and had mother of pearl inlay applied to the fretboard of my guitar. The Wizard will go in the center of my hood wrap. Added piping to the channels on front and rear fenders (my thanx to RubiconSS). I included the 2nd sketch of the Wizard, the face still needs final shading and texturing and the beard will be white with grey and black features in it.

IMG_1609.JPG

IMG_1611.JPG

IMG_1614.JPG

IMG_1616.JPG

IMG_1624.JPG

IMG_1625.JPG

Wizard sketch with colors (2).png
Let’s see the final wizard reveal!

277A203F-0FFF-4AB0-B294-A2730CA0FEF8.jpeg

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
Your catch can has nothing to do with the octane in your fuel - it is collecting blow by oil and separating it from air/fumes going back into your intake. There is absolutely nothing in the design of a catch can that will give you a 25% gain in fuel economy - there are so many driving attributes and seasonal additives in fuel that can manipulate your mpgs a catch can isn’t one of them.
If I were him.......

I would replace catch can with catch barrel. Get 40 mpg.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Ha...been there brotha but it does look good assembled?
I don't know about you, but the mounting plates on the side are PITA to put on. The instruction says put the bolt inside towards outside, I guess the reason is so extrude part of the bolt will not damage the top. But I absolutely hate working with button head screw and allen keys, at one point I almost plan a trip to Lowes to get some real bolts and nuts.

BTW: I think EVO actually supply 2 1/2 inch bolt for the grip plate now, either they realized that or someone told them.

Adam 4248

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Just a minor mod, because I have a long, unlit driveway that I back down. I installed very bright LED reverse bulbs. I like the amount of light very much, I dislike the yellowish dot which can be seen thru the lens.

Wightmn

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Metal Cloak 2.5" lift, Falcon shocks, Black Rhino Chase wheels w/ NItto Ridge Grapplers, Steer Smarts tie rod and drag link & Warn Zeon winch installed by a great shop in Topeka. Jeep drives awesome. The new 8 speed is worlds better than the Nag1 in the JK. Still up in the air on regearing. It motivates pretty decent on the 4.10s.

04.jpg

Pjhusker

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, 2019 Tahoe, 2020 JLU Sport S
Plastidipped the trailrated badge and the key holes... next up the Jeep emblems and possibly the door hinges. It was pretty simple, just put some hobby paper around it and then taped it off. There is a plastic/rubber layer behind the emblem an the locks which plastidip doesn't stick too. So I used a hobby knife to trim off the access and there you go. It looks a little spotty from the rain but doesn't look that way in person.
IMG_6518.jpg
IMG_6520.jpg
So, I’ve never used plastidip before and I keep seeing how folks have used it to black out the key hole (only chrome pieces on the entire Jeep). I’d like to give it a shot but is plastidip forgiving? I mean how much needs to be tapped off? In my mind I am thinking spray paint, but from what I’ve read plastidip seems easier and more forgiving to work with. Thanks for any advice any of my fellow Jeepers might have out there.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
So, I’ve never used plastidip before and I keep seeing how folks have used it to black out the key hole (only chrome pieces on the entire Jeep). I’d like to give it a shot but is plastidip forgiving? I mean how much needs to be tapped off? In my mind I am thinking spray paint, but from what I’ve read plastidip seems easier and more forgiving to work with. Thanks for any advice any of my fellow Jeepers might have out there.
You just peel it off. So yes very forgiving. Tape off the area around what you want to paint. Several layers are highly recommended so that peeling it off is easier. Lots of you tube videos out there.

Pjhusker

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, 2019 Tahoe, 2020 JLU Sport S
You just peel it off. So yes very forgiving. Tape off the area around what you want to paint. Several layers are highly recommended so that peeling it off is easier. Lots of you tube videos out there.
Thanks