Sponsored

First oil change at the dealer - what oil options do I have?

Arif

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Going for first time oil change at tge dealer's. What oil options Do I have?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Arif

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My question was more towards synthetic or non-synthetic. I am pretty sure going to the dealer will use name brand e.g. mopar.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
My question was more towards synthetic or non-synthetic. I am pretty sure going to the dealer will use name brand e.g. mopar.
If it calls for 0W-20; it will be synthetic.

OP
OP

Arif

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just spoke to my sales guy who sold me the jeep, and I am conthoroughly fused. He says the service will know which oil to put specific to your jeep, and also said some cars can take ONLY regular oil, and some cars can take ONLY synthetic. I thought synthetic oil is good and is safe for all cars, regardless. What the heck is " some cars can only take regular oil" ??

Carbobsteel thanks for your reply but how do I know "If it calls for 0W-20; it will be synthetic." ?

Sorry if these questions sound dumb. I have lots of car and driving experience (35+ years), and I know every car oil recommendation is different, plus I'd rather ask than be sorry later.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just spoke to my sales guy who sold me the jeep, and I am conthoroughly fused. He says the service will know which oil to put specific to your jeep, and also said some cars can take ONLY regular oil, and some cars can take ONLY synthetic. I thought synthetic oil is good and is safe for all cars, regardless. What the heck is " some cars can only take regular oil" ??

Carbobsteel thanks for your reply but how do I know "If it calls for 0W-20; it will be synthetic." ?

Sorry if these questions sound dumb. I have lots of car and driving experience (35+ years), and I know every car oil recommendation is different, plus I'd rather ask than be sorry later.
Unless something has changed in the last five minutes, there is no 0W-20 oil that is not synthetic. I have never seen a conventional or synthetic blend oil that was 0W-20.

Sponsored

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Just tell them to change the oil, they [should] know what to do.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
OP, your dealer will put in the oil that is mentioned on page 314 Of your owners manual.

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
Depends in which motor. The 2.0LT uses SN plus 5-30w. The dealer spec for this is Pennzoil. I use the SN plus for boosted engines by Amsoil. Dealers can't seem to get that its only 5 Qts not 6 like the previous models.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Depends in which motor. The 2.0LT uses SN plus 5-30w. The dealer spec for this is Pennzoil. I use the SN plus for boosted engines by Amsoil. Dealers can't seem to get that its only 5 Qts not 6 like the previous models.
He posted in the 3.6 board so folks Above are assuming that he has a 3.6.

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport 2 door Bikini Pearl
Unless something has changed in the last five minutes, there is no 0W-20 oil that is not synthetic. I have never seen a conventional or synthetic blend oil that was 0W-20.
There are a lot of synthetic blend 0w-20. Have been for years.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase