What winch are you using?

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
Nice rig... is that a mc lift that you painted/powder coated? Or is there a lift that comes that color?
Thank you. It’s the roam 8” long arm and I had it painted candy purple.
Sponsored

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
@Semaj, do you plan on using the winch very often or is it more for looks and just in case?

We sell multiple different winches from most of the bigger winch companies. The most popular are the Warn and Smittybuilt winches. Warn for their quality and Smittybilt for the price.

If you are planning on getting out into the wild and into spots you may need a winch, take a close look at the Warn Zeon. Good quality unit and well worth the price.

Can you add a remote to non-platinum Warn Zeons?

I don't think I want a winch without a manual clutch.
Yes, and it's pretty easy to install: Warn Wireless Controller Kit pn# 90287

I wish there was more information out on the Superwinch EXP.
Unfortunately Superwinch is no longer.... :crying:

https://medium.com/@mpadilla_38535/...ne-auction-to-be-conducted-by-svd-fad5d168d55

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Any idea if you install a 90 lb winch will the front end droop at all? What is happening with super winch are they closing reorganizing or consolidating?

Sponsored

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man
That is a warn winch plate and Warn Recover D-Ring Recovery and Hi-Lift Hack Points. You don’t need the winch plat to install the RPs but they do require cutting of the bumper

612B1F47-72AB-4A9C-B151-C46543665538.jpeg

55354973-BC12-4381-BD76-251C20628BE7.jpeg

12412B17-E632-469A-82F3-E4C21146B5AF.jpeg
Can you attach a picture of the final cutout on your bumper:please:

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I'm going with a Warn Zeon 10S. High probability it will work when needed 5 years down the trail.

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Any idea if you install a 90 lb winch will the front end droop at all? What is happening with super winch are they closing reorganizing or consolidating?
My JLR dropped ~1/2 inch after I installed my Quadratec Stealth (synthetic) with JCR winch plate and mopar bull bar. All three combined added ~81 lbs to front end. No perceivable drop either or noticeable difference in driving or handling. In addition it should help balance out when I'm fully loaded in the rear with all camping gear as well

runfellow

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Good morning, folks. First time poster.

I've been perusing through this thread, and have noticed a number of you have a Warn VR-10S with a Factor 55 flatlink. I recently installed this onto my JL, as well, except the loop at the end did not seem to fit at all with the Flatlink. The only way it would fit was at an awkward (and seemingly unsafe) right angle, of sorts. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or did you have to make some kind of modification to make it fit?

Sponsored

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
Good morning, folks. First time poster.

I've been perusing through this thread, and have noticed a number of you have a Warn VR-10S with a Factor 55 flatlink. I recently installed this onto my JL, as well, except the loop at the end did not seem to fit at all with the Flatlink. The only way it would fit was at an awkward (and seemingly unsafe) right angle, of sorts. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or did you have to make some kind of modification to make it fit?
A pic might help identify the problem

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
@runfellow

Looks like the ears on your thimble are splayed out a bit, not letting it fit in the flat link.

Stick it in a large vise and squeeze it or use a hammer and flatten those ears down just enough that it will fit the Flatlink. Doesn't look like it needs much at all.

Last edited:

Seanst34

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 L 4 Cylinder Turbo on 37s with 2” Mopar Lift, Inginity QX60, and BMW R Nine T Scrambler
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha. As you can see, the eye of the rope is simply too thick for it, except if you put it in an awkward right angle.
f55pic2.jpg
f55pic3.jpg
f55pic1.jpg
Hmmm....didn’t have this proble with mine. I would second on using a vice or some other device to pinch the ends together to allow proper fit.
Sponsored