Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
TL;DR: What winch cover are you running? What material (Vinyl, Neoprene, Oxford)? What company? Pros/cons?

So, I’m currently running a beat up, ill-fitting old Warn vinyl winch bag with replaced bungees. It’s looking pretty rough and I have some gift cards from xmas, so I figure- why not upgrade?

My concern: I live in the rust belt and I’ve noticed some moisture seems to be getting trapped inside the bag and just sitting on the winch. I have the Motobilt winch bumper with the recessed mount. My Jeep isn’t a show and shine Jeep, and as long as my winch works when I need it I’m happy, but if I can avoid corrosion it would be nice, since it's a brand new winch. It is a daily driver, and will see a fair amount of trail use in years to come including all of the usual northeastern US terrain (when it’s not dusty it’s wet and vice versa, and I do run a synthetic line).
Sponsored

Last edited:

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I am running this one on a Smittybilt 12K X20 winch mounted on a Warn plate in a Rubicon steel bumper:

Seven Sparta Winch Cover... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MLVM5GC

It fits pretty well and for the price no complaints thus far.

OP
OP
RubiSc0tt

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I am running this one on a Smittybilt 12K X20 winch mounted on a Warn plate in a Rubicon steel bumper:

Seven Sparta Winch Cover... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MLVM5GC

It fits pretty well and for the price no complaints thus far.
I was looking at that. I got their door guards and they were reasonably priced and seem to work great.
How does it do for water resistance and ventilation? My current problem is that moisture from rain/ snow/ condensation gets trapped under the vinyl cover and doesn't vent because there is next to zero air flow through the vinyl, only up underneath and with a recessed winch mount- that isn't much. I'm looking for something that keeps the water out, but lets the air flow through.

Edit: just took a closer look and the elastic at the bottom might help that. Mine is completely open other than the bungees and they don't do much but hold it on.