ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Made a brace from the existing threaded holes at the bottom of the tailgate to the existing holes in the bottom of the RSE table. Big reduction in movement by having the bottom supported.

It's just some scrap aluminum strips wrapped in electrical tape (in case it rattles), but does the job.

IMG_20200419_165130.jpg
In looking at all the different tailgate tables and how they mount, I did find it odd that the RSE table didnā€™t have lower mounting points for the JL (but did for the JK). I bet your braving gives it some stability. Great idea. Although maybe RSE should tweak the design a bit to include sone sort of lower mounting to secure it.
Sponsored

Seaquest85

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
The cutting board does slide out for cleaning. There is a thumb screw that keeps it from sliding all the way out. Just remove the screw to take it out.

20191006_122617.jpg

20191006_122545.jpg
Did you have issues with mounting locations? Apparently some people are saying it requires you to trim the plastic latch cover over the jack stand. I like it and considering buying it. Thanks!

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I have the Front Runner also. No interference or modification required...

bigd652

First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Altitude
Does anyone with one of these tables also have a cargo mat with a high lip? I have the quadratec cargo mat, and it appears if I install one of these tailgate tables, there will be some interference between table and mat.
I am also wondering the same. And does the table interfere with the freedom top storage??

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
The Front Runner does stick out a fair bit, probably 2ā€ past the plastic cover. Now that the price of the FR has creeped up to almost $200 (I bought it for 150something), Iā€™d probably consider the aluminum options offered (most are also a thinner profile).

Sponsored

glashoppah

First Name
Hoppah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2011 Mercedes S550, 2013 911 Carrera S
I went with this puppy. It's really nice, plus it's a factory option. It's at least five feet deep so you can put a whole pile of camp stoves and stuff on it, and the end of it folds down to extend it a bit. And I think it can hold hundreds of pounds - not sure, but it seems really sturdy. And no venting problems so far.

Jeep Wrangler JL What Tailgate Table do you run? 1607111800754

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Front Runner table has been solid for quite some time now. No rattles, no interference, etc.

Jeep Wrangler JL What Tailgate Table do you run? 20200616_185352

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
My JLR has the Trail Rail System and since the Mopar Tailgate Table works with the Trail Rail System, I just ordered one. Looks like there may be another change/update as the part number for the newer Mopar Tailgate Tables ends in 'AD". Have zero idea if really a change or just a different manufacturer.

I am nearing the end of my mod/upgrade list...Pretty soon there will be nothing to do but drive and enjoy :)

And since it appears a near certainty FCA will not be putting the 392 in 2-door JL's, I may even keep this one long enough to put the extended warranty to the test!

ArmannB

First Name
Armann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR 3.6
Installed the springtail table this weekend. I was really impressed with the quality feel right out of the box. Assembly was straight forward, no real need for instructions but there is a Youtube video if you want to follow. Completely solid table and I was wasn't let down after driving around with zero rattles, which was one of my main concerns. The other being the possibility of blocking the air vents on the tailgate. Doc was super helpful with my questions and explained the design allowing air to still pass through behind the mounting panel.

Jeep Wrangler JL What Tailgate Table do you run? image1 (6)
Jeep Wrangler JL What Tailgate Table do you run? image0 (1)

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚
This is the cheap chinese mopar one for $60 on ebay and amazon
So far so good
Jeep Wrangler JL What Tailgate Table do you run? IMG_9581 (2)
Jeep Wrangler JL What Tailgate Table do you run? IMG_8663
Jeep Wrangler JL What Tailgate Table do you run? BE26B2DC-4EDF-44AB-BB2C-1000D5E604C8
Jeep Wrangler JL What Tailgate Table do you run? 720E9431-E63D-4962-A682-DE39290398D4
Jeep Wrangler JL What Tailgate Table do you run? 1A10DA6C-1421-4E3E-B738-4004E5E71A74
Jeep Wrangler JL What Tailgate Table do you run? IMG_7360

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have links to tailgates that don't require drilling around the $60 range?
I believe they all require drilling in some form or fashion.

If drilling wasn't an option and $60 is the sweet spot for your budget; I'd suggest getting a portable aluminum camping table. Lightweight, usually compact, reasonably durable, easy to clean and you can use it just about anywhere (not just the Jeep). It's not as quick as two latches, but setup is usually sub 2min and you'll get much more working space for your money.

I carry one in the back of my Jeep with two foldable chairs at all times. Sometimes, grabbing some food and driving to a nice away spot to eat is much nicer!

It also helps to have a table for trail/roadside repairs lol!
Sponsored