Sponsored

Tailgate Table

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I do not have that one. I need a table to cook on and this does not have a backsplash./heat shield.

brendent16

First Name
Brenden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
After careful consideration I just bought and installed the springtail solutions folding table. Absolute beast of a table. Sturdy, heavy, strong, and rattle free. Table mostly for use when we are on the beach to hold drinks and snacks. There’s a lip on the edge of the table that when flat prevents things from extending beyond the table which can be both good and bad. The major reason why we got this specific table was for the sturdy Molle rack. We rigged it up to hold our overland gear. Looks great and is super functional. Doesn’t protrude into the cargo area too much (can still fit my golf clubs). Uses quick fists and some bolts for the clamps.
Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate Table D6BBD560-2237-41D9-8CA2-B970CBC77B99

RafterCExplorations

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon/Diesel, 1972 "CJ-5/buggy", 2003 V8 4Runner, 2008 Dodge/Cummins 3500 w/Four Wheel Pop Up camper, 1960 Chevrolet Apache C-10, 1939 Buick Special, Honda XR650R
Much to my surprise, Dee Zee actually makes stuff that is not chrome diamond plate, including a tailgate table for our JLs. Decent price point for American made (if you shop around), and it seems to be well-engineered. Anyone have this?
https://www.deezee.com/product/dz-4469jl-jeep-rear-door-workbench/
I just installed the DeeZee yesterday. Seems good enough. It is made of steel, so probably a bit heavier than some of the basic tables, but that does give the ability to use rare earth magnets for cutting boards, etc. Mounts into the existing tailgate threaded bosses behind the trim panel, then uses mounting tape on the bottom portion. I think that will ok behind 99% of the force on the table should be downward into the tailgate. I like that it doesn't use cables to support the table surface. Allows overhang to each side that way. And the latches are solid and positive. DOES NOT RATTLE.
I'm not a cook on the tailgate guy, so this will mostly be a sandwich making/prep surface.

tempImageAtbSfV.png

tempImageAai4Nm.png

Wapiti

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I never followed up here in the post, but I ended up buying a slightly used one of these last August. Not quite a year has gone by but I'm very happy with it. Added a couple of magnets as rattle insurance straight from the get go so your mileage may vary but I think it's well designed and well built. I have a couple of molle bags on it as well- one first aid kit, one misc pouch with dog accessories- and still no rattles.

Sponsored

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
I never followed up here in the post, but I ended up buying a slightly used one of these last August. Not quite a year has gone by but I'm very happy with it. Added a couple of magnets as rattle insurance straight from the get go so your mileage may vary but I think it's well designed and well built. I have a couple of molle bags on it as well- one first aid kit, one misc pouch with dog accessories- and still no rattles.
Glad its working well for ya!

ali.baba

First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Wrangler 4xe
did you all purchase a reinforcement to your tailgate when adding the table?
Looking to pick up the RockSlide table (which is spec'd at 15 lbs)

OutdoorMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon
I wonder how hard it would be to retrofit a bottom support so you could drop a bottled water or similar inside
You know you could just put a solo cup in there and then put the bottle of water inside. Solves the permanent issue and the bottle issue. Just something I thought of while reading this.

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter
If anyone is curious about what's behind the plastic panel on the JLU/JL tailgate....

Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate Table tempImageAai4Nm
Old post. But ! What’s the purpose of the vents on the tailgate? For pressure when closing/opening doors and etc ?