What make a Rubicon a Rubicon?

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I did exactly what you just described on my Sport S. Wouldn't have done it any other way. (except the hood, maybe maybe next year).
My Sahara has the Limited Slip which is why I bought the Sahara over the Rubicon as the LSD is much better in Rain-Snow-Mud than the lockers, however I really likes the Rubi Hood to I bought one in December from a local Dealer (below is the receipt) After discounts $709 total Paint was $350)

hood%20invoice_zpscslqov0j.jpg

front_zpseeusk2kv.jpg

front%20corner_zpsl89bdu0h.jpg

Also Rubi and Sahara has standard equipment he larger Alternator, which you can get with the optional Sport Tow package
Sponsored

Last edited:

JLRoachicon

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU RUBICON 2.0 Turbo, 2006 Ducati 999S (RIP)
Vehicle Showcase
Y’all have forgotten that Rubicons come with automatic respect, an option not available on the other models ;):jk::flag:
Boy, you said it. I didn’t get the Rubicon edition way back when I bought my 2006 TJ. I lifted it and added larger wheels and tires, etc. Didn’t do anything close to earn the respect of a Rubicon. :(

Nash

First Name
Nash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jk rubicon
My Punk'n Rubi didn't come with the red dash, certain colors don't. I'm not sure why they went that way. They put red accents on the "RUBICON", red tow hooks front & rear, and red accent badges that look really good with the orange, not sure why they didn't put it on the dash too. But the gray dash looks classy... not sure I want to spend $ to find out if I like the red dash better or not.
Red dash comes with cloth seats and dark leather :)

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
What makes a Rubicon a Rubicon?

Unless you're a true hard core off-roader, in which case you don't likely run your Wrangler, Rubicon or otherwise, stock so the difference is as much emotional as anything.

In Mercedes speak Rubicon is AMG
In BMW speak Rubicon is M
In Audi speak Rubicon is S or RS
In Lexus speak Rubicon is F
In Cadillac speak Rubicon is V
In Porsche speak Run-on is GT

You get my point. It's rare, if ever, that any of the above are driven, by their owners, anywhere near the limits of these vehicles. Practically speaking it's emotion that makes a Rubicon a Rubicon, IMHO.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
What makes a Rubicon a Rubicon?

Unless you're a true hard core off-roader, in which case you don't likely run your Wrangler, Rubicon or otherwise, stock so the difference is as much emotional as anything.

In Mercedes speak Rubicon is AMG
In BMW speak Rubicon is M
In Audi speak Rubicon is S or RS
In Lexus speak Rubicon is F
In Cadillac speak Rubicon is V
In Porsche speak Run-on is GT

You get my point. It's rare, if ever, that any of the above are driven, by their owners, anywhere near the limits of these vehicles. Practically speaking it's emotion that makes a Rubicon a Rubicon, IMHO.
A lot of Rubicon owners do use the sway bar disconnect and lockers. And if they put larger tires on they can get by without a re-gear.

Could most owners get by with a Sport or Sahara? Yes. But to say the features are just emotional is overstating it.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Y’all have forgotten that Rubicons come with automatic respect, an option not available on the other models ;):jk::flag:
Could not disagree more with this statement.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
As long as somebody isn't selling me a Jeep that is misrepresented, I don't care if they want to put Ferrari stickers on their Jeep Sport hood.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
OP, kudos to you sir!!! This is the most expert, trollingest troll thread I have read in a long time! 🤣
Sponsored