What comes with a Rubicon?

amiii

First Name
Amir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
Sorry if this is a stupid question but I bought a 2019 Rubicon with UCONNECT® 4 WITH 7-INCH DISPLAY with ALPINE® PREMIUM AUDIO SYSTEM options. I did not get any other options since I figured I will upgrade most things interior and exterior such as lights, seats etc. I was talking to a friend who has the sport s model and he said Rubicons come with Auxiliary unit. Is that standard on the Rubicon model or optional? Also my is very basic compared to videos I have seen on Youtube, like music. compass, phone and not much in terms of apps. Do you have to get the GPS to get all the apps and the extras that come with Uconnect? I kinda feel now that I should have maybe added some more options. I mean I paid close to $58,000 Canadian Dollars (~ $43,000 USD) so expected some of these options to be standard on the Rubicon. Guess I just got excited and decided without thinking about add ons.

Anyways is auxiliary unit optional on the Rubicon and is Uconnect on 7” screen more basic in terms of apps?

And one thing I regret not getting is the Blind-Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross-Path Detection. Got into an accident first month I had my Jeep which the blind spot monitoring might have prevented. Ended up being a $32,000 fix which insurance covered and frame needed to be replaced so they pretty much built my brand new Rubicon again on the new frame. I always think they might have screwed up something and i will have a problem down the road.
Sponsored

702SaharaJL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bikini Blue
Sorry if this is a stupid question but I bought a 2019 Rubicon with UCONNECT® 4 WITH 7-INCH DISPLAY with ALPINE® PREMIUM AUDIO SYSTEM options. I did not get any other options since I figured I will upgrade most things interior and exterior such as lights, seats etc. I was talking to a friend who has the sport s model and he said Rubicons come with Auxiliary unit. Is that standard on the Rubicon model or optional? Also my is very basic compared to videos I have seen on Youtube, like music. compass, phone and not much in terms of apps. Do you have to get the GPS to get all the apps and the extras that come with Uconnect? I kinda feel now that I should have maybe added some more options. I mean I paid close to $58,000 Canadian Dollars (~ $43,000 USD) so expected some of these options to be standard on the Rubicon. Guess I just got excited and decided without thinking about add ons.

Anyways is auxiliary unit optional on the Rubicon and is Uconnect on 7” screen more basic in terms of apps?

And one thing I regret not getting is the Blind-Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross-Path Detection. Got into an accident first month I had my Jeep which the blind spot monitoring might have prevented. Ended up being a $32,000 fix which insurance covered and frame needed to be replaced so they pretty much built my brand new Rubicon again on the new frame. I always think they might have screwed up something and i will have a problem down the road.
if you have your VIN you can go here and see the build sheet

https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP

amiii

First Name
Amir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
if you have your VIN you can go here and see the build sheet

https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing
Thanks, that was helpful. There are some things on the list that my Rubicon doesn't have or at least I think it doesn't. Like illuminated cup holders? Heated side mirrors etc. Is that even possible?

Aux switches is an option in the tow package. The 8.4 is available with nav. Std 8.4 has more features than 7, look at Jeep.com to see. Rubicon with no options may be difficult to sell later.
Probably not planning to sell in the next 5-10 years. I just spent close to $8,000 on upgrades. But just wondering why you say that? When I was placing an order I just found some of the options were too much for a Jeep since I will probably spend 10-15k doing upgrades in the future.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Rubicon comes with A superior attitude. It’s priceless.

the 8.4 Does have more apps. The aux buttons come with tow package and aren’t exclusive to the Rubicon.

what you are really paying for is 4:1 transfer case. 4.10 gears. Electronic sway bar disconnect. Dana 44 axles. Lockers in both axles. Rock rails. High fenders. All good stuff.

Last edited:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Most people want factory options when they buy a used Rubicon. They don't know the quality of the materials or work done on addons.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
what you are really paying for is 4:1 transfer case. 4.10 gears. Electronic sway bar disconnect. Dana 44 axles. Lockers in both axles. Rock rails. High fenders. All good stuff.
Don't forget the hood vents and cool Rubicon hood decals. Also the 3rd brake light housing/riser is different than the other models. Apparently it's bigger to accept the 33" tire.

I'll second the street cred @JLUin818 !!

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
I always thought "roads are optional" should be listed as an option on the window sticker of a Rubicon.:)

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Rubicon 8.4 “ with Alpine, Tow/ Auxiliary is a must IMO. The debate of getting these after market has gone on forever. As someone else mentioned, stock options win over after market the vast majority of times in my experience.
Sponsored