Sponsored

What make a Rubicon a Rubicon?

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
My Punk'n Rubi didn't come with the red dash, certain colors don't. I'm not sure why they went that way. They put red accents on the "RUBICON", red tow hooks front & rear, and red accent badges that look really good with the orange, not sure why they didn't put it on the dash too. But the gray dash looks classy... not sure I want to spend $ to find out if I like the red dash better or not.
Anybody know if the HellaYella JL Rubicons come with the red dash, or do they come with the silver? If I was a betting man, I'd bet red, but I don't know.
Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
That's an oversimplification of how the warranty works. Sure, your new suspension is not covered under warranty, but the rest of the vehicle's warranty is unaffected unless the suspension mod can be directly linked to the problem.
I did not mean void the whole warranty. Let's just assume a scenario, if a Sport put on Rubicon shocks and springs, then having steering stabilizer failure which is very common, dealer can just say "yes you put on Rubicon 'heavy duty' spring and shocks and that stressed the steering stabilizer,".then you are on your own.

The point here is not arguing whether dealer going to void warranty or not, it is merely a comparison of benefits buying a Rubicon and upgrade a Sport to Rubicon.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Im surprised it still comes with red stitching. You would think all red or all silver.;)
This is a good point. I think the silver stitching that comes on the tan interior would look much better.

Sponsored

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Anybody know if the HellaYella JL Rubicons come with the red dash, or do they come with the silver? If I was a betting man, I'd bet red, but I don't know.
My Mojito came with a grey dash. The leather seats have the red Rubicon stitching. It was ore owned, so I don’t know the order history.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
My Mojito came with a grey dash. The leather seats have the red Rubicon stitching. It was ore owned, so I don’t know the order history.
How do you know they were a ‘ore. Maybe they were just promiscuous.:giggle:

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
don't forget the 8.4 with NAV can't get that on a sport

Sponsored

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
If I take a Sport S and add the LED lights, Rubicon suspension, Rubicon steel front and rear bumpers and the hood do I have a Rubicon? If I take a Rubicon and replace the suspension, wheels, tires, hood, put on a big stinger is it still a Rubicon? Is it possible to make a Rubicon a Sahara if I change enough crap? Move a Sport S upstream into a Sahara or Rubicon?

Or is it just a bunch of letters on a title somewhere?

Just curious
I did exactly what you just described on my Sport S. Wouldn't have done it any other way. (except the hood, maybe maybe next year).

OP
OP
Kenny

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

I did exactly what you just described on my Sport S. Wouldn't have done it any other way. (except the hood, maybe maybe next year).
There’s a hood in a salvage yard calling my name.....

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
There’s a hood in a salvage yard calling my name.....
I've already put Xpel paint protection on mine or I might have done it sooner )

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
I paid a premium so I could have the Rubicon logo, dirty looks from non-Rubicon owners (happens more than you’re willing to admit and you know it), and a false sense of entitlement.

Worth every penny.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Rubicon comes with premium cloth seats, one of the nicest cloth seats I have seen in years.
Sahara also has the premium cloth, I was going to buy Katskinz however I really like the cloth and after 6 cans of scotch-guard, they are tough and water rolls right off whereas leather will stretch and wrinkle not to mention cloth is much better (cooler and breathable) for top off or down... for me Leather is a waste of $1500. With that said though I bought the rough country Neoprene seat covers everyone is raving about, I may not put them on since I like the cloth so much (I never though I would own another cloth interior)
Sponsored