Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
7 AM today, wife tells me my Wrangler is running. This is a 2019 Sport, 3.6 AT, no remote start. Has 1700 miles. It was parked overnight in the driveway. The fob was inside. When I went out, it had stopped. The hood was covered in frost and fuel gauge was reading what it had when I parked it last night, so it clearly wasnt running all night. Gear shift was in park. When I tried it, it started normally.

Anyone have any possible explanation?
Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Wife maybe wrong ? Or with they key fob in the car something triggered it

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
Maybe it's your wife pulling your chain? What did she base that it was running on? Was she outside? Did she just see a cloud by the exhaust pipe? No other thoughts.

OP
OP
Mikeoso

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Maybe it's your wife pulling your chain? What did she base that it was running on? Was she outside? Did she just see a cloud by the exhaust pipe? No other thoughts.
Wife was outside, standing next to it. Heard the engine, saw exhaust etc.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Weird! Wrangler started itself

No it didn’t................

...............I’m watching you....... Mawhahahahaha

Sponsored

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
When I went out, it had stopped.
By chance did you feel the engine? It seems odd to me that there was frost on the hood if it was running shortly before you went outside. Also strange that your wife was standing beside the car WHILE it was running, but it wasn’t running for long enough to warm anything up.

Edit. Push button start? Maybe there’s a short? If you’re worried, if park it where you can see it and keep an eye on it to see if it does it again.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Maybe alcohol was involved? lol.

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
That's how it all starts...…"Your Jeep was running", "I don't know where your favorite shoes are", "What do you mean you are hungry? We just had dinner.", "We have had a pet turtle for years.", "Why are you drinking again?", "You are IMAGINING things.", "I don't know who you are anymore!", "Don't worry I will come visit you while you get better.....promise.". Hope you haven't made her angry lately. BTW my wife still visit sometimes. She even drives the Jeep when she does. I would have let her drive it more if she would have just asked. The people are nice here. But SERIOUSLY let us know IF you figure out what happened.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikeoso

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
That's how it all starts...…"Your Jeep was running", "I don't know where your favorite shoes are", "What do you mean you are hungry? We just had dinner.", "We have had a pet turtle for years.", "Why are you drinking again?", "You are IMAGINING things.", "I don't know who you are anymore!", "Don't worry I will come visit you while you get better.....promise.". Hope you haven't made her angry lately. BTW my wife still visit sometimes. She even drives the Jeep when she does. I would have let her drive it more if she would have just asked. The people are nice here. But SERIOUSLY let us know IF you figure out what happened.
Wife often accuses me of gaslighting her.

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
7 AM today, wife tells me my Wrangler is running. This is a 2019 Sport, 3.6 AT, no remote start. Has 1700 miles. It was parked overnight in the driveway. The fob was inside. When I went out, it had stopped. The hood was covered in frost and fuel gauge was reading what it had when I parked it last night, so it clearly wasnt running all night. Gear shift was in park. When I tried it, it started normally.

Anyone have any possible explanation?
Most likely it was never turned off. Do you leave ESS enabled? If so, the aux battery may have gotten low, or temp got cold so heat needed to be turned on, or some other reason to start the engine when auto stopped.

OP
OP
Mikeoso

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Most likely it was never turned off. Do you leave ESS enabled? If so, the aux battery may have gotten low, or temp got cold so heat needed to be turned on, or some other reason to start the engine when auto stopped.
Pretty sure I had ESS turned off and had turned off the engine. However, yours is the only explanation that seems feasible. Thanks.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Butt start...?
Sponsored