First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
So recently Ive noticed that when I back out of my parking spot at work and I turn the wheel all the way right to drive out, theres a "pop" noise come from what seems the front driver side wheel.

I took it to the dealership, they said they had to replace the hub & bearing but that the tech noticed theres still a noise and cant figure it out. Called Chrysler and they would get back to them.

Any ideas? Anyone have issues?

Also, about 2 weeks ago I started hearing a whistling noise coming somewhere from the passenger side. Somewhere. And its at random. I think when the wind is JUST right. Last about 3-5 seconds and nothing more. Cant figure that one out either.

Most important is that pop/clank I hear.

Thanks guy!
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I read a thread on here with a similar problem. The whistling noise was determined to be outside air creeping in and passing thru one of the speakers. I forget which of the seals wasnā€™t set properly but it was allowing air to pass thru.

Suffice to say once the seal was replaced the noise stopped.

Either that or itā€™s you yourself making that noise. :CWL:

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe the whistle is from the plastic triangle piece in the corner of the outside window. If itā€™s not sealed right I have seen where air will get under there and make a whistle.

The pop or clunk is hard to help you diagnose without much to go on but turning right from a parking space. It could be a list of things. Does this only happen at full lock to the right?
If you were not at full lock would this pop still happen?

Is your Jeep completely stock?

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Maybe the whistle is from the plastic triangle piece in the corner of the outside window. If itā€™s not sealed right I have seen where air will get under there and make a whistle.
YES!! What he said! There was a thread where a forum member sealed a part of this and it stopped the whistling. :like:

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So recently Ive noticed that when I back out of my parking spot at work and I turn the wheel all the way right to drive out, theres a "pop" noise come from what seems the front driver side wheel.

I took it to the dealership, they said they had to replace the hub & bearing but that the tech noticed theres still a noise and cant figure it out. Called Chrysler and they would get back to them.

Also, about 2 weeks ago I started hearing a whistling noise coming somewhere from the passenger side. Somewhere. And its at random. I think when the wind is JUST right. Last about 3-5 seconds and nothing more. Cant figure that one out either.

Thanks guy!
Sounds like a loose ball joint, check torque, and make sure itā€™s right.

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
Sounds like a loose ball joint, check torque, and make sure itā€™s right.
Thats what I was going to suggest.

you can crawl under and try wiggling suspension parts, and you can also park, turn the wheel lock to lock, and have someone give the body a shove to try and replicate the action of you pulling out of the driveway while you're underneath. Have you tried backing out in both directions to see if it happens either way?

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL

Thanks guy!
Ohh the whistling! Yeah you fix that by cranking the radio! Hahahaha

Sponsored

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
:CWL:....... thatā€™s why they offered such a nice alpine sound system with the jls........:)
Right?! Hahahah. I feel like I'm one of the lucky ones with no whistle. I have used silicone lube on all my rubber freedom top gaskets. Maybe that helped?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Thanks guy!
@noloc45
We regret hearing about the trouble you've experienced in having this concern diagnosed. If you would like additional support while your vehicle is in service, please reach out to our team via private message. We would be happy to look into this further for you.

Kathryn
JeepCares

OP
OP

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Sorry everyone, Ive been a bit busy getting myself setup at home to work remotely.

I will try everyone's suggestings and see.

I have not tried pull out from the left! I will see and no, not full lock but I do think it has to be significant turn. I will test out various scenarios.

I just posted another issue Im having now after service. Rear locker randomly turning "on"

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Sorry everyone, Ive been a bit busy getting myself setup at home to work remotely.

I will try everyone's suggestings and see.

I have not tried pull out from the left! I will see and no, not full lock but I do think it has to be significant turn. I will test out various scenarios.

I just posted another issue Im having now after service. Rear locker randomly turning "on"
thats a short in the locker feed back wire. you can take it to the dealer they should be able to figure that out rather quickly.

OP
OP

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
thats a short in the locker feed back wire. you can take it to the dealer they should be able to figure that out rather quickly.
Hey thanks! I will make sure to mention that to them.
Sponsored