Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
first world problems?
I find it really funny what people in the first world countries become uptight over. I have traveled all over the world and lived in countries so poor the wished they had a car any car. if the only thing we are worried about was a $#@&ing water leak in our brand new Jeep, it seem so trivial

Jimbo344

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Strictly a matter of principle! $55,000 for water pouring into your cabin when you can buy a $15,000 car that doesn't do the same thing, it's BS!

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
When the water dribbles in onto that bit of plastic that gets dirty off the soles of your shoes I take the opportunity to give it a wipe clean...all good!

Isnā€™t this what Jeep intended?

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JT

Donah

First Name
Donah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitude
Fantastic job HiJinx69, great idea. My husband is a retired Major General and actually had the CEO and design engineerā€™s contact information. Theyā€™d interacted before but not this time.
I doubt they care as Jeeps are going to sell regardless. Itā€™s been since 2018 and they still havenā€™t addressed this, so itā€™s doubtful they ever will. Unless a large number of people contact them, nothing will be done.
We returned the new one and got the old one back as it had only been 3 days and the dealership gave us 5 days to decide. Weā€™ll wait to see if they ever make an effort to correct the design issue. As much as I love the Jeep, we wonā€™t pay that much money for something with such an issue.

sknyfats

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Willys 2 Door
- hot glue gun with the glue sticks
- filled in each end at the front
- drilled a tiny hole in the channel at the rear on each side
- No Drips or water streaming
Applied to HT/ST/Bestop Sunrider
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but, my brand new JL 2 door with soft top does this stream (Not drip or drips - but a steady & constant FLOW of water) into the cabin or on me when itā€™s rained or raining and the door is open/opened.

None of my JKā€™s did this - not my ā€˜12 JK Sport 2 door and not the 18 JKU - with either soft top or hard top. Completely different design with the JLā€™s. And, we get significant rain here in northern Florida - so I need to make this better.

@jrohan07 - I like your idea the best but for clarification, did you drill your tiny hole in the side of the channel, or, did you come in from the top or bottom to drill your hole? And is this solution still working well?

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but, my brand new JL 2 door with soft top does this stream (Not drip or drips - but a steady & constant FLOW of water) into the cabin or on me when itā€™s rained or raining and the door is open/opened.

None of my JKā€™s did this - not my ā€˜12 JK Sport 2 door and not the 18 JKU - with either soft top or hard top. Completely different design with the JLā€™s. And, we get significant rain here in northern Florida - so I need to make this better.

@jrohan07 - I like your idea the best but for clarification, did you drill your tiny hole in the side of the channel, or, did you come in from the top or bottom to drill your hole? And is this solution still working well?
The tiny hole gets drilled from the bottom of the channel on each corner.
- 1 front left and 1 front right
-1 rear left and 1 rear right

The 4 holes seem to help drain with suction before the channel fills with water and the JEEP's raked front end seems to make the water drain when you open the door.

You should adjust your soft top latches up front as well as re tighten all ST bolts

Sponsored

Artvandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
first world problems?
Not at all...like others have said when you spend like $50,000 on a wrangler, like I did on my 2020, you shouldnā€™t have to deal w water pouring on you or inside the Jeep. Esp since they know full well of the issue for years now. Pple can act like itā€™s a small thing all they want, but letā€™s be real... itā€™s crap, we shouldnā€™t have to deal w it and we Def shouldnā€™t gave to be rigging up ghetto fixes. The biggest thing is sometimes youā€™re not just simply getting wet because itā€™s not just pouring on the floor mat... multiple pple have reported that theyā€™ve had theirs bead up, stick to the a pillar and run right down it into the dash...
Thatā€™s not good at all, if that happens even once on mine Iā€™ll be going to the dealer so itā€™s on file for the future if there any electrical problems. Makes me wonder how many pple have had this happen and them or their passenger hasnt seen it.

Very possible, because even with mine damned up at the front with caulk it still does it and Iā€™m sure a lot of you are like me...after the first few times of the stream coming down I just decided that instead of being pissed off and miserable Iā€™ve just accepted it, donā€™t pay attention, and just get in and out of the jeep fast to minimize the BS. Iā€™m sure thatā€™s been the ā€œfixā€ for most of us.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
As much as I like Jeeps and the saying "it's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand" I think it's time the people at Jeep get their crap together! If they are going to charge luxury car prices they better up their QC and get those people on the ball!

Our JLUS is our 27th Jeep since our new in 1965 CJ 5 so we can sympathize! Yup the CJ 5 had leaks too the 2018 JLU has certainly improved but... come on Jeep it's 2020!! Better keep an eye on the new bronco or Jeep sales will go down if QC does not go up! Love 'em or leave 'em I guess?

As you can tell after 27 I'm probably gonna stick with "it's a Jeep thing"! After all it's on my "Break over" Jeep ball cap so what do you expect!!

Go Jeep!!!