Vehicle Showcase

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
My passenger is popping too. I just don’t mind it. There was a giant thread here about this door popping issue.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
My passenger is popping too. I just don’t mind it. There was a giant thread here about this door popping issue.
The noise does not bother me, but I am concerned what is wearing and if I ignore it will something wear to the point of costing more than these bushings to replace.

ricerconvert

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Are you sure that the bolt for the metal door catch isnt loose? My doors pop when I open/close them if that bolt is loose.

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
Usually the pop is related to the the stops and movement on the hold open bar. I would be surprised if the hinge itself is worn down. Definitely check the bolt.

To check the hinges remove the bolt with the bar half closed into the door. This will isolate the hinges and leaves enough room to swing the door.

Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The noise does not bother me, but I am concerned what is wearing and if I ignore it will something wear to the point of costing more than these bushings to replace.
In the other huge threads about this, it was deduced that the noise was caused by glued metals inside the door separating and when you open the door, the door check, which is mounted to those metals inside the door, causes tension and makes the metals inside the door pop.

It doesn’t seem to be a big problem or a problem that will get worse over time and it is not an easy fix at all as it requires removing the door and gluing/welding those metals back together, something that no one has been able to do as far as we know on these forums.

You can test if your popping is caused by the same issue by unscrewing the door check and then opening and closing the door to observe if the popping is still there with the door check detached.
Jeep Wrangler JL Passenger Door "Popping" When Opening/Closing 29137AF6-717A-4541-B09F-B66F9284252E

But if your issue really is from the hinges, that might be an easy fix.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Are you sure that the bolt for the metal door catch isnt loose? My doors pop when I open/close them if that bolt is loose.
Nope, tight. It was the first thing I checked.
Sponsored