Click sound when opening driver door

EB12

First Name
Elvir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Im getting a click coming from the driver door when opened more than half way. Ive had the door off maybe three times since ive owned the Jeep but since last time it seems to click once when being opened. The passenger door does not do this. Ive tried loosening and tightening the bolts.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so how did you fix it?
Sponsored

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
When you removed your doors did you push the door position stops all the way in?
Did you reinstall the door stop bolts when you put the doors back on?

First time I took the doors off that door position stop retracted in my door at an weird angle and would make a clicking sound after I reinstalled the doors.

Put the bolt back in and opened and closed the door a few times and clicking went away.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Tighten the door stop bolt problem should be solved, That bolt has a Tendency to loosen if not totally tight in the first place

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Has anyone found a fix for this yet? Just encountered this today.

Sponsored

chadc880

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
There is a big thread posted somewhere through here the problem is much more severe than it looks. The sub frame inside the door has come detached from the aluminum skin of the door itself. The only fix as of right now is they have to replace the entire door or doors and repaint

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
There is a big thread posted somewhere through here the problem is much more severe than it looks. The sub frame inside the door has come detached from the aluminum skin of the door itself. The only fix as of right now is they have to replace the entire door or doors and repaint
This is what I thought and what I was afraid of. Like a weld internal to the door breaking thus creating a clicking noise as that seam rubbed together.
Sponsored