Water streaming into cabin when opening door

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Here’s a quick video. It’s more than a dribble...it’s a straight up continuous stream of water and doesn’t stop.

It doesn’t originate from the side gutter. It comes from the front of the top where the windshield is. If you take the freedom tops off you’ll see all the built in water channels in the windshield corners. Problem is these are bone dry, so not sure what they are for...maybe the soft top.

Anyway, I siliconed my rain gutters and still get this everytime I step out of my Jeep when it’s raining. My wife hates it, but I just deal with it.

I wonder if the intent was for this water that collects on the roof to drain through those windshield channels.

Oh well, enjoy the video.
Sponsored

ThaThrill

First Name
Tha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara Unlimted
I’m so glad that I found this thread. I’m a new Jeep owner and my friends have not mentioned this problem. I thought I was the only one. My problem resembles the “waterfall” seen in both those YouTube videos. I don’t mind a little water but steady streams from both the driver and passenger sides is beyond annoying. Hopefully an after market fix comes soon. Would be nice if FCA finds a fix for us.

JBS

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Did I say it’s a joke? I said it’s a first world problem- which it is. I have the same issue with mine. But the big question is: so what? Live a little bit. There are bigger issues in the world than whether you get a bit wet getting into your Jeep.
What an absurd statement. Yes, there are more important things but I shelled out $50k for this truck (more than my previous BMW) and I work from my car so getting drenched and my customers getting drenched is not so funny. And, as previously stated, at this price point, one would expect minor design flaws to be a thing of the past. Plus, this is not the only issue/flaw with the new JL. If it was it might be easier to ignore but I am counting the issues with my 2018 JLUS on more than two hands and some of these flaws are more than irritating, they may be dangerous.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I have not had this problem with my hard top. I was expecting it to be a problem but so far nothing.

DCOURTS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S/1982 Porsche 911SC/1997 Toyota Land Cruiser
why so many little issues with these things??:(

Sponsored

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
A dab of silicone sealant, creats dam, prevents it. But it flows to the rear.

Face it. Design flaw.
That will be corrected mid cycle I’m sure as well as the front windshield defrost.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
a dab of black silicone the the ends of the gutters stopped my drip

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That will be corrected mid cycle I’m sure as well as the front windshield defrost.
Since the front defrost issue was also on the JK I don't think it will be fixed soon or ever.

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL, 2014 Mazda 6, 2010 Honda Odyssey, Yamaha FZ-09
I've been working on this idea for awhile now. Just started working in earnest this weekend. Many trial and errors, but so far it seems to work. This is still work in progress. I will try to do a how-to in the future if it holds up. I have high hopes.

dcno7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Bought a 2018 JLU SPORT, soft top in May 2018. I also have this issue with water streaming in when it rains or after the rain when I open either of the front doors.
If it isn’t raining I forget about it.
After reading some of the ideas, I am trying some duct compound or duct putty. I formed a small piece and molded it near the front in the channel on each side (just above the front doors).
We’re scheduled to have rain this week. I’ll report back.

Doug

Jimbo344

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Obviously a design flaw that should have been corrected from day one! There's enough of us ,why don't we just do a class action lawsuit?

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
- hot glue gun with the glue sticks
- filled in each end at the front
- drilled a tiny hole in the channel at the rear on each side
- No Drips or water streaming
Applied to HT/ST/Bestop Sunrider