Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Gov’t Contractor & Gym Rat
Sorry about this, OP!
This really does suck!
One of my favorite movies, Pulp Fiction, John Travolta says, “Don’t “F” with another man’s vehicle...”
This should be the golden rule...

BTW, my insurance co. sent out an email cautioning it’s customers to avoid placing insurance docs w/your name, address, phone number, etc., into ur glovebox, because jack asses are breaking into cars to steal your PII and using same to steal your identity. Keep a pic of ur auto docs on ur smart phone. To that I say, no smart phone (computer) is safe either? Still, makes some sense...
It’s an f’d up world we’re living in today.
Best of luck OP.

Cheers/B
Sponsored

OP
OP
jdegrave

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte, Pathfinder, JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Director Financial Systems Support & Governance
Sorry about this, OP!
This really does suck!
One of my favorite movies, Pulp Fiction, John Travolta says, “Don’t “F” with another man’s vehicle...”
This should be the golden rule...

BTW, my insurance co. sent out an email cautioning it’s customers to avoid placing insurance docs w/your name, address, phone number, etc., into ur glovebox, because jack asses are breaking into cars to steal your PII and using same to steal your identity. Keep a pic of ur auto docs on ur smart phone. To that I say, no smart phone (computer) is safe either? Still, makes some sense...
It’s an f’d up world we’re living in today.
Best of luck OP.

Cheers/B
I checked my digital cards and it doesn't look like any PII was on the card outside the policy number and the VINs for the vehicles that I own. That said, I don't know what information is on the registration and they took that as well. Going forward I'm just going to keep the digital insurance card but I don't know if it's legal in FL to drive without the physical registration card.

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLU
I would think you would need a paper copy if you ever got pulled over. Registration usually only has name and address.

Sucks about the break in. Just watched 2 guys break into a service van at our office, on the CCTV system, and steal about $4000 of tools. Unfortunately the led lights we have outside of the building washed out the license plate numbers so we can't see them on the video.

I'd like to find out who they are and do about $4000 of damage to their car and let them see how it feels.

WhiskeyChick24

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Great way to start a Monday! Woke up this morning to a message from my Guardian services that my Anti-theft alarm was activated at 1:17AM this morning. The scumbags ripped through the rear soft-top window and stole a number of pricey Tommy Bahama shirts that were going to the cleaners, 2 pairs of Maui Jim glasses, the toolkit for the hard top, my insurance card and registration and the owner's manual (who would want that?)! What's frustrating is I live in a gated apartment, with a security guard and the vehicle was on the 3rd floor of the garage so they had to walk up several flights of stairs - the police said they may actually live in the apartment.

tempImageSa4Sa3.jpg
tempImageRPQAc0.jpg
tempImage10Igc0.jpg
tempImage5EMJm4.jpg
Gotta be one of the top 5 worse things about a Wrangler. Sorry you had to experience that. With any luck there was a camera on the perps. If this is an apartment complex perhaps they can track them down. Good luck.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jdegrave

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OP
OP
jdegrave

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Didn't take the loctite or the tampon either!
Most likely a dude and didn't need them. They did take the Mojito! touch up paint that was in the glove box.

DudeBro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
May I recommend this?? I keep all my personal crap locked up in it and my doors unlocked. https://www.quadratec.com/p/tuffy/security-console-insert-jeep-wrangler-jl
Idk if I'd reccomend the Tuffy, I bought one after my break in and it was a total piece of crap. None of the holes even remotely lined up like it was designed wrong, it arrived dented and chipped to the point that I would have had to pound it back into shape with a hammer. The packaging was a joke. The quality just isn't what I remember with tuffy products. I had to return it and decided to bite the bullet and buy the diabolical slipstream. It's infinitely better than the tuffy and if you can get. a coupon code off their facebook it was only about $150 more than the tuffy.

DDXDesign

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUSS
I had something similar happen to my own Mojito a few weeks before I moved out of my apartment, but on mine they completely cut the tinted plastic out of one of the rear side windows to get access. Ah well, nothing of value taken and the replacement window was only about 180 bucks, right? Kids, man. Apparently, in my instance, it was a string of similar all over my immediate area, caused by bored freshly-quarantined teenagers. Hopefully your next home is all good!

Sponsored

DarkAardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2021 JLR
Crazy they couldn't just... unzip it...
I had my TJ broken into. They slashed my passenger side window (seriously, just unzip it), broke my locked glovebox open, and broke my locked center console open. The only thing I had in the glove box was an insurance card and some napkins. The only thing in my center console was a rusty screwdriver and they didn't even take that. At least take SOMETHING if you're going through the hassle!

Yeah, I hate people...

On the opposite side of the spectrum, I've left things in my doorless, windowless TJ in a sketch area and nobody touched it. I wonder if they thought it was a bait car? haha

JoeBelt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
If it’s an upscale community and rent is 4K a month, it’s highly unlikely the thief is a neighbor in your complex despite what the police said. At that income level, even if laid-off, if they were going to take up crime they’d aim higher than loose change and used clothing with no value.

I’m willing to bet there’s a lower income complex within walking distance. Or a Walmart. Gas stations are also magnets for sketchy people. Someone needed a quick $10.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I’m sorry about the beak-in.

I had my Liberty’s window smashed at the gym because I had my lunch on the passenger seat and I guess they were in the mood for some cottage cheese and fruit.

Thieves suck.

I’ve had convertibles before and have always kept my registration and insurance in the trunk. I keep it in the lower storage compartment in the back, velcroed to the cover.

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
I keep my registration and insurance in a little wallet in my front pocket. if I need to go to a sketchy area, I put a credit card and dummy papers along with a little cash in a normal wallet in my back pocket, if I get mugged, I figure they'll be happy to get that one...

OP
OP
jdegrave

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If it’s an upscale community and rent is 4K a month, it’s highly unlikely the thief is a neighbor in your complex despite what the police said. At that income level, even if laid-off, if they were going to take up crime they’d aim higher than loose change and used clothing with no value.

I’m willing to bet there’s a lower income complex within walking distance. Or a Walmart. Gas stations are also magnets for sketchy people. Someone needed a quick $10.
I don’t know what to think to be honest. What I can say is there are two doors to get off the floor where my Jeep was parked. One towards the street and one towards the actual apartments - they tossed some of my stuff on the apartment side. Who knows! Most likely will not catch the scumbag but I’m checking with mgt. again in the morning to see what they found on the cameras...
Sponsored