Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Hey guys,

I plan on ordering a 2019 Rubicon in a few months, and also plan on using it as a daily driver...

I do understand that Rubicon is made for off-roading, but do you guys think I can purchase "less" rugged tires and swap my Rubi tires out with them?
Sponsored

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Hey guys,

I plan on ordering a 2019 Rubicon in a few months, and also plan on using it as a daily driver...

I do understand that Rubicon is made for off-roading, but do you guys think I can purchase "less" rugged tires and swap my Rubi tires out with them?
There are better tires, but if you want a smoother ride...get a Sahara. Rubiconā€™s are more than tires, and those factors change dynamics. Iā€™m getting a JLUR because Iā€™ve always wanted one, if itā€™s ā€œrougherā€ on the road, it isnā€™t night and day...but it is apparent.

kylebw7

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery, 392 Daytona, JK
Modern all terrains do just fine on daily drivers. Cooper stt pros or whatever would probably be better than stock but the stock Rubicon tires won't cause you any problems on the road. These aren't the wild monster mudders of the past

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Hey guys,

Why are you buying a Rubicon? What is it offering you that a Sahara or a Sport with standard highway tires wonā€™t?

OP
OP

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
There are better tires, but if you want a smoother ride...get a Sahara. Rubiconā€™s are more than tires, and those factors change dynamics. Iā€™m getting a JLUR because Iā€™ve always wanted one, if itā€™s ā€œrougherā€ on the road, it isnā€™t night and day...but it is apparent.

Thanks for your input. I also always wanted a Rubicon....The aesthetics of the Rubicon, looks freaking amazing compared to Sahara, and all the other trims.....
At the end of the day, I'm driving a WRANGLER. And we all know it isn't a comfort car, or a sports sedan.

I'm just trying to change or reduce the bumpiness, to make it family friendly. I figured changing tires?

Sponsored

kylebw7

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery, 392 Daytona, JK
Why are you buying a Rubicon? What is it offering you that a Sahara or a Sport with standard highway tires wonā€™t?
Most people buy a Rubicon because it's a Rubicon...top of the line, off roading looks, etc etc. Vast majority of Rubicon buyers don't need one but in our world want reigns supreme over sticking to just what you need. Just like these people that mod the absolute hell out of their Jeeps and never take them off the pavement. My company has 10k+ employees and you see quite a few modded JKs (all Rubicons) that don't have a blemish to be found.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

It will be a fine daily driver with the tires it has. I drive mine every day with a larger version of the same tire. It is great!

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
Haha you sound like me when I was figuring out if I should get a Rubicon. Now all I worry about is when I can take the doors and top off next. Heh. Based on your last post, I say just do it and you will be all smiles. Once youā€™ve had it for a bit then youā€™ll know for sure what accessories to buy and what is or is not actually a concern for you.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Thanks for all your input, haha cause I was ready to blow 1k on new tires for comfort purposes...

But if ya'll all claim its going to drive just fine, then I guess nothing to worry about.

(Yes, i'll be one of those driving this car for pure looks, alpha, and aesthetics -- and dont plan to take it off road, hell i live in NYC)

Sunin-Retired

First Name
Sunin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Rubi on order, 2013 Prius c, 1999 10th Anniversary Miata
Hey guys,

I test drove both a Sahara and a rubicon and honestly they were very close in ride quality

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all your input, haha cause I was ready to blow 1k on new tires for comfort purposes...

But if ya'll all claim its going to drive just fine, then I guess nothing to worry about.

(Yes, i'll be one of those driving this car for pure looks, alpha, and aesthetics -- and dont plan to take it off road, hell i live in NYC)
Hey, nobody can judge. You can enjoy it for whatever reason makes you happy. It's a cool machine!

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
My JLUR is a daily driver and my kids LUV it. My wife & I drive into work together every day. Having said that, I do prefer my wifeā€™s Mercedes for long road trips though...hard to beat the ventilated seats & radar-enabled cruise control

P.S. Stock tires are great on road
Sponsored