upgraded suspension

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I have a stock 2018 JLU. Im not going to lift it but I did want to upgrade the suspension. I purchased a steer smart track bar and was wondering if I could purchase upgraded tie rod ends and drag links using the original equipment vs replacing the entire arms.
Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
What is it doing wrong in stock form? What limitations are you running into which leads you to believe you need to upgrade the suspension?

OP
OP
m3reno

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I drove my friends jeep which had the upgraded parts from steer smart and when I drove over some expansion joints the steering wheel felt much more solid than mine. I just want a solid feel, I don't have any issues but would like to have that quality feel.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I drove my friends jeep which had the upgraded parts from steer smart and when I drove over some expansion joints the steering wheel felt much more solid than mine. I just want a solid feel, I don't have any issues but would like to have that quality feel.
I don’t think you’ll get the same solid feel if you do just the ends. The aftermarket stuff is thicker steel and heavy duty compared to oem. That’s what makes it a more solid feel.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t think you’ll get the same solid feel if you do just the ends. The aftermarket stuff is thicker steel and heavy duty compared to oem. That’s what makes it a more solid feel.
+1 on this

OP
OP
m3reno

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Well I ordered the Teraflex track bar which matches my Tera flex stabilizer. I also order synergy drag link and tie rods . will have it all installed this coming Saturday. I'll post some pics and give a review if you'd like

HuckleMonster

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392, 2023 TRX
If you've looked under your jeep.... those stock suspension component are pretty beefy. Especially compared to the old TJ components that were stamped steel. Unless you are looking for some adjustability, you are wasting money IMO.

I have a hunch any solid feeling comparing one jeep with aftermarket items and one without, is psychological. Especially just going over bumps in the road.

Having said that, it's your jeep. Modify it up as you see fit, and post up some pics.

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
How will new track bar affect the ride or handling? I thought the only reason to replace the track bar is if you get a lift, you need the new track bar to center to tires. If you don’t do a lift, why replace the track bar?

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
How will new track bar affect the ride or handling? I thought the only reason to replace the track bar is if you get a lift, you need the new track bar to center to tires. If you don’t do a lift, why replace the track bar?
Because the stock one flexes a considerable amount and the aftermarket ones flex way less. Is it worth doing? Each individual will have their own opinion

Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Like @MarkY3130 said, the factory track bar is soft and flexes while you're driving. This leads to less than predictable steering response, and wandering. It is amplified by the weight and added grip of larger tires. An aftermarket track bar should be much more solid and have far less distortion than the stock one. Stock is thin walled tubing with swaged ends.

HuckleMonster

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392, 2023 TRX
Like @MarkY3130 said, the factory track bar is soft and flexes while you're driving. This leads to less than predictable steering response, and wandering. It is amplified by the weight and added grip of larger tires. An aftermarket track bar should be much more solid and have far less distortion than the stock one. Stock is thin walled tubing with swaged ends.
That's pretty funny...
Sponsored