UConnect Updates

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
The only thing I like about the stock navigation is the turn-by-turn directions on the instrument panel and the look of the maps when coming to an intersection. Reminds me of the old Garmins. Google maps on CarPlay is my go-to though.
Most auto manf will have the in dash turn with Car Play and Android Auto incorporated soon
Sponsored

18BlackJLRU

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4XE Rubicon
I had my radio replaced on Monday and Iā€™m back to an older Uconnect version.

Being in Canada, on my former radio I was at the latest version after the second OTA update (i.e. IR21.10 to JR34.5 and to KR39.6).

The latest version was great as It fixed my rear camera and GPS coordinates were back on the ORP.

My dealer tried to install the latest version without success. He tried to go straight to KR39.6 and got the error 20 (TSB was saying not to go straight to this version). He tried the JR34.5 and still got the error 20. They left as is since the radio is working.

They told me that I should receive the OTA updates which should bring my replacement radio to the latest version.

Iā€™m not convinced that I will get the JR34.5 and KR39.6 OTA updates has the Uconnect data base probably think that I have the latest software version according to my VIN.

I tried calling Unconnect, although I felt the lady had the info, she transferred me to FCA Canada which has a generic help desk that does not only support Unconnect as in the USA. The guy was very nice and helpful but did not have the answer to my question. He even took the time to call my dealer service director.

Does any one know if I will be receiving new OTA updates for the replacement radio, or will I need to have the dealer perform the updates (probably with a 2nd replacement radio).

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Iā€™m not convinced that I will get the JR34.5 and KR39.6 OTA updates has the Uconnect data base probably think that I have the latest software version according to my VIN.
I have the same concern. My radio was replaced, too.

@JeepCares? When a head unit is replaced under warranty, does the update service know?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have the same concern. My radio was replaced, too.

@JeepCares? When a head unit is replaced under warranty, does the update service know?
Hi there,

Thanks for tagging us directly and bringing this to our attention. Your VIN is your Vehicle Identification Number. Software updates are applied to the infotainment system, itself, not the overall VIN (per se). To check the software/application version that your Uconnect system is currently equipped with, simultaneously press and hold hard buttons:
Driver Up Temp
Driver Down Temp
Front Defrost

If you're experiencing concerns with your Uconnect system lately and you'd like us to look into it for you, don't hesitate to let us know! We'd be more than happy to.

I hope this helps answer your question.

Courtney
Jeep Cares

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi, thanks for replying, but this doesnā€™t answer the question.

We know FOTA is batched and pushed by VIN. My original radio had version X. My warranty replacement came with version Y. Does the update system know I have a new radio with a new version?

When I go to https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html and enter my VIN, it shows ā€œupdate availableā€ and the version shown is *much* older than the version I have.

Sponsored

HuseinSilmi

First Name
Husein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018
Occupation
Project Manager
If you're experiencing concerns with your Uconnect system lately and you'd like us to look into it for you, don't hesitate to let us know! We'd be more than happy to.

Courtney
Jeep Cares
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

HuseinSilmi

First Name
Husein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018
Occupation
Project Manager

We know FOTA is batched and pushed by VIN. My original radio had version X. My warranty replacement came with version Y. Does the update system know I have a new radio with a new version?

When I go to https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html and enter my VIN, it shows ā€œupdate availableā€ and the version shown is *much* older than the version I have.
As I said before, I do not know who is more lost Uconnect or JeepCares.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL UConnect Updates 06ECD913-B9D8-4DBE-9E8A-D9ED6668C6EA

Are you kidding? How lucky is that? I turned the Jeep on this morning and it says, an update has been completed!
Did you "schedule" it? Or is Jeep "pushing" these updates now?

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
As I said before, I do not know who is more lost Uconnect or JeepCares.
Not sure lambasting Jeep or @JeepCares is fair.

If anyone deserves it, it's the group/team that handles deployment of the updates.

Modern software distribution methods support resumable downloads.

Where the software "trickles" down, and eventually is fully downloaded.

If that route is possible, I'd be shocked if the group/team doesn't know/implement it.

Sponsored

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Wrangler JL UConnect Updates 06ECD913-B9D8-4DBE-9E8A-D9ED6668C6EA

Are you kidding? How lucky is that? I turned the Jeep on this morning and it says, an update has been completed!
You have the exact same as mine now! I'm pleased to report that I haven't had a single issue since the update a couple weeks ago. Although, mine was working good before too.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

When your radio is replaced, the update system does not automatically signal to let the systems know whether or not your radio software is out-of-date. Your dealer should update this information accordingly. Since your vehicle needs to have enough connection for it to search for updates, you may not be notified right away.

As stated before, if you're noticing odd behaviors or would simply like to know if there's a software update for your vehicle, our team can look into it for you.

Courtney
Jeep Cares

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ
If knowing where to download USA-ASO-8.4-QR-39.62.0-20210504-QFRM flash file, please PM link. I would really appreciate it.

I have a refurb 8.4 with USA-ASO-8.4-QR-37.4.020200715-Q0F1

abutterman1

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
I wish my 18 JL would update over the air EVER. I manually updated in 2019 to UCONNECT_8.4_IR21.10_MY18JL_VP4R_USA which the software update page still tells me is available as the latest update for my VIN. The software was updated once more after that by the dealer maybe a year or so ago. I have yet to receive any further updates. Same as above, if anyone happens to have a way of getting the latest update file without it spending more time at the dealer, please let me know!

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If knowing where to download USA-ASO-8.4-QR-39.62.0-20210504-QFRM flash file, please PM link. I would really appreciate it.

I have a refurb 8.4 with USA-ASO-8.4-QR-37.4.020200715-Q0F1
I wouldnā€™t try that. Too high a likelihood of ā€œerror code 20,ā€ and then you have to explain what you did. Better to have your dealer do it. Here is the TSB. If you have the missing backup lines and random reboots, they really canā€™t say no.

EE7E4254-4348-496F-8C17-6C6662B4BABA.png
Sponsored