rubical

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2018 Ocean Blue
I have not done the recline mod.
This only about 1" between the seat back and the top of the enclosure.

15283325059362733536583359251442.jpg
Oh nice, looks good! Hmmm. What’s the measurement from the edge of the enclosure you have pictured to the edge of the rear door? I have already installed the recline kit so I’m curious to see what it is. From the back seat to the edge of the door with the kit in my JLUR it’s about a little less than 29.5 inches. Thanks again for you help!

F839392A-952B-45D3-9A8A-67E350AD27D8.jpeg
Sponsored

cdrober

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR Ordered
Thanks for the photos and everything you guys. Mine just got delivered, but returning it until they engineer a way out of the box for it to work with the upgraded sub (no issue since my 2.0T order is delayed anyways). Really easy to work with Tuffy and no issue with them taking it back as a return, definitely will order one later for the upgraded sub!

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top
Mine arrived today, and while I'm tempted to try and mod it myself, or take it to a metal shop, I've decided to return it instead. Hopefully the sub compatible version will be released before too long. Yargh.

Tragdor

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
So I got mine in and really am satisfied, but it took my son and I forever to get the lid to slide into the track in which it sits! I’m curious if anyone else experienced the same issue.

Sponsored

J&L'sJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Oh nice, looks good! Hmmm. What’s the measurement from the edge of the enclosure you have pictured to the edge of the rear door? I have already installed the recline kit so I’m curious to see what it is. From the back seat to the edge of the door with the kit in my JLUR it’s about a little less than 29.5 inches. Thanks again for you help!

F839392A-952B-45D3-9A8A-67E350AD27D8.jpeg
20180607_214832.jpg

30-3/8" measuring from the lip of the tailgate, level with the sport bar trim, to the seat back.

J&L'sJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
So I got mine in and really am satisfied, but it took my son and I forever to get the lid to slide into the track in which it sits! I’m curious if anyone else experienced the same issue.
The roller guide is very tight to insert into the front track and took some force. In my opinion I think being tighter will be better and less likely to rattle.

NOVAJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WK2 Trailhawk and ordered 2018 JLUR
Mine arrived today, and while I'm tempted to try and mod it myself, or take it to a metal shop, I've decided to return it instead. Hopefully the sub compatible version will be released before too long. Yargh.
Contact Tuffy. I have the same kit. They called me to let me know the subwoofer modded panel has been tested and is now being built. They hope to ship in the next two weeks. They will ship out just this panel to make the existing kit compatible with the sub.

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top
Contact Tuffy. I have the same kit. They called me to let me know the subwoofer modded panel has been tested and is now being built. They hope to ship in the next two weeks. They will ship out just this panel to make the existing kit compatible with the sub.
Awesome, that makes more sense than shipping everything back.

aqualung

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep JKU
Got an email from Quadratec asking for a callback on my order. They wanted to make sure I didn’t have a JL with a subwoofer. Great recovery and service as always from a Qtec. Thanks guys!!

Sponsored

swmartin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I have the Alpine group and asked the same question when I ordered it. It will be enclosed in the box. I'm assuming it will be muffled and won't work as well when the box is in. I'll update you when it gets delivered early June.
A bit broken-hearted at the moment. Got my security deck in and started the installation. It is NOT fitting around the sub-woofer at all (the sub-woofer in my Sahara sticks out too far). On top of that, it doesn't even open up for the sub-woofer, so even if the plating was bent around to accommodate the sub, the plate would be flat against the sub. Last I checked, that's not healthy for a sub at all.

My only option now is to return it (yuk) or cut a hole to accommodate the sub. Which I will likely end up doing. But I consider that...
(are you waiting for it?)
(still here?)
sub-optimal :cwl:

(I really am unhappy though, and I'm waiting for the Tuffy people to respond - left them a nice email asking "What next?")

IMG_3879.jpg
i got an email last week after mine shipped letting me know they made a mistake and the side panels don’t fit with the subwoofer. Their engineers are working on new panels and hopefully should have more information by end of this week. They will ship the modified panel to go with the original kit. So no need to return the whole thing.

When I ordered mine they did not have the product notes saying it doesn’t fit with the alpine system. I’m assuming they added it in the past week or two. I’ll update the page when I hear back.

Last edited:

aqualung

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep JKU
Mine shipped from Tuffy yesterday. That’s great they are shipping panels soon to those with subs. Great customer service and retention. I hope they come out with an underseat drawer like I had in my JK. Idk it’s pretty tight under the seats.

stolleee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited, 1970 Toyota FJ40, 2017 MB GLC300, 2017 Impreza Subaru
I am opting for something a little different. I have been working with the people at truck vault to get something made for my JLU Sahara. My logic is instead of piecing together something I would just have it built my way.

I want something that is bullet proof with no gaps for people to try and pull back or stick their arm through as well as some method of organization. This will also lift up hinged at the back so you can still access your cargo storage area and/or jack. I am going to use it to store my tools that I usually keep in a tool bag in the rear area and always worry about as well as a few class 3 weapons.
Capture.JPG

ULTRA JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon - Billet Silver
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I am opting for something a little different. I have been working with the people at truck vault to get something made for my JLU Sahara. My logic is instead of piecing together something I would just have it built my way.

I want something that is bullet proof with no gaps for people to try and pull back or stick their arm through as well as some method of organization. This will also lift up hinged at the back so you can still access your cargo storage area and/or jack. I am going to use it to store my tools that I usually keep in a tool bag in the rear area and always worry about as well as a few class 3 weapons.
Capture.JPG
Nice option. Have they quoted you a price yet? Thanks

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top
Unfortunately, they weren't able to find a 1-panel-replacement mod to make the deck fit with the alpine sub. They are re-engineering the deck, and they hope to have a alpine-compatible version available in 4-6 weeks.
Sponsored