www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Nice Jeep! I'm partial to red. :) What's the scoop on the license plate bracket? I might end up doing that. Got a link or did I miss it in your post?

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
great job. really a nice build. love those kind of clean build. so you put the 35 on the OEM rims? no issues? and what about the width? still inside de fenders or is not is it a big gap ?
No issues with the wider tire on the rims. My tire guy thinks its a great fit and will hold in snug when lowering the PSI.

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Bob: Please tell us more about this cross member product on the Gobi rack, pointed to with arrows in the picture that follows of your rig. Thanks.

rails.jpg
The gobi rack comes with two cross members - right now I have the Yakima Racks ski rack on those cross members. Thats what you see in the picture. When summer comes it will probably be the yakima canoe holder thats on most of the time.

Sponsored

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
With a Rubi and the lift, you should definitely look into front lower control arms and front track bar to fix steering geometry before you have issues.
Steer smarts track bar was just delivered and going on tomorrow! I will have to look into the front lower control arms! Thanks!

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Nice Jeep! I'm partial to red. :) What's the scoop on the license plate bracket? I might end up doing that. Got a link or did I miss it in your post?
It is the Tuffy Flip up bracket. I like it except occ it it gets in way when winching. I might try one that mounts under but then I don't know if it will just get ripped off???

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Do you get any whistling with the gobi rack and the 50" light bar?
I was from 40-55 mph. Then I put some truck door stripping on the back of the light bar and it’s 100% gone.

None from the Gobi Rack. It was just the light bar. The Gobi Rack adds a little wind noise but I don’t notice it anymore.

Sponsored

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

here you go
IMG_1277.JPEG

IMG_1278.JPEG
That is a good looking build. I like the rear bumper, but can’t find much info about it yet on the web. Are the receiver and electrical connections part of the existing tow package or part of the bumper? I have the tow package, so just wondering if they work together.

It looks like you have good clearance under the spare. I assume the spare tire is using the standard mounts (no relocator)?

Thanks.

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
That is a good looking build. I like the rear bumper, but can’t find much info about it yet on the web. Are the receiver and electrical connections part of the existing tow package or part of the bumper? I have the tow package, so just wondering if they work together.

It looks like you have good clearance under the spare. I assume the spare tire is using the standard mounts (no relocator)?

Thanks.
It's all part of the tow package. Fits right in with the receiver no prob. Right now there is no tire relocation or anything. That is all stock. I do however have Warn's tire carrier coming as I now have 35" tires. The tire carrier and bumper can hold up to 37's. I will post pictures once that is here.

ATXMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sport S, Red Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Great looking build. Thanks for sharing. Do you have any problems with the 35 spare mounted to the tailgate without adding any extra support? Any noise or bending of the tailgate? Thanks! About to go 35s myself.

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Great looking build. Thanks for sharing. Do you have any problems with the 35 spare mounted to the tailgate without adding any extra support? Any noise or bending of the tailgate? Thanks! About to go 35s myself.
I have the stock 33 on the tailgate waiting for the Warn bumper tire carrier. I will put the 35 on once the tire carrier arrives.
Compare the weight of the tire and the stock tire - tires really range.
Sponsored