First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_1225.jpeg

The Trail Hunter was built to find and conquer the trails of the PNW. She's not a designated rock crawler, she's not a designated long trip overland; she does it all. She tackles the back country roads, rough green dot roads, scramble up rocks, chase deer, and haul family and camper trailer to base camps. She's is a Rubicon purchased from Dave Smith in Idaho. The Trail Hunter's mods to help her conquer the PNW trails include:

2" Mopar Lift with Fox Shocks
Teraflex Next 2.2 Steering Stabilizer
35X12.5r17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Warn Elite front bumper
Warn Zeon 10s winch
Warn elite rear bumper
Gobi Stealth Rack
KC 50" Light Bar
KC Scene lights - 4 pods
JL Tazer
Mopar All Weather Floor Mats
Mopar Grab Handles
Dometic 35W Fridge
ARB Twin Compressor with tank in suitcase

Im feeling really happy with the build right now and don't have any more mods planned in the immediate future but I am sure I will get some ideas down the road.

IMG_1175.JPG

snow.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

mrbufton

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur,2006 power wagon
Do you have a picture of the Warn rear bumper. I've been trying to find some info on this set of bumpers

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a picture of the Warn rear bumper. I've been trying to find some info on this set of bumpers
D00E7F90-3B51-46A3-B739-7734D771D172.jpeg

I’ll get some more pictures soon. I got it in early and am waiting for the tire carrier. The bumper itself is awesome. Low profile and super strong.

mrbufton

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur,2006 power wagon
D00E7F90-3B51-46A3-B739-7734D771D172.jpeg

I’ll get some more pictures soon. I got it in early and am waiting for the tire carrier. The bumper itself is awesome. Low profile and super strong.
If you could I'd like to see a side shot.
thanks it looks good

Sponsored

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
That is exactly what I was looking for thanks
You bet. I was kind of nervous because I bought the Gobi Rack first and then realized they might not be compatible but they are- perfect fit.

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat CC - Volvo XC70 - Ducati Monster 900 carbs - Ducati Hypermotard - Ducati Panigale -
Occupation
self employed
great job. really a nice build. love those kind of clean build. so you put the 35 on the OEM rims? no issues? and what about the width? still inside de fenders or is not is it a big gap ?

Sponsored

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Bob: Please tell us more about this cross member product on the Gobi rack, pointed to with arrows in the picture that follows of your rig. Thanks.

rails.jpg

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
With a Rubi and the lift, you should definitely look into front lower control arms and front track bar to fix steering geometry before you have issues.

aprevite

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
With a Rubi and the lift, you should definitely look into front lower control arms and front track bar to fix steering geometry before you have issues.
I am new to the idea of lift kits. Why would you need front lower control arms? Doesn't the Mopar lift come with front lower control arms?

What would be ones that are better for the Mopar lift/rubicon combination?

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
I am new to the idea of lift kits. Why would you need front lower control arms? Doesn't the Mopar lift come with front lower control arms?

What would be ones that are better for the Mopar lift/rubicon combination?
Search for Caster in any steering thread on here, ;). The ones that come with the lift, really aren't long enough to provide proper Caster to enable the Jeep to drive a straight line with less effort, basically less wandering and thus less constant correction. Actually, many say the stock arms on an unlifted Rubicon are too short from the factory. They are the same length as the Sahara and Sport, but the Rubi comes stock with more lift, and thus with the same length arms don't provide proper Caster on Rubicon's. Some use the arms from the Mopar lift, to fix the Caster on unlifted Rubicon's. Lifted Ruicons then, would need longer ones than the Mopar arms that come with the lift. Hope that makes sense. Lots of companies provide alternative ones, MetalCloak, TeraFlex, RK, and more.
Sponsored