First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
LOL...that's awesome, Josh!

But watch out, Dad. Little girls grow up and they learn things, especially from their parents. The are able to put together schemes and plans, then execute them.

You may be on the receiving end of some of those "humiliating" moments as well. :LOL:
I'm counting on it, believe me :blush:
Make sure to save the pictures for a slide show at her wedding hahah

I got all sorts of embarrassing pictures from my in-laws of my wife when she was growing up and I surprised her with a cool slide show during dinner, our lives, up until now. It was pretty cool and we had some good laughs.
That's a great idea!
Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailSnail

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Josh's low-effort Ford Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch Review:

My dad ordered this Bronco in April and got it much sooner than many others who have been waiting, but he did have to fly out to St. Louis to pick it up and drive it back to Phoenix. Here's my honest review after spending a full day with it...

Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211113_161218

First, the good:

The frameless doors are cool, and despite being huge, I do like the design. I don't hit my elbow on the back of the window frame as I do with my Wrangler, and they just have that cool half-door feel. However, rolling the windows down at highway speeds makes the glass wobble and flex to the extent that it's amazing they don't explode and kill you, so I only recommend low-speed window rolling.

It drives like a Ford truck, so if you ever thought bringing the USS Constitution into port sounded like a great driving experience, this has your name written all over it... however, the short wheelbase does take some of the fun out of the "large aquatic vessel" vibes in parking lots.

Off-road visibility? Nah, you don't need that. Feeling like you're driving a tank? Yeah, that's what's important.

I personally love the "Freshly Poured Pint of Blue Moon" paint color, complete with numerous defects from debris under the paint to premature chipping that adds to the bubbly beverage effect. The hood is also on crooked which gives it a modern funky craft beer feel.

The turbo inlet hose blew off on the highway, sending it into limp mode, adding to the excitement of new vehicle ownership.

The impressive 14.5 MPG combined fuel economy is welcome now more than ever, as prices for premium soar to well over $4/gallon in our area.

If you were always a huge fan of mom's Tupperware, you're going to love this interior! The back seat is like being in a luxurious garden tub going down the street, and the absolutely massive touch screen really emphasizes the low resolution of all four cameras that would've been considered substandard in 2015. The massive, commanding appearance means it's going to get allllllll the pinstripes for maximum street cred.

Now for the bad:

The tires have a slight hum.

We don't yet know if the roof is going to leak or not.

It's difficult for anyone over the age of 8 to get in or out of the back seat.

The entire engine compartment looks like a high school auto tech class routed the hoses and wiring.

It attracts a lot of attention from Ford guys and soccer moms alike, which is more irritating than a bad case of jock itch.

Stay tuned for more updates!

Last edited:

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Josh's low-effort Ford Bronco Wildtrack Sasquatch Review:

Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211113_161218

I got to take this bad boy for an entire afternoon. My dad ordered it and waited something like 8 months for it to arrive, finally coming in last week.

First, the good: It drives like a Ford truck, so if you ever thought bringing the USS Constitution into port sounded like a great driving experience, this has your name all over it... although the short wheelbase does take some of the fun out of the "large aquatic vessel" vibes. Off-road visibility? Nah, you don't need that. Feeling like you're driving a tank? Yeah, that's what's important. I especially like the "Blue Moon beer" paint color, complete with numerous defects from debris under the paint to premature chipping. The hood is on crooked which gives it a modern funky feel, and the turbo inlet hose blew off on the highway sending it into limp mode, adding to the excitement. The impressive 14.5 MPG combined fuel economy is so welcome now more than ever, as prices for premium soar to well over $4/gallon. If you were always a huge fan of mom's Tupperware, you're going to love this interior! The back seat is like being in a luxurious garden tub going down the street, and the absolutely massive touch screen really emphasizes the low resolution of all four cameras that would've been considered substandard in 2015. The massive, commanding appearance means it's going to get allllllll the pinstripes for maximum street cred.

Now for the bad: The tires have a slight hum and we don't yet know if the roof is going to leak. It's also difficult for anyone over the age of 8 to get in or out of the back seat. The entire engine compartment looks like a high school auto tech class routed the hoses and wiring.
Wow Josh, reading your review after some seat time in the new Bronco made me laugh! Mark you down as unimpressed.

I watched the review Dennis (TeraFlex) did driving theirs from Texas to Utah. I came away feeling that this is a cool new truck, but not really a true competitor to the Wrangler. I did a photoshoot for a client that had us inside Ford's prototype development center. Very cool to see the Bronco up close and having first hand experience with trying to enter the back seat had me asking, "who designed this". From a pure aesthetics perspective, if I were to build a Bronco (for say my wife), I'd do the 2-door simply because the proportions are closer to the original.

Keep the great posts coming Amigo :like:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HJ5REOo6XbFuakJem6TTw

-Steven

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
I liked the Bronco. I drove a 4door Badlands and considered ordering one. However, waiting a year to get it wasn't what I was looking for so I ordered a Jeep. Bronco is super comfortable to drive compared to a Wrangler. My decision was based on wait time for a Wrangler being significantly less. Also, the JLUR 2.0 was slightly less expensive than the Badlands I wanted.

OP
OP
TrailSnail

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I will have a chance to get it dirty soon, possibly this weekend. On the street, even being a long-time IFS truck guy I strongly prefer how the Wrangler drives despite the inherent squirreliness of SFA. Just a matter of preference, but I to me the Jeep feels more nimble and over-the-front visibility is just fantastic.

One thing is for certain... without actually being much bigger, the Bronco makes you feel like you're driving a huge vehicle by design. From the shape of the hood and those tiedowns sticking up in the front, to the tall seating position and wide-open feel from the frameless doors, it makes my Jeep feel tiny despite only being a 2-door and both being on 35s. I understand the appeal of that sensation, but I hope Jeep doesn't start plus-sizing the Wrangler in response. Maybe FCA will offer a "Wrangler L" or something as they do with the Grand Cherokee, or an entirely different model to offer the same kind of feel without jacking up what people have always loved about the Wrangler kind of like what they do with the Ram 1500 and 1500 Classic. I'm probably in the extreme minority of people who have a great disdain for CAFE and how it's incentivized the bloating of modern vehicles, but a Jeep is a Jeep and I hope it stays that way.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailSnail

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Making DIY quick disconnects... kiddo wanted to help and take pictures. Got one done but burned out TWO titanium Milwaukee driver bits on the 2nd. :facepalm:

To be continued...

Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS IMG_20211118_195055

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
The Trail Snail is my 2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Sport S. It's equipped with the non-eTorque 2.0L Turbo, Tech Package, Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Groups which give it the D44 LSD rear end, aux switches and other goodies.

Brand New - Taken a few hours after purchase:

Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211121_120234

Phase 1 - Some armor, ditch lights & storage improvements:

Jeep Wrangler JL The Trail Snail: Stock Height Sport on 35s - Mod & Trip Log + BS 20211121_120234

Phase 2 - Chopped & gutted fenders, some Rubicon parts, even more armor & lights:

Phase 3 - Even more armor, 35s, plus camping & recovery items:

Mod List
Mechanical:

- DynoMax Muffler Delete
- Holley Intech CAI
- Progressive Bump Stops
- Rubicon Shocks
- DIY Quick Disconnects

Lighting:
- FireHawk LED Headlights
- Diode Dynamics SS3 Amber SAE Fogs
- 2x Front-Facing + 2x Rear-Facing AuxBeam LED Pods
- Oracle Cargo Hatch Light Bar
- LED Plate Light
- LED Front Turn Signals & Clearance Lights

Wheels & Tires:
- Kenda Klever R/T KR601 35x10.50R17
- RockTrix RT116 17x9" -12/4.5"
- RockTrix Tire Repair Kit
- Valve-Loc Caps
- Gorilla Spline DT Black Lug Nuts
- HF150 Compressor

Body, Armor & Recovery:
- Rugged Ridge Arcus Front Bumper
- Rugged Ridge RRC Rock Sliders
- Rugged Ridge Rear Frame-Mounted Light Brackets
- EAG Ditch Light Brackets
- EAG Tailgate Table
- Cav Fab Micro Rear Bumper
- Trailer Plug Relocation
- Gutted & Chopped Sport Flares
- Paramount Front & Rear Inner Fender Liners
- Rancho Front & Rear Diff Glide Plates
- 3/4" Shackles w/ Isolators
- Rock Hard Front & Rear LCA Skids
- Energy Suspension Tailgate Tire Bumpers
- License Plate Relocation
- Recovery Gear, Mounted Shovel & Extinguisher, Traction Boards, Mopar Jack Base Extension
- 5 Gallon Midwest Jerry Can w/ Upgraded Spout
- Mounted Medical & Hygene Kits

Miscellaneous:
- 23qt Refrigerator, 150W USB Adapter & 3-Way 12v Splitter
- Sport Bar Hammocks
- RAM Dash Mounts: Phone, Camera, & HAM/GMRS
- GPCA Tie Down Anchors
- Lock & Latch Covers, Decals, Cupholder Inserts & "Easter Eggs"
- Antenna Blackout
- Scuff Plates
- Interior Storage Pockets, QuickFist Clamps, MOLLE Pouches, etc.
- Koverz Padded Neoprene Console Cover
- Matching Ceramic Tint
- Mopar Slush Mats

Planned Mods
- Diver Down Neoprene Seat Covers
- ASFIR Aluminum Engine, Trans & Transfer Case Skids
- Quadratec Stealth 10k Synthetic Winch
- Quadratec Super Tweeters x4
- Fox JK ATS Steering Stabilizer w/ 1-5/8" Bracket & Synergy Bolt
- Sleeping Platform
- Tailgate Reinforcement
- Rhino Rack Roof Bars
- Waterport GoSpout
- Coverking Headliner
- 2.5" JKS J-Konnect w/ Fox 2.0s & HD Coils
- BFG T/A KO2 LT315/70R17/C
- 4.56 Re-Gear
- Superchips Tune
- ESS & 2nd Battery Delete
did you ever do the jks konnect lift? I'm looking at it now :D

OP
OP
TrailSnail

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
did you ever do the jks konnect lift? I'm looking at it now :D
Nope, I'm dragging my belly across the entire Southwest and it'll stay that way for a while because I'm actually loving the low COG life. There are very few sections I've encountered which I haven't been able to do, and they were gnarly. Meanwhile, road manners are fantastic, I don't currently need to run a front sway bar at all, MPGs aren't half bad considering it's a brick on 35s, it's easy to get the fam in and out, etc. etc.

Trojan_Actual

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Occupation
Retired Military
The Trail Snail is my 2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Sport S. It's equipped with the non-eTorque 2.0L Turbo, Tech Package, Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Groups which give it the D44 LSD rear end, aux switches and other goodies.

Brand New - Taken a few hours after purchase:

Phase 1 - Some armor, ditch lights & storage improvements:

Phase 2 - Chopped & gutted fenders, some Rubicon parts, even more armor & lights:

Phase 3 - Even more armor, 35s, plus camping & recovery items:

Mod List
Mechanical:

- DynoMax Muffler Delete
- Holley Intech CAI
- Progressive Bump Stops
- Rubicon Shocks
- DIY Quick Disconnects

Lighting:
- FireHawk LED Headlights
- Diode Dynamics SS3 Amber SAE Fogs
- 2x Front-Facing + 2x Rear-Facing AuxBeam LED Pods
- Oracle Cargo Hatch Light Bar
- LED Plate Light
- LED Front Turn Signals & Clearance Lights

Wheels & Tires:
- Kenda Klever R/T KR601 35x10.50R17
- RockTrix RT116 17x9" -12/4.5"
- RockTrix Tire Repair Kit
- Valve-Loc Caps
- Gorilla Spline DT Black Lug Nuts
- HF150 Compressor

Body, Armor & Recovery:
- Rugged Ridge Arcus Front Bumper
- Rugged Ridge RRC Rock Sliders
- Rugged Ridge Rear Frame-Mounted Light Brackets
- EAG Ditch Light Brackets
- EAG Tailgate Table
- Cav Fab Micro Rear Bumper
- Trailer Plug Relocation
- Gutted & Chopped Sport Flares
- Paramount Front & Rear Inner Fender Liners
- Rancho Front & Rear Diff Glide Plates
- 3/4" Shackles w/ Isolators
- Rock Hard Front & Rear LCA Skids
- Energy Suspension Tailgate Tire Bumpers
- License Plate Relocation
- Recovery Gear, Mounted Shovel & Extinguisher, Traction Boards, Mopar Jack Base Extension
- 5 Gallon Midwest Jerry Can w/ Upgraded Spout
- Mounted Medical & Hygene Kits

Miscellaneous:
- 23qt Refrigerator, 150W USB Adapter & 3-Way 12v Splitter
- Sport Bar Hammocks
- RAM Dash Mounts: Phone, Camera, & HAM/GMRS
- GPCA Tie Down Anchors
- Lock & Latch Covers, Decals, Cupholder Inserts & "Easter Eggs"
- Antenna Blackout
- Scuff Plates
- Interior Storage Pockets, QuickFist Clamps, MOLLE Pouches, etc.
- Koverz Padded Neoprene Console Cover
- Matching Ceramic Tint
- Mopar Slush Mats

Planned Mods
- Diver Down Neoprene Seat Covers
- ASFIR Aluminum Engine, Trans & Transfer Case Skids
- Quadratec Stealth 10k Synthetic Winch
- Quadratec Super Tweeters x4
- Fox JK ATS Steering Stabilizer w/ 1-5/8" Bracket & Synergy Bolt
- Sleeping Platform
- Tailgate Reinforcement
- Rhino Rack Roof Bars
- Waterport GoSpout
- Coverking Headliner
- 2.5" JKS J-Konnect w/ Fox 2.0s & HD Coils
- BFG T/A KO2 LT315/70R17/C
- 4.56 Re-Gear
- Superchips Tune
- ESS & 2nd Battery Delete
No rubbing with the 35s on stock suspension?
Sponsored