First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I’m looking at getting a front and rear to re-center the axles after a small bump in height. What makes a good, strong enough reliable, and low maintenance track bar? Do you need the biggest baddest for mild to moderate trails?

Still learning. Thanks
Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
You want one that will clear your setup, is long enough for your lift and has a proven joint design. When looking at them be aware that several will require opening the lower mount on the front to clear the joint. I have Core 4x4 Tier 3 because they match my control arms, RK, MetalCloak, Currie and Clayton have nice beefy track bars without being stupidly over built like the one named for a cooler.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
They all do the same thing. 99% of their claims are a marketing ploy. As long as it is adjustable and has good joints. Buy what you want. Some will have a clearance issue if you add big Dif covers.

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Right now I have a Motobilt diff cover to put on this M186 just to try to make sure the gear oil stays where it belongs.

Is it ok quality-wise for the track bar to be adjustable without removing it for the mild to moderate trails were wanting to do? Is it even a factor?

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Right now I have a Motobilt diff cover to put on this M186 just to try to make sure the gear oil stays where it belongs.

Is it ok quality-wise for the track bar to be adjustable without removing it for the mild to moderate trails were wanting to do? Is it even a factor?
I'll take heat for this(don't care thick skin) but I personally don't think those are as stout. Some look especially flimsy except for the over hyped mythical mountain creature one.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Great advise from redundant and wilbornz, I’ll add .02 . All aftermarket track bars are good, especially compared to oem. If you want to go economically, I can attest to RC track bar being well built and weighs about 16 lbs. When I got my rig, I was waiting for RK to put out their kit for JL platform so I put on the Mopar lift. Needing to fix geometry because of over 3” of lift I bought the cheapest knowing I was switching to RK.
Not a fan of RC , I was surprised how well built the track bar and lcas were. They served me well and now still going strong on a buddy’s Sahara. One other thing , if you have or plan on getting the synergy track bar /sector shaft brace, then the teraflex tb will need a little grinding to fit.

LostAggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I went with Steersmarts. They are very stout pieces of equipment. And the support is second to none. I am an amateur mechanic at best and multiple FaceTime calls and messages helped me with a great end results. Something to be said about that!!!
Sponsored