First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S / GMC 1500AT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Actually- here's another fun question @Roky :
I've never had a Jeep with TPMS before.
Say I buy my wheels on eBay, and order my tires from Discount Tire Direct.
How do I get them mounted with TPMS sensors at a tire shop? Do i have to buy another set of those as well if I'm not de-mounting the old ones?

thanks again and sorry to bother.
Hey Scott. I know you weren’t asking me but though I would stick my nose in if you don’t mind. Find your best deal on DT1s and tires and then take that to your local Discount Tire shop. They will price match. Cheapest I found on DT-1s and 37 Nitto RGs at the time I bought was CustomOffsets online. Called local DT shop and they matched over the phone and ordered for me. They transferred my TPMS and mounted/balanced and matched the price. Plus lifetime balance/rotation for free :like:

Advertisement

OP
RubiSc0tt

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Hey Scott. I know you weren’t asking me but though I would stick my nose in if you don’t mind. Find your best deal on DT1s and tires and then take that to your local Discount Tire shop. They will price match. Cheapest I found on DT-1s and 37 Nitto RGs at the time I bought was CustomOffsets online. Called local DT shop and they matched over the phone and ordered for me. They transferred my TPMS and mounted/balanced and matched the price. Plus lifetime balance/rotation for free :like:
No worries at all. I value the feedback. Most of my off road career has been spent in TJ's so I havea a good knowledge base, but outside what i've experienced so far and what I read here, I don't have much real world experience.
Sadly, I live in a bit of a wasteland- Upstate NY. There's no Discount Tire shops- just locals, Mavis, and WalMart, and most of them are hit or miss- you're either paying top dollar, or they're going to freak out because it's not OEM size, or it's not a camry or something. There are a couple off road shops I'm going to check with to see what they can get. I know my buddy with Explore Overland can get the DT-1's and will do mount/ balance/ TPMS but he can't get the milestars- would likely be Toyo MT's which are fine, but also a few hundred more at that point, and with new lugs, sensors, etc- costs are starting to balloon pretty quick. We'll have to see.

Black, Gunmetal, or Bronze with your punkin?
I was most interested in gunmetal. I saw a set on eBay for like $1k but I misread the bolt pattern and missed out.

We'll have to see though. I'm currently in the "Yes, I have the money but could I send it any smarter" phase of the process. Still haven't completely ruled out spacers and OEM wheels, either- and then just putting the rest of my build money back into something else (most likely the house fund, at this point).

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S / GMC 1500AT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
No worries at all. I value the feedback. Most of my off road career has been spent in TJ's so I havea a good knowledge base, but outside what i've experienced so far and what I read here, I don't have much real world experience.
Sadly, I live in a bit of a wasteland- Upstate NY. There's no Discount Tire shops- just locals, Mavis, and WalMart, and most of them are hit or miss- you're either paying top dollar, or they're going to freak out because it's not OEM size, or it's not a camry or something. There are a couple off road shops I'm going to check with to see what they can get. I know my buddy with Explore Overland can get the DT-1's and will do mount/ balance/ TPMS but he can't get the milestars- would likely be Toyo MT's which are fine, but also a few hundred more at that point, and with new lugs, sensors, etc- costs are starting to balloon pretty quick. We'll have to see.

I was most interested in gunmetal. I saw a set on eBay for like $1k but I misread the bolt pattern and missed out.

We'll have to see though. I'm currently in the "Yes, I have the money but could I send it any smarter" phase of the process. Still haven't completely ruled out spacers and OEM wheels, either- and then just putting the rest of my build money back into something else (most likely the house fund, at this point).
Forgot DT not in the Northeast. I know they have representation on here but not sure how well they do with price match and shipping. Good luck with choices and sourcing. I totally get the $$$ start adding up.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Forgot DT not in the Northeast. I know they have representation on here but not sure how well they do with price match and shipping. Good luck with choices and sourcing. I totally get the $$$ start adding up.
I had my 2nd set of tires shipped to my front porch from Discount Tire Direct. They were already the lowest price for a set of 315/70-17 bfgoodrich ko2's, but I'm sure they would've honored the price match regardless.

Advertisement

PSC Motorsports

Advertisement