First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Naval Flight Officer
Hi guys I'm a newbie and have looked around but didn't find much on this question. I live in FL and am about to order my first Jeep and am thinking all I will need is a soft top. Is this a smart move or is there a good reason I would need a Hard top as well. I am thinking road noise may be a concern but that's about all I can come up with. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

OscarMike_to_Rubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR Ocean Blue, '65 Mustang Convt, 1972 Honda CT70H
Tampa. Second Wrangler, first was JKU that came with hard top. After 9 months changed to premium soft top I found on Craigslist. Hardtop is basically a pressure cooker here in Florida. Soft top keeps temp much more reasonable. Plus, you can drop the whole thing. I had mine down on the JLUR today. So much nicer than a hardtop or the JK soft top. NO zippers. Easy and quick.

When ordered new JLUR, I ordered premium soft top only. No hard top here, nor desire for one.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I love a soft top Jeep, but you also have to consider that hard is a little better for security if that’s a concern.

Sponsored

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I'm also in Florida and this is my second hard top wrangler, first was an 04 TJ. I mostly got it for security as I leave a lot of things in my Jeep daily. If I'm out driving i'll take the freedom panels off for open air, and I rarely have any rear passengers that'd I need to take the back part off for. I also figured that soft tops (aftermarket or original) are a lot easier to find than hard tops if I do ever want one.

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Naval Flight Officer
$uicide$hift Thank You for the help as well as the other who have posted. Sorry to ask a questions that has been asked a ton before. I also wanted to say thanks for not telling me that the search function works or something like that. I have seen that on so many forums it was refreshing to actually be helped!

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
$uicide$hift Thank You for the help as well as the other who have posted. Sorry to ask a questions that has been asked a ton before. I also wanted to say thanks for not telling me that the search function works or something like that. I have seen that on so many forums it was refreshing to actually be helped!
FWIW I don't use forum search functions. I find them to be fair at best. I use google and set it to search a given URL. You type your key words followed by site:www.jlwranglerforums.com.

Example:

Soft Top Hard site:www.jlwranglerforums.com

This will list out all threads with those keywords only for the site URL provided. Works like a charm every time.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
4 jeeps..... florida girl.... never needed nor wanted a hard top. Soft top rules.
Sponsored