Sponsored

Premium vs Non Premium Soft Top

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
@bestop I ordered a sport S but at the time didn’t realize there were 2 soft tops I just figured there was an up charge for soft and hard tops. I have been told the only difference is the fabric can you tell us about the differences?
Sponsored

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
If its anything like the JK then the fabric material is different.

Regular soft top is vinyl like on the outside and white on the inside.
Premium is soft fabric on the outside and black fabric on the inside. I believe Premium top is thicker and quieter.

I actually preferred the premium soft top over hardtop on the JKU.

OP
OP
Swanny297

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
If its anything like the JK then the fabric material is different.

Regular soft top is vinyl like on the outside and white on the inside.
Premium is soft fabric on the outside and black fabric on the inside. I believe Premium top is thicker and quieter.

I actually preferred the premium soft top over hardtop on the JKU.
Just got my sport with the regular soft top, better than the JK non premium. It is the same top I have had on all my Jeeps so I guess I never opted for a premium. It is lighter on the inside but not white on the JL. No issues for me..

bmdjeep3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
How different is it than the JK standard top? I’ve had a TJ and a JK (non premium) and they were pretty close to the same type of top. I actually prefer the standard over the premium on the JK off of aesthetics, I can’t comment on the performance at all. The standard just seems more jeepy/original to me so I like it and the noise never bothered me.

There are a few premium tops at my dealer but no standards, do you like it? I’m going to order soon and will probably go standard.

@BestopTeam can you weigh in on how the materials are between the JL and JK? Are the standard/premium the same materials as used in the JK?

OP
OP
Swanny297

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
How different is it than the JK standard top? I’ve had a TJ and a JK (non premium) and they were pretty close to the same type of top. I actually prefer the standard over the premium on the JK off of aesthetics, I can’t comment on the performance at all. The standard just seems more jeepy/original to me so I like it and the noise never bothered me.

There are a few premium tops at my dealer but no standards, do you like it? I’m going to order soon and will probably go standard.

@BestopTeam can you weigh in on how the materials are between the JL and JK? Are the standard/premium the same materials as used in the JK?
I can’t weigh in on the material differences, I have only ran standard tops on my Jeeps. I do like the standard JL top in comparison with the JK. It seems a little thicker and a bit quieter (although like most we don’t buy a soft top for noise qualities). It is definitely easier to drop into the sun rider position and seems more stretched out to fit the JL. I have been pleased with the new standard top, a couple of small leak issues in hard rains but that’s par for the course. I think once it warms up and gets a chance to sit in the sun it will tighten up a bit, fit great and be a nice upgrade for me over the JK top.

Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I had seen this video in regard to the Premium Soft Top from Bestop. It is a Bestop video that goes over this top.

Grindhouseknives

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLU Sport S
I did read on the Quadratec website that the premium top for the JL has a strut assisted sunrider and the standard top has a spring assisted sunrider.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Jenn

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Sport S
newbie question, do the premiums come with the tint or are the always clear? is there a way to tint the clear if that is the case. I just ordered my JL this morning.

OP
OP
Swanny297

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
newbie question, do the premiums come with the tint or are the always clear? is there a way to tint the clear if that is the case. I just ordered my JL this morning.
I am not sure if they always come tinted, I have seen a base sport with premium top and clear windows so it may depend on which trim level you ordered. I order a sport s non premium top and my windows were tinted.

Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
I have heard the frames are different between the Standard and Premium soft tops. If so, Does anyone know if the a Premium top can be used with the Standard top's frame, or will we need to also purchase a new frame if we want to upgrade?

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
I have heard the frames are different between the Standard and Premium soft tops. If so, Does anyone know if the a Premium top can be used with the Standard top's frame, or will we need to also purchase a new frame if we want to upgrade?
I have been told the frame/hardware is the same. Only difference is the material they are made out of. Haven't had a chance to go over them to find any hardware differences.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
I have been told the frame/hardware is the same. Only difference is the material they are made out of. Haven't had a chance to go over them to find any hardware differences.
Kewl, thanks!! :)