Sunrider tops

Slev

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL
Have a 2018 Sahara Jeep. Looking at putting on a Sunrider foldable top for hard tops. Live in Canada with lots of snow. Will these last with cold and snowy winters or should you take it off every year.
Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I'd say yes, you can leave it on all year long and be fine if you get the black twill.

I've had mine since December 2018 and it's still looking good and suffering no issues in 20 below temperatures. The Jeeps can warm up fairly well. :like:

Though, I do keep my Jeep in the garage. So if you are forced to keep yours outside (I hope you have an engine block heater!), I may recommend leaving the freedom panels in for the colder months. Colorado sees a few nice days to throw the top back every now and again, I'm not sure you would enjoy that benefit?

OP
OP
Slev

Slev

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd say yes, you can leave it on all year long and be fine if you get the black twill.

I've had mine since December 2018 and it's still looking good and suffering no issues in 20 below temperatures. The Jeeps can warm up fairly well. :like:

Though, I do keep my Jeep in the garage. So if you are forced to keep yours outside (I hope you have an engine block heater!), I may recommend leaving the freedom panels in for the colder months. Colorado sees a few nice days to throw the top back every now and again, I'm not sure you would enjoy that benefit?
Block heater but no garage. Will look into it at spring time thanks

JeffCj7Jl

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ7, 2015 4Runner, 2021 JLR
I put my freedom panels back on for the winter. There’s a low probability that I would use it during the winter in Central NY. I plan to put it back on in March/April.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Slev

Slev

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put my freedom panels back on for the winter. There’s a low probability that I would use it during the winter in Central NY. I plan to put it back on in March/April.
Thanks that’s what I was thinking of doing. Gets to - 30 most nights here without windchill

gregus73

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0, 2021 Suburban Z71
Occupation
Stuff
I had one on my last 2019 JL and loved it. Favorite accessory.
Went with the twill.

I am seriously considering get one for my JLUR.
Ended up using it all of the time. No leaks. Super easy to put down and up. My Freedom tops ended up sitting in my garage for years.

No noise issues on the freeways and interior stayed warm during winter months. Then again…..I live in California.
Sponsored

Last edited: