Sponsored

This is why I have a dashcam.

Grimm_E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon

Either this was an attempt at an insurance scam or this guy isn't a fan of the JL. Regardless, this idiot is one of several reasons why I have a dashcam.
My friend was talking to their insurance agent and he said that how can you tell if the person got damage from being parked and having someone hit them or if they were moving.

She would not give the makes and models, but she said "we"(the insurance company) would know if you are lying, because all of that information is being captured on all new models today. So they are able to tell if you rear-end someone or if someone backs into you.

Two older cars, maybe not, but if at least one car is new, that information is being collected to tell that half of the story. But cameras make it simple.

OP
OP
Spank

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Between this unit and my older grey BlackVue 450, I have yet to capture an accident as it occurs (which is not a complaint), but I literally have hours of footage of people who simply should never, ever drive. I'm not talking honest mistakes. These are drivers that make you question their concept of mortality. I could create a YouTube channel of shitty Colorado drivers and update it daily with content and it'd become a full-time job.

I've got footage of a guy blowing through a red light at such a high speed, his vehicle actually caught a little air, then sparked when it returned to Earth. I've got one of a police chase. I've got one of a guy who somehow managed to high-center his car on a tall cement median. I can't even count how many clips I have of people blindly walking across traffic. I've got one of a guy tailgating a state police car that moves over to let him pass, then immediately lights up and pulls him over. I've even got footage of a fairly serious accident I pulled up to at an intersection and less then a half-mile later, another one on the opposite side of the street that was even worse: a rollover. And, of course, I've got this dipshit who decides it's Opposite Day and throws it in reverse when the light turns green.

I'm not one to argue that my state has the worst drivers vs. another state. I tend to think most people shouldn't drive in general. Nonetheless, I'm a huge advocate of dashcams and strongly believe they are something every responsible driver should own.

BradyAntebellum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLUR- Black
I was ready to go Blackvue but now I’m waiting to see what comes of the Waylens Secure 360. Potentially massively disrupting product. Up to15 days of park mode, built in LTE, and 360 field of view from a single camera. I also need to look and see if it can be mounted inverted so it can go on a BlendMount just under the mirror. And use a MirrorTap for power.
Did you ever end up buying the Waylens?

Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Between this unit and my older grey BlackVue 450, I have yet to capture an accident as it occurs (which is not a complaint), but I literally have hours of footage of people who simply should never, ever drive. I'm not talking honest mistakes. These are drivers that make you question their concept of mortality. I could create a YouTube channel of shitty Colorado drivers and update it daily with content and it'd become a full-time job.

I've got footage of a guy blowing through a red light at such a high speed, his vehicle actually caught a little air, then sparked when it returned to Earth. I've got one of a police chase. I've got one of a guy who somehow managed to high-center his car on a tall cement median. I can't even count how many clips I have of people blindly walking across traffic. I've got one of a guy tailgating a state police car that moves over to let him pass, then immediately lights up and pulls him over. I've even got footage of a fairly serious accident I pulled up to at an intersection and less then a half-mile later, another one on the opposite side of the street that was even worse: a rollover. And, of course, I've got this dipshit who decides it's Opposite Day and throws it in reverse when the light turns green.

I'm not one to argue that my state has the worst drivers vs. another state. I tend to think most people shouldn't drive in general. Nonetheless, I'm a huge advocate of dashcams and strongly believe they are something every responsible driver should own.
Funny I have tons of footage of idiot drivers from my dash cam. It's unbelievable here. I also have footage of a high center on a 3ft median on I-25, countless people blindly running read lights, etc. If only I had a side camera to show the absolutely insane amount of people texting and driving.

Periokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLUR and some others.
I was ready to go Blackvue but now I’m waiting to see what comes of the Waylens Secure 360. Potentially massively disrupting product. Up to15 days of park mode, built in LTE, and 360 field of view from a single camera. I also need to look and see if it can be mounted inverted so it can go on a BlendMount just under the mirror. And use a MirrorTap for power.
I got in on the kickstarter for the Waylens. I also currently use Blackvue units. I hope to have the Waylens 360 4G soon. I'll definitely give an opinion of it once I have it.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation

There's a guy who runs a YouTube channel called FuryRoad that gets absolutely rich off of dash cam video that other people post. He does monthly "best of" collections. It truly is insane what you see out on the road. Makes you realize just how stupid society as a whole really is.

Boston Mike

First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU Rubicon
My friend was talking to their insurance agent and he said that how can you tell if the person got damage from being parked and having someone hit them or if they were moving.

She would not give the makes and models, but she said "we"(the insurance company) would know if you are lying, because all of that information is being captured on all new models today. So they are able to tell if you rear-end someone or if someone backs into you.

Two older cars, maybe not, but if at least one car is new, that information is being collected to tell that half of the story. But cameras make it simple.
I was on a jury in a murder trial years ago. Some of the evidence was interesting.........................a guy ran down a prostitute who turned him down. We were shown where her legs were broken from the bumper of his car..................then showed the height of the bumper at rest, as acceleration and at deceleration. Needless to say, it was obvious he was speeding up to hit her. I would think the damage to both vehicles might be able to prove who was moving upon impact.

Sponsored

MonkeyRider

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Yes.. This is why you need a dash cam.
The other car was orange color MB G-class, driver was 22 year old girl who got the license this year. :facepalm:
She stated to her insurance that she ran on green but I send this to them.

Now my JLUR is in the repair shop said it'll take 34 days to fix, mostly waiting time for parts.
Total repair cost is $11,275.

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL

Either this was an attempt at an insurance scam or this guy isn't a fan of the JL. Regardless, this idiot is one of several reasons why I have a dashcam.
Just curious, your jeep lifted? LED's on at the time?

Should have pushed the missile button

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport

Yes.. This is why you need a dash cam.
The other car was orange color MB G-class, driver was 22 year old girl who got the license this year. :facepalm:
She stated to her insurance that she ran on green but I send this to them.

Now my JLUR is in the repair shop said it'll take 34 days to fix, mostly waiting time for parts.
Total repair cost is $11,275.
Hope you were not hurt . Cali insurance is high because the guilty ones try to lie their way out .

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
This is one of my favorite conversations assuming I have to have this annoying exchange.

===

Motorist 1 blows the stop sign and I have to take evasive maneuvers to avoid them.

He/she gets out of their vehicle to yell at me.

Motorist 1: "I had the right of way you ******"

Me: "I have a dashcam, see the blinking light (as I point) and you blew the stop sign."

Motorist 1 says nothing and gets back in their vehicle.
Sponsored