OP
OP
Spank

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Which dashcam do you have? How did you wire it in?
It's a BlackVue DR750S. I've got its wiring tucked behind the A-pillar plastic and ran down the passenger side to the auxiliary wiring. It runs when the ignition is on.

The BlackVue certainly isn't the greatest camera out there, but I like its shape and size. Having it mounted behind the rear view mirror makes it well hidden.
Sponsored

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
It's a BlackVue DR750S. I've got its wiring tucked behind the A-pillar plastic and ran down the passenger side to the auxiliary wiring. It runs when the ignition is on.

The BlackVue certainly isn't the greatest camera out there, but I like its shape and size. Having it mounted behind the rear view mirror makes it well hidden.
Why don't you have parking mode enabled and have it run to a constant 12v?

That's half of the reason I have my dash cam. When you are gone - it is still watching.

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
There are several arguments you could make for 1080p60 vs 4k30. 4K will give you a cleaner more crisp still frame while 1080p60 gives you double the frame rate meaning thereā€™s less of a chance for fast moving objects to appear blurry. Iā€™m not as well versed in dash cams but the cameras field of view can also be added to the equation as well. A narrow field of view can be better in trying to see close ups and details but you might miss some action where the camera isnā€™t pointing. A wide angle field of view is good for seeing a lot in front of the camera but itā€™s not as crisp because the sensor is being ā€œstretchedā€ to see everything.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Spank

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack

That's half of the reason I have my dash cam. When you are gone - it is still watching.
I haven't really found it necessary. My Jeep isn't a daily driver anymore and rarely sees a parking lot.

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I agree with simpleJL.....higher resolution isn't the end all be all, clean HD>low bitrate 4k.

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
A discreet dashcam, preferably one someone lightly going through the vehicle won't catch, for an affordable price, is something I want in a JL. I know nothing about dashcam options but I've been led to believe on the whole they've gotten quite affordable.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
A discreet dashcam, preferably one someone lightly going through the vehicle won't catch, for an affordable price, is something I want in a JL. I know nothing about dashcam options but I've been led to believe on the whole they've gotten quite affordable.
They make discreet dashcams?

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Iā€™m worried that my dash cam will most likely catch me doing something stupid.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Iā€™m worried that my dash cam will most likely catch me doing something stupid.
Yeah, when I first got mine I was very conscious of it and drove extra carefully lol. Eventually got used to it but I disabled recording the speed ( for no particular reason) ;) oh, and the mic as well. No need to get reminded of some of the things said or worse get caught singing :whew:

Sponsored

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Yeah, when I first got mine I was very conscious of it and drove extra carefully lol. Eventually got used to it but I disabled recording the speed ( for no particular reason) ;)
The GPS speed wouldn't be admissible in court anyway. There's no definitive calibration done that would legally make it admissible evidence.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
$39 on amazon. Spending more is wasting your money.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Newbie question: Wouldn't that drain the battery if you leave it on even when the car is off or do you mean in parking mode while the car is running?
Sponsored