The Tire Carrier Thread

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
maximus-3 showed a teaser of their JL tire carrier back in August...clean simple design
Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Really interested in Expedition One's rear bumper and tire carrier. With their sale and free shipping right now, it looks really appealing.

I reached out to them to get more information on the license plate relocation, brake light and rear camera... still haven't heard anything back.

https://expeditiononestore.com/prod...ar-bumper-w-smooth-motion-tire-carrier-system
Curious what they say, looks pretty nice. Please report back to this thread what you learn. :like:

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Warn Elite with tire carrier ordered. Be here in January. I will post pics once I get it installed

x7tristan

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the EVO tire carrier and it helped with my backup sensor issue with my -12 offset wheels on the OE carrier. Install was simple enough even though the instructions aren't top notch. It fits nice and tight up to the tailgate for a rattle free ride. Only gripe is that removing and installing the passenger side tail lamp is a pain with the top hinge blocking it. I also want to find a better brake light mount, I just see trying to change a tire and having to remove those small T7 torx screws for the camera mount out in the field going horribly wrong.

evo_tire_carrier1.jpg
IMG_20181204_121413.jpg
evo_tire_carrier2.jpg
evo_tire_carrier3.jpg

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Roams should be released and available around the middle of January. If there’s one to wait for, it’s theirs. Great price point for a bumper/tire carrier combo and comes standard with a lot of features. It opens with the door too

Brett

Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Roams should be released and available around the middle of January. If there’s one to wait for, it’s theirs. Great price point for a bumper/tire carrier combo and comes standard with a lot of features. It opens with the door too

Brett
Jerry can, basket mounts?

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Jerry can, basket mounts?
Ttechris just showed some pics with a bike carrier. I’m sure there will be some accessories for it when released. The quality and price point can’t be beat

Brett

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Ttechris just showed some pics with a bike carrier. I’m sure there will be some accessories for it when released. The quality and price point can’t be beat

Brett
Ok. I guess they changed the name of the Single Action to Slimline - that one they did respond saying no accessory mounts. Fingers crossed for this one.

OP
OP
Rubi-Zero

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the EVO tire carrier and it helped with my backup sensor issue with my -12 offset wheels on the OE carrier. Install was simple enough even though the instructions aren't top notch. It fits nice and tight up to the tailgate for a rattle free ride. Only gripe is that removing and installing the passenger side tail lamp is a pain with the top hinge blocking it. I also want to find a better brake light mount, I just see trying to change a tire and having to remove those small T7 torx screws for the camera mount out in the field going horribly wrong.

evo_tire_carrier1.jpg
IMG_20181204_121413.jpg
evo_tire_carrier2.jpg
evo_tire_carrier3.jpg
That looks great, this is on my list to purchase if I don’t buy the Motobilt carrier. I just want to see Motobilt’s finished product before I make the move on either one.

Sponsored

wrangler-rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
A friendly PSA - so with the "days of XMAS sale happening @ 4WP I was briefly tempted by the fab fours rear bumper and carrier until I looked more closely and exchanged info with a rep there. Was hopeful for the price it might be a good blend of form and function, of all their stuff I really only like the bumper and slant back carrier UNTIL... Thought to myself, hmph... can't see the camera, then thought: If I can't see it what does it see? The answer: about a 3rd of the viewable area after you subtract the big 'ol tire bottom AND top of the bumper on the bottom... Was advised by the rep that this was acceptable to engineering there, for those interested but would like to retain use of their rear camera. I'd look a bit closer and ask to see what your rear camera will see... Based on the fact that I am digging the lane change camera flip with my Tazer AND i have little kids around all the time and need the camera decided my search must go on. Just a friendly advisory as I am not sure if anyone else is interested, but for such a pricey item (way top of the spend spectrum versus peers) sacrificing function simply made no sense to me and I would've been so ticked if I purchased and were stuck with something that leaves me with my rear camera serving as a peep hole.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Good intel Robert, thanks for the heads up. It is tough to know what it will all be like to live with until after the fact. Even with multiple options out there now, I'm having trouble finding the perfect set of features. If it's not the camera its the license plate, or the carrier accessories, etc. I am beginning to think I should look into local fabrication shops' opinions on maybe being able to enhance a tire carrier/bumper combo I bring to them. ROAM said no to any fuel can/basket mounts btw, or custom fab work. Search continues

Last edited:

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Is anyone running the evo carrier, with stock wheels and 37s by any chance? The place installing mine is saying I need a spacer for it too fit. I thought the carrier could adjust far enough out that it would fit.

cball508

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392