The Non-Rubicon Jl & JLU Thread

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Has anyone found any skid plates for the 2.0 turbo? I have not been able to find anything for the oil pan, transfer case or
I am considering ASFIR skids for my JLU Sport
Sponsored

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
3.6 L 6spd manual here just ordered ASFIR oil pan transmission skid. Itā€™s the best value out there.
Im happy to support Israeli manufacturing.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
3.6 L 6spd manual here just ordered ASFIR oil pan transmission skid. Itā€™s the best value out there.
Im happy to support Israeli manufacturing.
Never heard of them but just checked them out and they have good prices. I went with Quadratec which was a little more but it's aluminum, is completely sealed (they have a panel to remove for oil change) and it has a beefy crossmember that comes with it.

Sponsored

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Never heard of them but just checked them out and they have good prices. I went with Quadratec which was a little more but it's aluminum, is completely sealed (they have a panel to remove for oil change) and it has a beefy crossmember that comes with it.
I just ordered the ASFIR. They donā€™t have the drop down that the Quadratec has. And its $50 cheaper shipped. I will post after install.
not. Made in the USA but Iā€™m gladly supporting an Israeli company.

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
put rubicon takeoffs wheels/tires/suspension on and it looks great
IMG_2580.JPG
IMG_6312.JPG
IMG_6850.JPG

IMG_2619.JPG
Looks great Mike! Do you remember what springs numbers do you have and whether you added and leveling spacers? Thanks in advance.

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
Loved this thread! lol!

Last year when i decided that I would buy a Jeep, started digging in... 1st thing, I could not afford a Rubicon. So crossed it out.

Started looking at Saharas as my wife insisted on the interior with leather, and her idea of it being a superior veh than the Sport S.

So usually when I on the market for a brand new car, I start shopping around without the intent to buy, used cars on the similar trims. So went to quite a few dealers to check used 2018-2019 Saharas. Also Looked into slightly older Saharas. Started noticing that the Saharas that got modified, got standard stuff that differs them from the Sport S, and you pay for. Also noticed that some cars with over 90-100k kms, had the driver seat leather in bad shape, from going out of a tall car...

So I started crossing out things that I would have done differently, and ad the end... the Sport S was a much better option than a Sahara.

My build is just the upgraded battery and alternator, hardtop and LSD. Nothing Else.

The heavy duty brakes is the only thing that my Sport S will not have from the Sahara (other than the visual flares and hardtop paited as the body pait, which i do not like. Prefer them black).

Regardless of Sahara or Sport S, I do have plans of replacing the brakes once warranty is over. So not a biggie!

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
PLEASE keep the thread posted with what you find. We put brand new Rubi D44s on and wired them to the AUX switches and I wondered about the Rubi sway bar as well. Would you mind telling what you paid for the sway bar and why the heck would someone be getting rid of one?
Wow... this thread was started more than 2 years ago. A big thanks to @jhnnymac for getting the ball rolling. It sure has had legs... or wheels...

I've read through almost every post and wanted to chime in with my Sport S story that began this past April. I may have bought a Rubicon, but then would have immediately removed anything identifying it as a Rubicon. As amazing as they are, they're just a little bit too much... everything... which I totally get is the appeal for many.

But I love the Sport S' modesty.

As a well loaded Sport S, mine was on the steep side and within reach of a Rubicon, but it was appointed with things I'd actually use frequently, rather than things I might use once in a great while - if ever, to be honest. So the Sport S was perfect for me.

That said, change is good. I've added Rubicon Rock Rails, the Mopar head liner, slush mats, and little things like Mopar grab handles, rear cargo matt, tailgate table (the most often used accessory), Mopar locking hood, Red Line struts, Mopar fuel filler door and locking fuel cap, and the big one, the (Mopar) LED headlight/foglight package and some other small exterior/interior things.

I'm reluctant to lift it, though down the road the Mopar 2" lift with 35's is a possibility to keep within warranty guidelines (those shiny Fox shocks will look nice against the Granite...) but I'll start with 33's (big thanks to everyone who has posted pictures of theirs). And It's fortunate I love the aluminum tech wheels he came standard with... feeling no need to replace them - as long as they'll take 35's when time comes. Heavy duty breaks will almost certainly be added, as well as more heavier duty undercarriage things/skids, etc. But I'm reluctant to add the weight of steel bumpers, for example, or a winch I'll rarely ever use (but you never know)...

I know I'm in the minority, but I prefer and love the 'stock' look. If you've ever seen a really nice Jeep on the road and think, "wow... that's a really nice Jeep - even though it looks stock, there's just a little something 'extra' about it?" That's what I'm after: the sleeper; the humble, quiet monster... nothing to see here, just keep on moving. But just out of sight, he's got it all figured out. The Sport S is the perfect platform for such a Jeep and I love mine. No regrets.

Happy everyone gets to enjoy their rig as desired - who'd a thunk years ago we'd get so excited about dropping $1,500 bucks on new skins? But there you go. So just wanted to say thanks to you all for sharing your rigs and excitement about the work you're doing on them. It really helps a newbie like me form a vision for mine.

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
Sahara with Rubicon suspension and 1/2" Teraflex spacers. All 4 doors and front Fenders repainted under warranty to fix bubbling around hinges. Like many of you just didn't need a 4:1 transfer case or disconnecting sway bar on a daily driver - wasn't worth the $ for something I'll NEVER use in Ohio!
Jeep Wrangler JL The Non-Rubicon Jl & JLU Thread jeep final repaint

Sponsored

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
2019 JLU Sahara (Moab Edition)

3.5" RK Adventure Series with Fox Shocks
37x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grappler on 17x9 -12 Fuel Beasts

SB Gen 2 XRC Front / Rear bumper
SB Gen 3 XRC 12k Winch
SB HD Pivot Tire Carrier

RSE Step Sliders / Rock Guard

AAL Fender Chop Kit
Artec Front / Rear Inner Fender Liners

We've enjoyed wheeling our rig as is, but realize there are some needed future upgrades

Dynatrac ProRock 44 (5.13 / ARB lockers) and matching rear (keeping D220 rear)
RK Adjustable Control Arms
RPM 2.5T HD Steering
Adam's 1350 front / rear driveshafts
Chromoly front / rear axleshafts

ARB On Board Air (OBA)

Rusty's steel underbelly armor

Jeep 2021-09-03.jpg

JMGT25

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Newbie Jeeper Questions for first time off road

My service dog and I regularly travel ~3 hours or so and typically stay near base of mountains in NY which can only be accessed with 4x4 to keep out the riff raff.
I am concerned with the stock highway tires that unknowingly came with as I literally have to go over a river and through the woods. Our typical vehicle access to our slice of heaven has been via 2nd gen Xterra and lifted trucks almost always requiring 4WD. I'm really hoping the stock Sport S is a big step up from the X. I'm looking forward to breaking in and slowly customizing! Any tips or advice always welcome and greatly appreciated.

For the curious ones, my 2nd gen Xterra finally passed on in August, the last straw in a summer of vehicle problems... I picked up my custom order JLUS mid September. Stock (including highway tires, WTH), black freedom top, cold weather package, cloth seats. Installed snyper triple tube rails with step, rugged ridge door guards, passenger headrest fan for Kai. Upcoming Mods: Debadge (thanks for the how to!) trailer hitch receiver with wiring harness.

Mold is a four letter word
Toxic Mold kills
www.cure4jen.org
Which mountains in NY are you going to?