The dreaded JB freeze

StingGrayRubi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
probably waiting on some form of transportation , your dealer has access to more specific info. Where did you buy from?
Sponsored

travelboysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Fusion, ProMaster Van, FR3 MH
I was just told I am in "JS" status, what on earth is that?

Jeep chat said it was like a secondary inspection

travelboysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Fusion, ProMaster Van, FR3 MH
Well, so much for that... just got a call from Koons. My Jeep is in 2 weeks earlier than expected. Ordered 4/3 (order was placed on 4/3) and today, 5/4 it’s in and ready. Wasn’t planning on the four hour trek to DC this weekend but I guess I don’t have much of a choice. Good problem to have!

Damn you 4 door people,......

:)

zeeg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I was in Inspection for 32 days and last week I was put in JB. I check a few times a day on the Jeep sight if my actual jeep is in transit. Just a bit ago it shows it is in transit. Does that mean it has actually found a train or truck or it is now waiting on one?
how are you checking transit status?

Sponsored

GordonZoo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram ED
Occupation
Most Everything
I check the jeep web site and search for jeeps specific to my dealer and mine showed up yesterday as being in transit. Same vin, price and options. The jeeps come up as on dealer lot or in transit.

zeeg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I check the jeep web site and search for jeeps specific to my dealer and mine showed up yesterday as being in transit. Same vin, price and options. The jeeps come up as on dealer lot or in transit.
Nice! Was able to find mine. Gonna just confirm with dealer than 'in transmit' actually means what it says

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Does anyone happen to know whether MOPAR headliners still hold things up in JB? I just got my build sheet today (so I think it has to be inspected and then over to JB before it it shipped). Ordered on May 4.

StingGrayRubi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I know all situations are different. On 4/6 I ordered from Dan's in Westborough, MA. Accoriding to the Jeep JL Hotline, im in shipped status but not ETA for delivery. They can't see the detail that the dealer can. The dealer has detailed tracking showing my Jeep hit the East Brookfield, MA rail yard today 4/6 and now needs to be trucked to Westborough. Im not sure how long this last 30 miles will take but I feel better knowing those details instead of the "were not sure when its going to be there" line that the Jeep hotline gave me. Ive shown as "in transit" on Dan's Jeep website for about 6 weeks with my VIN etc... so once you go into the shipping process, you will show on the website.

zeeg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I received an email from the newer support group:

> Our resources indicate your vehicle has been released by the plant and is currently in the shipping stages. Due to the high volume of all-new Wrangler models in the shipping stage, the suppliers that transport our vehicles are backlogged and working as quickly as they can to get these vehicles delivered to the dealership.

They've always been days behind and vague on information, so can't really say it's helpful. Also found via the above that mine was listed on the dealers site as in transit, though not sure how long its been that way. Gonna reach out to dealer to see status, and hopefully we'll have some idea how backlogged transit is.

Sponsored

SpaceDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
SpaceDog
Does anyone happen to know whether MOPAR headliners still hold things up in JB? I just got my build sheet today (so I think it has to be inspected and then over to JB before it it shipped). Ordered on May 4.
I would say 'yes'. I checked this morning and I'm still in JB (3 weeks now) for the headliner.

Edit: Ordered on 1/5. :swear:

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
I would say 'yes'. I checked this morning and I'm still in JB (3 weeks now) for the headliner.

Edit: Ordered on 1/5. :swear:
Not sure if there is anything you can do, but FYI, I checked with Jeep Chat today and was told I am in KZ. Maybe if you complain loud enough, they will do something to speed your vehicle up.

I was in D1 last week, got my build sheet on June 6 and somehow went through inspection and JB (with MOPAR headliners) in a couple of days.

SpaceDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
SpaceDog
Not sure if there is anything you can do, but FYI, I checked with Jeep Chat today and was told I am in KZ. Maybe if you complain loud enough, they will do something to speed your vehicle up.

I was in D1 last week, got my build sheet on June 6 and somehow went through inspection and JB (with MOPAR headliners) in a couple of days.
I never check with Jeep Chat, but I bit the bullet and did yesterday since I passed the 3 week threshold. They gave me a generic response about it already being built and waiting for optional equipment. I asked if they had any timing as to when it would be completed and they said: "Any day now."

Can't say I trust that statement but we will see.

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT
I think so.. I also ordered the headliner and when I called yesterday Jeep told me I'm in JB status on shipping-hold since last week waiting on a back-ordered option to be installed. Jeep Chat said his computer doesn't specify exactly which option of mine is holding it up, but he did add that most of the people that have been calling about JB status shipping-hold also ordered the hardtop headliner.

Jax2578

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
I have been in JB status for 13 days now. I’m guessing it is because of the headliners. I contacted Jeep chat and they mentioned at 14 days it could be assigned to some internal team at Jeep to look into why it’s still in JB status. Does that sound right to others who have had similiar waits?
Yes.
Sponsored