The dreaded JB freeze

agordon117

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR HellaYella
That's the first time I've actually seen that excuse given. We knew in advance that the leds would be a holdup, but the fact that you've been in JB for 40 days pretty much proves that isn't the case here. You're allowed to escalate after 30 days, is that info all you were given after escalating or have you not done that yet?
Sponsored

Jlnew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity QX56
That’s a newer excuse, from what I’ve read anyway. Is this the first time you’ve asked what’s holding it up?
I only Chat with them once a week, so today when I got the same canned "JB" response I really pushed for more info. I'm grateful for the added information.

That's the first time I've actually seen that excuse given. We knew in advance that the leds would be a holdup, but the fact that you've been in JB for 40 days pretty much proves that isn't the case here. You're allowed to escalate after 30 days, is that info all you were given after escalating or have you not done that yet?
Chantel (?) "escalated" it 3 weeks ago, saying they would have someone reach out to me via email, but I've yet to hear from anyone. I've thought about reaching out to my dealer for help, but I can't imagine there's anything he could do.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
I only Chat with them once a week, so today when I got the same canned "JB" response I really pushed for more info. I'm grateful for the added information.

Chantel (?) "escalated" it 3 weeks ago, saying they would have someone reach out to me via email, but I've yet to hear from anyone. I've thought about reaching out to my dealer for help, but I can't imagine there's anything he could do.
You should contact your dealer and then your dealer should contact their FCA rep.

agordon117

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR HellaYella
Dealers seam to magically have a lot more pull once you threaten to cancel. Lots of people have said they were cancelling, some even went to pick up their checks, and magically their JLs were waiting for them when they got there.

Dhovie

First Name
Dhovie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal Metallic - Still nameless
Looks just like mine! Were you still at "ETA TBD"? Just curious as a few have received while in that status. I'm hoping!!!

EDIT: was too anxious to finish the thread, lol!
Yep, still in ETA TBD. I think some sneaky ninja Jeeps are making it out of Purgatory.

Sponsored

azjlur

First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
All of you who still show up on the tracking spreadsheet as sitting in Marion but then your Jeep magically appears at your dealer are really giving me hope! I just know my dealer is going to call and say it's here even though there are no further tracking updates. I just ordered a month ago though so it's not like it's been that long of a wait. Although my first order was placed on 12/6 and it still isn't in!

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
Rebuild order hit JB this afternoon .... 60 days and counting today. Happy anniversary to me! Hopefully there won’t be a 3 month celebration.

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR MetalCloak 2.5F/3.5R, LoD Bumper/Carrier.
After a long time in the JB soft top freeze, my JLUR was delivered yesterday. In the back it had the huge soft top box.

What I found interesting

1. The Rubi came equipped with the Hard Top Headliner, a $525 optional package I did NOT order.
    upload_2018-4-7_20-32-35.png

While I think there is no way it is worth the $525, I gladly take it at no charge ;)

2. I saw in some images that some of the JLUs have "gap covers" that slide down when the back seats are lowered. Am I wrong?
    In any case, my vehicle did not come with those, maybe because of the huge soft top box?

Sponsored

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
After a long time in the JB soft top freeze, my JLUR was delivered yesterday. In the back it had the huge soft top box.

What I found interesting

1. The Rubi came equipped with the Hard Top Headliner, a $525 optional package I did NOT order.
    upload_2018-4-7_20-32-35.png

While I think there is no way it is worth the $525, I gladly take it at no charge ;)

2. I saw in some images that some of the JLUs have "gap covers" that slide down when the back seats are lowered. Am I wrong?
    In any case, my vehicle did not come with those, maybe because of the huge soft top box?

I think the gap covers come with leather seats, not with cloth?

C5er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Are there any updates what are holding up the JB's? After a couple weeks at D1 it moved through build in 2 days to JB today. Wondering if i am in for a long wait like many of you or have they resolved these problems?

Last edited:

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Are there any updates what are holding up the JB's? After a couple weeks at D1 it moved through build in 2 days to JB today. Wondering if i am in for a long wait like many of you or have they resolved these problems?
Depends on your order. If you have dual top it may get held up but it is hard to say.

C5er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
It does have dual top. Basically all options except; paint HT, painted Fenders, or remote proximity. firecracker
Sponsored