Sponsored

The dealership ordered the wrong Jeep!!???!

comagt

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
So, nobody going to comment on a $100 deposit on a $60,000 car that he is supposedly paying cash for? I’m surprised they took your order with a $100 credit card deposit.
I ordered my Rubicon in April with no deposit. Anything is possible as it’s only there as insurance to the dealer should you flake with something that may not sell. Which currently is a zero risk situation for them.
Sponsored

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
This is going sideways real quick so why doesn't everyone slow down.
His choice
His money
His problem
Why crucify a guy when he`s already having problems with the dealer?
Isn't` this site supposed to support fellow Jeep members??

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
This is going sideways real quick so why doesn't everyone slow down.
His choice
His money
His problem
Why crucify a guy when he`s already having problems with the dealer?
Isn't` this site supposed to support fellow Jeep members??
^this…. Thank you

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Woof. Well, it's the internet. Just be ready for everyone to assume they know everything about you the moment you hit that keyboard.

Some guy saying you've never faced hardships based on this one experience... I just don't get people like that, but to each their own. Those who love to preach will preach.

Sorry to hear about this. Would definitely be frustrating. It'll be awesome when you get it, though.

WillB1944

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler, 2021 F150
Not exactly the same, but ordered a Cobra (not a Ford) from a company and after waiting 18 months was told it was almost ready. Then nothing. One of the employees told me someone walked into the shop, saw the car and offered an extra $5000 for it. Probably happens more than you think, with any vehicle.

Sponsored

MissRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Dude, I’m sorry to hear about your jeep. Hopefully they can expedite something for you or give you a discount or something to make up for it. I’d be raging if I dropped $60k for a vehicle and this happened. You’re in the right to be upset.

And don’t pay too much attention to the nay-sayers on here. It’s rare that somebody your age is able to drop $60k on a vehicle, but I think its great that you were able to make the cash to do so! At 22 I think I was driving an old used Dodge Neon with a rebuilt title. So yeah, take the negative comments with a grain of salt.

Mecca

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
316EB6FA-6717-43AA-865D-33BFD9A7C11A.jpeg
Everything was signed by me and the dealer when I ordered it, even had a deposit down on it…. And was obviously trading mine in when the new one got here.

Normally you can watch your Jeep being built. (www.jeep.com)
Build and Price your own jeep.
Buy.
Build a fake Build close to what you ordered.
Summary.
Search New Inventory.
Find your Jeep, it will say on Dealer LOT or in Transit. Look for the in Transit.
Get the VIN and start telling your Dealer all about it.

Mine came up like for the above search, then I clicked on my build, said something about in Transit, then with the VIN your dealer can track it, (on the train being shipped etc)

You should see your jeep coming to the dealer 2 weeks before it is due if not 3 weeks.

I have a feeling he sold your jeep, since you have a deposit, they said we can just order another one.

You can also use this time to look at other Dealers and beat them up on a price, perhaps you can save another $ 1000.00 bucks.

Good Luck!

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Normally you can watch your Jeep being built. (www.jeep.com)
Build and Price your own jeep.
Buy.
Build a fake Build close to what you ordered.
Summary.
Search New Inventory.
Find your Jeep, it will say on Dealer LOT or in Transit. Look for the in Transit.
Get the VIN and start telling your Dealer all about it.

Mine came up like for the above search, then I clicked on my build, said something about in Transit, then with the VIN your dealer can track it, (on the train being shipped etc)

You should see your jeep coming to the dealer 2 weeks before it is due if not 3 weeks.

I have a feeling he sold your jeep, since you have a deposit, they said we can just order another one.

You can also use this time to look at other Dealers and beat them up on a price, perhaps you can save another $ 1000.00 bucks.

Good Luck!
Unfortunately that method is not consistent either. My Jeep has been in transit for almost two weeks and does not show up in any search up to 250 miles from where I am.

My dealer said that sold orders do not show up on the available vehicles list.

Last edited:

comagt

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Unfortunately that method is not consistent either. My Jeep has been in transit for almost two weeks and does not show up in any search up to 250 miles from where I am.
Definitely not consistent, 5/7 it was still showing on the ramp in Toledo. 5/8 I had a picture from the dealer with it on the lot. I don't know a rail yard anywhere that can move that fast. :)

Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST

My dealer said that sold orders do not show up on the available vehicles list.
But you can still see the sticker and options it was built with.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
From what I was told today, it may show in transit one day and be at the dealer the next depending on how your dealer is taking delivery of them. Rail car, large car carrier etc. and some just show up unannounced because there was room for it or another did not make it through quality control (if that still exists )

The dealer that I am using takes delivery straight from the factory to Far Hills NJ and is 3-4 at a time and it`s not a long drive (8-10 hrs) at l,east for them it isn't My last Jeep sat in the Jeep storage lot in Ohio for just under 4 weeks due to the rail strike at the time.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
But you can still see the sticker and options it was built with.
That is correct, I have the sticker and build sheet. As well as POC with VON and VIN. I only know all that because I have read through these threads exhaustively. If not for that I would have assumed my dealer ordered correctly. Now the OP knows this as well. There is an inordinate amount of bitching that goes on here for much more inconsequential items. OP was only venting his frustration over having his order messed up, ALL of us here would be at least as upset as he is.

moniquehun

First Name
Monique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
TLDR: Jeep dealer ordered the wrong Jeep from the factory for me and is beyond incompetent.

My sister and I ordered two brand new Jeeps last month in person at the dealership. I ordered mine first with the dealer which was a loaded 2021 Rubicon, and she ordered a loaded 2021 High Altitude. Both Jeeps were white but many unique options between the two. My jeep came in 4 weeks on the dot and hers right under 6 weeks. Went to the dealership today to pick them up and there were two exact same white High Altitude editions there….. BEYOND PISSED. Nothing they can do but to order me a brand new Jeep from the factory again. I now have to wait another god knows how many weeks for mine to be done while my sister gets to drive her beautiful new Jeep all around town… if you order a Jeep from a dealer please please please make sure they order the correct one and don’t make a huge F$”$ing mistake like they did with mine which will ruin half of my summer.

Wondering if anyone ever went through this BS before???
Question when you go over extreme bumps does your jeep fish tail .I have a 4 door JLU

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Question when you go over extreme bumps does your jeep fish tail .I have a 4 door JLU
What tires and tire air pressure are you running?

It is a known fact that the Ford Raptor`s (mine included) have the same problem.
I run my rear tires at 33 psi and the back end still danced around when hitting large bumps on the street, if I was going around a turn and both tires hit the bump it would actually cause the tise to chirp when they came back down. I had changed to ICON rear springs and Deaver is another company for Raptor leaf springs, but thats all going to change now that they will have coil spring rear suspension
Sponsored