Sponsored

The dealership ordered the wrong Jeep!!???!

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
TLDR: Jeep dealer ordered the wrong Jeep from the factory for me and is beyond incompetent.

My sister and I ordered two brand new Jeeps last month in person at the dealership. I ordered mine first with the dealer which was a loaded 2021 Rubicon, and she ordered a loaded 2021 High Altitude. Both Jeeps were white but many unique options between the two. My jeep came in 4 weeks on the dot and hers right under 6 weeks. Went to the dealership today to pick them up and there were two exact same white High Altitude editions there….. BEYOND PISSED. Nothing they can do but to order me a brand new Jeep from the factory again. I now have to wait another god knows how many weeks for mine to be done while my sister gets to drive her beautiful new Jeep all around town… if you order a Jeep from a dealer please please please make sure they order the correct one and don’t make a huge F$”$ing mistake like they did with mine which will ruin half of my summer.

Wondering if anyone ever went through this BS before???

----06/05/21---- UPDATE:: Jeep is beginning the build process and the estimated ship out date is June 17th. Pickup from dealer should be around June 23rd.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
Wow... Hope they get it right the second time. Not sure how someone can screw up that bad...

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Did you not sign off on the order sheet confirming your order?
I read mine 100 times then after the dealer printed the order confirmation I read THAT 100 times.

that sucks to be dealing with that.
Jeep Wrangler JL The dealership ordered the wrong Jeep!!???! 316EB6FA-6717-43AA-865D-33BFD9A7C11A
Everything was signed by me and the dealer when I ordered it, even had a deposit down on it…. And was obviously trading mine in when the new one got here.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
They were supposed to have you sign the order sheet for verification before placing the order.
Hopefully they learned their lesson and hopefully you don’t have to wait too, too long…..

EDIT: we posted at about the same time and I just noticed your above post.
Damn, they really completely messed up. Maybe they’ll give you a little money off or throw in something at the end???

Sponsored

Martial Fartist

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So that’s not the actual order. That’s what I signed too. Before the actual order was entered.
The order placed should have a VON #

still, what’s done is done. That sucks.

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
So that’s not the actual order. That’s what I signed too. Before the actual order was entered.
The order placed should have a VON #
Yeah I know it’s not the “actual” order but I go to college in a different state and flew home specifically to order this Jeep from them and that’s all they needed and said the Jeep would be there in 4-6 weeks, and I’m just beyond frustrated and confused on how the hell they can mess up this bad. The VON number usually takes about a week I believe I heard and I couldn’t obviously be there then due to me being away at school.

Martial Fartist

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I get it. It sucks. The VIN # can take some time yes. The VON# was available as soon as the order was placed for me.

All info received via text conversation from my sales guy.

Jeep Wrangler JL The dealership ordered the wrong Jeep!!???! F91E15CA-12BA-4F17-A44F-916E5CBD028B

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Yeah I know it’s not the “actual” order but I go to college in a different state and flew home specifically to order this Jeep from them and that’s all they needed and said the Jeep would be there in 4-6 weeks, and I’m just beyond frustrated and confused on how the hell they can mess up this bad. The VON number usually takes about a week I believe I heard and I couldn’t obviously be there then due to me being away at school.
Holy first world problems.

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I get it. It sucks. The VIN # can take some time yes. The VON# was available as soon as the order was placed for me.

F91E15CA-12BA-4F17-A44F-916E5CBD028B.jpeg
Hmm… I see 🧐 and supposedly the dealership contacted the factory or whoever and it’s on some “executive” or “expedited” built list and should be here sooner…. But honestly I can’t trust a single thing that comes out of the dealers mouth anymore, dude couldn’t even give me a loaner car because you need to be 25 for a dealer plate and I’m only 22..

F91E15CA-12BA-4F17-A44F-916E5CBD028B.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holy first world problems.
Yup, I know right.. but the fact that we’re buying $120,000 worth of Jeeps from this place and they can’t even make sure the order is correct??!? Same goes for when he said he was watching it get unloaded off the truck from the factory at the dealership 2 weeks ago… how the hell did they not notice it wasn’t a Rubicon?

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Yup, I know right.. but the fact that we’re buying $120,000 worth of Jeeps from this place and they can’t even make sure the order is correct??!? Same goes for when he said he was watching it get unloaded off the truck from the factory at the dealership 2 weeks ago… how the hell did they not notice it wasn’t a Rubicon?
When I was in school I was ripping my couch apart trying to find enough change to buy a beer...so I really can’t relate. I get the frustration, but it’s only time and when they fix your order you’ll probably wind up with a 2022?

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
When I was in school I was ripping my couch apart trying to find enough change to buy a beer...so I really can’t relate. I get the frustration, but it’s only time and when they fix your order you’ll probably wind up with a 2022?
That’s funny and definitely the case for 95% of the world lol even when people are older… but it would be cool if I got a 2022, but I unfortunately doubt it due to the supposed “urgency” put out on this one from the factory and dealership level.
Sponsored