Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
Vehicle Showcase
Keep us posted on how you like those switches! I REALLY like the idea and ease of that.
I installed the Trigger Accessory Controller system this afternoon. In my opinion, it's a better alternative to the Mopar Auxiliary Switch kit for the JL. It's RF Wireless and Bluetooth. It works like a charm with the iPhone App (I'll test the Android version as well because I go back-and-forth). The kit was very easy to install. Here is a link to the website: www.triggercontroller.com

Pictures:

1. Overhead mount (the actual switch is held with a magnet and can be handheld like a remote).
2. Switch Hub mounted in the engine compartment (this is very slick).
3. The Trigger Switch is connected to ARB Dual Air Compressor, Rough Country 50" LED light on the hood (shield id partially pulled to the side), and, RIGID 7" LED lights on the front bumper.

I also swapped out the OEM Differential Covers for MOTOBILT version. Much more sturdy.

My decal collection is accumulating at a rapid pace with modifications.

trigger overhead switch.jpeg

trigger engine compartment hub.jpeg

IMG_0190.jpeg

IMG_0191.jpeg

IMG_0193.jpeg

IMG_0192.jpeg
Sponsored

GreatWhite13

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport s
got the suspension dialed in added .75in spacers to the rear with all the weight from 5th and Reinforcement added and incoming rear steel bumper and the front should sag a bit with bumper and winch going on.
no rubbing with the sway bars connected and flex but light in front and heavy rear without

so bumpers and lights up next

20200711_174852.jpg

20200711_163647.jpg

Gummiente62

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gummiente62.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sport, 97 C5 Corvette, 03 HD FXD
Occupation
Retired
Cooper AT3's, DV8 boxed step sliders, Aries tube doors, Rugged Ridge trail mirrors, Rugged Ridge sunscreen, rear seat removed and front fender extension delete. Gonna give the VISA a rest now.
Jeep Wrangler JL The 2Dr Sport Only Thread FB_IMG_1593906429808

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just a heads up... If you are considering the Vector Offroad Highland Platform for the 2DR (https://vectoroffroad.com/collectio...products/jl-2-door-aluminum-highland-platform), be advised that it won't work with a soft top.

Here is an installation video but Keith forgets to mention this:

NOTE: Their website does warn that the platform only works with a hardtop or no top. But, its easy to miss. When I called in to place an order I asked if it works with a soft top and was told it would. So, maybe a miscommunication. I'll blame myself.

Sponsored

Reykoning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Been a hot minute since posting, but finally got new tires (not by want more out of need). County was regrading our dirt road and every time I get a flat. So long stock 4 ply tires. Got General Grabber A/TX.

D0A4E4BD-7BC1-4B4B-9D11-B1F8438E5316.jpeg

4605ADC0-5D13-42F2-9BCB-5C667FFD1A3F.jpeg

5064A71C-648D-4F70-A36D-CB435E7A3A9C.jpeg

D8A4B743-4635-4FC4-BC3B-210B53C95A8E.jpeg

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
Been a hot minute since posting, but finally got new tires (not by want more out of need). County was regrading our dirt road and every time I get a flat. So long stock 4 ply tires. Got General Grabber A/TX.

Jeep Wrangler JL The 2Dr Sport Only Thread D8A4B743-4635-4FC4-BC3B-210B53C95A8E

Looking at General Grabbers when I replace my stock tires - how do you like yours so far as compared to the stock?

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I am trying a set of Mickey Thompson BAJA MTZ P3 tires. First time I've rolled with the brand. At day two I don't think they are as quiet as Milestar Patagonia's. Stay tuned.

I also upgraded my stock Rubicon Coil Springs to a 2" set offered by Rusty's Offroad, and Sway Bar Ed Links from SteerSmarts. These things are 9" and beefy. Between the springs and links, I added another 3". This is a lot less expensive than a typical lift kit.

I am also experimenting with a spare tire solution for my 2DR rear hatch because I prefer the tire delete look and feel the spare tire in the hatch gives me more balance and stability.

Pictures:

• Mickey Thompson BAJA MTZ P3 Tires;
  • Rusty's Offroad Coil Springs and SteerSmarts Sway Bar Links; and,
  • My prototype for a 2DR rear hatch spare tire mount.

Jeep Wrangler JL The 2Dr Sport Only Thread IMG_0219

Jeep Wrangler JL The 2Dr Sport Only Thread IMG_0220

Jeep Wrangler JL The 2Dr Sport Only Thread IMG_0221

Reykoning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Looking at General Grabbers when I replace my stock tires - how do you like yours so far as compared to the stock?
I’ve only had them for a couple of days now, but compared to stock on interstate and paved roads, not a lot of difference which is nice. On dirt and gravel a huge upgrade. These are 10 ply which I need out here in the country. Haven’t gotten into any muddy roads or off-road yet.

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
I am trying a set of Mickey Thompson BAJA MTZ P3 tires. First time I've rolled with the brand. At day two I don't think they are as quiet as Milestar Patagonia's. Stay tuned.

I also upgraded my stock Rubicon Coil Springs to a 2" set offered by Rusty's Offroad, and Sway Bar Ed Links from SteerSmarts. These things are 9" and beefy. Between the springs and links, I added another 3". This is a lot less expensive than a typical lift kit.

I am also experimenting with a spare tire solution for my 2DR rear hatch because I prefer the tire delete look and feel the spare tire in the hatch gives me more balance and stability.

Pictures:

• Mickey Thompson BAJA MTZ P3 Tires;
  • Rusty's Offroad Coil Springs and SteerSmarts Sway Bar Links; and,
  • My prototype for a 2DR rear hatch spare tire mount.

how are those falcons doing now with new springs etc ?

Sponsored

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
how are those falcons doing now with new springs etc ?
Two days with the bigger springs and all is well. Those Falcon 2.0 shocks were meant to go up to 4" lift.

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
I’ve only had them for a couple of days now, but compared to stock on interstate and paved roads, not a lot of difference which is nice. On dirt and gravel a huge upgrade. These are 10 ply which I need out here in the country. Haven’t gotten into any muddy roads or off-road yet.
Thanks, great to hear not much difference on paved roads. I still have the stock Goodyear Wrangler ATs, which for a AT tire it does not have a very aggressive tread. I was curious on whether the Grabber's, with their tread, were louder. Sounds like little or no difference.

Reykoning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Thanks, great to hear not much difference on paved roads. I still have the stock Goodyear Wrangler ATs, which for a AT tire it does not have a very aggressive tread. I was curious on whether the Grabber's, with their tread, were louder. Sounds like little or no difference.
Sound wise I haven’t noticed anything. I little different feel on paved road, but I think with the tread, it feels good! If you get some, let me know what you think.
Sponsored