The 2Dr Sport Only Thread

DDM4V7

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Wife and I wanted a weekend toy and decided on a Wrangler. We have really enjoyed it so far. The best part is now my wife is hooked! In the past as long as our vehicles had cold AC, heat in the winter and did not strand her somewhere, she was happy. After driving and riding in the Wrangler, she now wants a lift, larger tires and aftermarket bumpers! It is awesome seeing her act like this. Anyway, here is our Hella Yella 2 door Sport!

Jeep Wrangler JL The 2Dr Sport Only Thread IMG_1582 2
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Wife and I wanted a weekend toy and decided on a Wrangler. We have really enjoyed it so far. The best part is now my wife is hooked! In the past as long as our vehicles had cold AC, heat in the winter and did not strand her somewhere, she was happy. After driving and riding in the Wrangler, she now wants a lift, larger tires and aftermarket bumpers! It is awesome seeing her act like this. Anyway, here is our Hella Yella 2 door Sport!

Jeep Wrangler JL The 2Dr Sport Only Thread IMG_1582 2
Haha, now it begins! Get all the stuff you want now before she changes her mind ;) My husband was undecided on some things, so I just made him wait 50K miles for those new tires! I figured that if he didn't jump when I told him to get some, then he could just wait till we put miles on the all season ones out Jeep came with:like:

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Haha, now it begins! Get all the stuff you want now before she changes her mind ;) My husband was undecided on some things, so I just made him wait 50K miles for those new tires! I figured that if he didn't jump when I told him to get some, then he could just wait till we put miles on the all season ones out Jeep came with:like:
50k miles? At the rate I'm going (11k since Dec '18), I'll never get new tires. lol

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
50k miles? At the rate I'm going (11k since Dec '18), I'll never get new tires. lol
Haha I know mine is 2 years old and I just got 16k! But in all fairness, it took my husband 2 years because we drive the JKU a lot more than the JL. But, I have to admit new duratrac tires look a lot better than those all season ones :like:

Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Haha I know mine is 2 years old and I just got 16k! But in all fairness, it took my husband 2 years because we drive the JKU a lot more than the JL. But, I have to admit new duratrac tires look a lot better than those all season ones :like:
Oh crap. I just realized that when I get 50k miles on each tire, the Jeep will have 62,500 on the odometer since I rotate in the spare. My poor Jeep may never get new shoes. :(

sgtmajor138

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S Freedom package
Jeep Wrangler JL The 2Dr Sport Only Thread jeep1

Only had it for a couple of months but do enjoy the open feel of the Jeep. I have owned 10 Wranglers in total but I have to say this one is so much better to drive. It just may be that I am getting older and value the better ride!
I did have the TSB for the steering done last week and it was a game changer! Drives so much better! I managed to find a Freedom Package with the Oscar Mike group. I got it with a hard top but found a soft top I could not pass up.
Trying to find some Rubi take-off wheels and tires and suspension close by but it seems not many folks are taking these off in the KY / Tenn area. :)

Last edited:

MoontownJL

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JL Sport; ‘16 F150 XLT Sport; ‘19 FLHC
Happy to report that I picked up my ‘20 JL Sport 6Spd this morning. Made the drive 2 hours for her. Drove great on the highway heading home. Looking forward to making her my own and learning from you all!
Jeep Wrangler JL The 2Dr Sport Only Thread jeep1
Still loving this thing. No issues at all.
Rubicon takeoff tires/wheels/rock guards
headlight/tail light guards
mopar fuel door

still need to install Rubi takeoff suspension

hoping pixel decals hurries up with my order

96624793-4F33-43B9-B525-ABBCFF8B16B0.jpeg

Tweedman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL sport
Nothing against the Rubicon or Sahara or 4 doors, but the 2 Dr sports don't get a lot of love on the forums and not everything applies to them. The aftermarket has been slow to release 2Dr specific parts and not everything is interchangeable from a 2Dr to 4Dr or the other models. So I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to 2Dr sports whether it be a new mod you did or accessory you bought or whatever. I'm just starting out with mine and am already finding a lot conflicting information about what works and what doesn't and thought others might also.

I haven't done much so far, it's only three weeks old but I'm working on the list of required equipment by my local clubs so I can do some trail riding. I did get black Weathertech floor liners for the front and they fit perfect (part #4413131).

I installed the trailer hitch leftover from my JK and it fit perfect. HOWEVER, the wire harness is completely different and you need an auxiliary harness with switching module that requires a 12v lead run up to the fuse box in the engine compartment. Something like this:

https://www.etrailer.com/t1-2018_Jeep_JL+Wrangler.htm

So post a picture of what you got or what you've done and hopefully this thread will stay alive for a while and be a resource for future 2Dr sport owners.

Jeep Wrangler JL The 2Dr Sport Only Thread 96624793-4F33-43B9-B525-ABBCFF8B16B0
Nothing against the Rubicon or Sahara or 4 doors, but the 2 Dr sports don't get a lot of love on the forums and not everything applies to them. The aftermarket has been slow to release 2Dr specific parts and not everything is interchangeable from a 2Dr to 4Dr or the other models. So I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to 2Dr sports whether it be a new mod you did or accessory you bought or whatever. I'm just starting out with mine and am already finding a lot conflicting information about what works and what doesn't and thought others might also.

I haven't done much so far, it's only three weeks old but I'm working on the list of required equipment by my local clubs so I can do some trail riding. I did get black Weathertech floor liners for the front and they fit perfect (part #4413131).

I installed the trailer hitch leftover from my JK and it fit perfect. HOWEVER, the wire harness is completely different and you need an auxiliary harness with switching module that requires a 12v lead run up to the fuse box in the engine compartment. Something like this:

https://www.etrailer.com/t1-2018_Jeep_JL+Wrangler.htm

So post a picture of what you got or what you've done and hopefully this thread will stay alive for a while and be a resource for future 2Dr sport owners.

Happy to see a dedicated forum for the 2 door sport. First time Jeep owner with lots to learn about my wrangler. Still figuring out how to reply and post on the forums as well.

Sponsored

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
Vehicle Showcase
They were cool. Then I sold the 2DR and bought a Gladiator Mojave. One extreme to the next.

Chris.steger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
I installed the Trigger Accessory Controller system this afternoon. In my opinion, it's a better alternative to the Mopar Auxiliary Switch kit for the JL. It's RF Wireless and Bluetooth. It works like a charm with the iPhone App (I'll test the Android version as well because I go back-and-forth). The kit was very easy to install. Here is a link to the website: www.triggercontroller.com

Pictures:

1. Overhead mount (the actual switch is held with a magnet and can be handheld like a remote).
2. Switch Hub mounted in the engine compartment (this is very slick).
3. The Trigger Switch is connected to ARB Dual Air Compressor, Rough Country 50" LED light on the hood (shield id partially pulled to the side), and, RIGID 7" LED lights on the front bumper.

I also swapped out the OEM Differential Covers for MOTOBILT version. Much more sturdy.

My decal collection is accumulating at a rapid pace with modifications.

Looks awesome!!!!