Terrible Seats

wriver82

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Red JLUR
Would it be possible for any pics of these 1/2 inch nuts everyone is talking about.
Thanks
Sponsored

wriver82

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Red JLUR
I just ended up using stacked 2 mm washers for a total of 1/2". This definitely helped but it could still use more tilt.
If I went a little higher, what size bolts are recommended

OP
OP
Formattc

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
If I went a little higher, what size bolts are recommended
I used M10x1.5x40mm for 1/2" of lift, but be careful about the head size because it must fit down inside the recess of the seat rail. Also be careful about lifting it too much because it puts the rear bolts at an angle and it becomes unsafe at some point.

wriver82

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Red JLUR
I used M10x1.5x40mm for 1/2" of lift, but be careful about the head size because it must fit down inside the recess of the seat rail. Also be careful about lifting it too much because it puts the rear bolts at an angle and it becomes unsafe at some point.
Thanks for the info.

Sponsored

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Hmmm... have owned 2 JK's both leather optioned and I find the JL leather option seats much superior? My last JK was a 2012, maybe I've forgotten, I'm older! LOL ;)

Go jeep!!!

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
The Bronco seats should be pretty comfy. Most Ford seats are nice and big

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
This may have already been said, but If you plan on keeping it (the Jeep), put the lumbar in full out position then, roll a towel up and attach it about 6 inches above the seat to the back of your seat back, that should help keep your back straight (keep from slouching) and butt out when driving. and don't take baclofen (as suggested above), you will be getting into a whole other set of problems.....:)

Sponsored

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
This may have already been said, but If you plan on keeping it (the Jeep), put the lumbar in full out position then, roll a towel up and attach it about 6 inches above the seat to the back of your seat back, that should help keep your back straight (keep from slouching) and butt out when driving. and don't take baclofen (as suggested above), you will be getting into a whole other set of problems.....:)
Or for $50 you could add this: https://www.quadratec.com/products/...Km-4vS9XpoUjHq6NHOzXVtaTVIyYKfXwaAmRIEALw_wcB

Installation on a Rubi is pretty easy (easy to get the back panel off).

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I actually plan to see how the Mojave seats are. If they are any better I will try and swap mine out. It looks like they will be similar, but even a slight change could make a difference. The biggest selling point for me with the Bronco is how nice the seats look. With my back and knee issues, seats are also a big deal for me. I wish I could put a set of Grand Cherokee Trailhawk seats in my Wrangler. Those were nice

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Not 100% sure, but I think they are too wide. I did find a set of newer Camaro seats that were really close and almost bought to experiment with. However they are also not the most comfortable so decided to pass.
Sponsored