Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
  • Banned
Teraflex isn't referenced much on here. Whats the scoop? Good? Bad?
Sponsored

gijohn56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
I am friends with many of the guys that work at teraflex and its a great company that sells excellent parts! but for some reason people instead buy the cheap stuff from smittybuilt and superlifts.

no Idea why not a big name here.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I am friends with many of the guys that work at teraflex and its a great company that sells excellent parts! but for some reason people instead buy the cheap stuff from smittybuilt and superlifts.

no Idea why not a big name here.
Really? I have not seen a single person here use smittybilt or superlift lifts.
Plenty of big names around here like Synergy, Rock Krawler, Metalcloak, Dynatrac, Teraflex etc.

Teraflex suspension are known to ride stiff(er) than most. So if that’s your thing and you know that is the ride you are looking for, go right ahead. I’m running Teraflex shocks myself.

OP
OP
Halstem1

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
  • Banned
Really? I have not seen a single person here use smittybilt or superlift lifts.
Plenty of big names around here like Synergy, Rock Krawler, Metalcloak, Dynatrac, Teraflex etc.

Teraflex suspension are known to ride stiff(er) than most. So if that’s your thing and you know the ride you are looking for, go right ahead. I’m running Teraflex shocks myself.
Yeah, I don't know if I've ever seen smittybilt or superlift in here at least related to suspensions.

Tons on Synergy, Rock Krawler, Metalcloak like you said. Tons on those. A few AEV lifts. Couple of Icons which I'm not familiar with. Plenty of Dynatrac. Little Rancho stuff.

Teraflex is an old jeep company from way back. My first lift on my TJ was a Teraflex. But I don't see them mentioned much with control arms or springs. Some with the new falcon shocks, but they're usually paired with something else.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
A lot of people like their front trackbar because its well made and plenty stout, but also because its a damn beautiful (but expensive) work of art if you ask me!

5cdfed55c0afa20e37003cc4.jpg

Sponsored

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
Another TF fan from way back here.

I think TF just hasn't had a big break into the JL market yet. On the JK platform, their HD hinged carrier became basically a staple of any JK build. It was a product nearly EVERYONE had at one point or another, and was in many ways a stepping off point for the aftermarket black hole that is Jeepin. That one product put their name on a bunch of peoples lips and opened the doors for the rest of their product line to those folks and the folks they talked to/wheeled with/camped with.

The Jeep aftermarket is maybe the most oversaturated vehicle-specific market in automotive history. Having a foothold like that goes a long way to getting your other products out there. To a lesser extent, they have retained a bit of that foothold in the larger non-model specific community with the Falcon line of shocks, but it isn't the staple product that the tire carrier was on the JK platform.

I wouldn't write them off for the JL platform, but I don't know if they are going to be one of the defacto aftermarket suppliers for the JL the way they were for the JK. Maybe they will though; I think it'll all depend on if they come up with an idea and a product that becomes a "must have."

Personally, I'll be looking pretty heavily at the Falcon line of shocks and maybe further down the suspension rabbit hole when/if I decide to take my camping setup to the next level (roof rack, RTT, weight, weight, weight) but whether or not they get my money will ultimately depend on if I believe their products satisfy my perceived need better than the others on the market.

That track bar is damned nice looking, though.

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm suffering from analysis paralysis with respect to aftermarket suspension. I can't speak first-hand to Teraflex products, but the objection I've seen raised in this forum relates to the clamp-style adjustment vs the collar style. I suspect they both work well, but armchair engineers will opine....

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
The consensus is they are too stiff, most of their springs are single rate, their price point is premium but the products are not, a lot of their offerings are also made in China while competitors at similar prices manufacturing it here.

They have some products like steering stabilizer, HD tire carrier, control arms are actually quite popular.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My issue with Teraflex suspension is their use of stock style bushings in their control arms. The Clevite bushings do not like to rotate much. Once they rotate too far, the inner sleeve rips from the rubber bushing and the bushing is now trash. The Rock Krawler, Metal Cloak (maybe the best), Johnny Joint, and even Synergy all offer better control arm joints.

Sponsored

MACjeeps

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Sting Gray, 3.6L | 2016 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock, Rhino | 1979 CJ5
A lot of people like their front trackbar because its well made and plenty stout, but also because its a damn beautiful (but expensive) work of art if you ask me!

5cdfed55c0afa20e37003cc4.jpg
Mine is one of the first production runs and clanks on both ends of the bushings, has too much play, Teraflex has redesigned, but I understand there are still issues and they are revising again. Rather than wait, I am going to switch it out for something else.

I run the Teraflex ST2 lift with their Speedbump bumpstops and Falcon 3.3 shocks and really like it.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still waiting on their hinged tailgate reinforcement. I've been very pleased overall with their Alpha HD carrier, and would like to pair the 2 together.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX

I have the full set of 8 Teraflex IR control arms and love them! I also have the Teraflex rear trackbar relocation bracket, solid and well designed though you do have to drill two holes for mounting.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
My issue with Teraflex suspension is their use of stock style bushings in their control arms. The Clevite bushings do not like to rotate much. Once they rotate too far, the inner sleeve rips from the rubber bushing and the bushing is now trash. The Rock Krawler, Metal Cloak (maybe the best), Johnny Joint, and even Synergy all offer better control arm joints.

The Teraflex Alpine control arms with their IR (Independent rotation) bushings are excellent.

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Teraflex suspension are known to ride stiff(er) than most. So if that’s your thing and you know that is the ride you are looking for, go right ahead. I’m running Teraflex shocks myself.
Still happy with yours?

I'm still balancing between the Falcon SP2 2.1 Monotubes (like you have), and the Fox Performance Series 2.0 Monotubes to replace the stock Rubi shocks.
Aside lift, the Fox seems to be generic - a ones fits all JL's -, whilst Falcon has different ones for 2- and 4dr...
Sponsored