Sponsored

TazerJL Feature Requests

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
You get to it in live settings when the engine is running, so just scroll though. It is where you find 0-30, 0-60, and such. The Tazer has to be plugged in full time. It is really great! SUPER bright, too. If it doesn't grab the attention of a distracted driver behind you, they must be in a coma.

I've got mine set for 12 flashes with slow setting, which really isn't that slow. I want to wake them up!
@DanW

I believe, dependent on the State you live in, you could receive a traffic ticket if your 3rd brake light flashes more then 4 times. I believe/think 4 flashes is legal everywhere..

Guys/gals should check what the local law is before they opt for say 12 flashes which probably in most locales is illegal.

I have a Pulse module on my JL, and it was Pulse reps that mentioned to me that their units, are legal most everywhere....because their unit is set to pulse 4 times only AND, not each time you pump the brake.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW

I believe, dependent on the State you live in, you could receive a traffic ticket if your 3rd brake light flashes more then 4 times. I believe/think 4 flashes is legal everywhere..

Guys/gals should check what the local law is before they opt for say 12 flashes which probably in most locales is illegal.

I have a Pulse module on my JL, and it was Pulse reps that mentioned to me that their units, are legal most everywhere....because their unit is set to pulse 4 times only AND, not each time you pump the brake.
I am checking on IN. Two cops that work for me told me its fine, but sometimes they don't know.

The great thing is that it can be changed at the touch of a couple buttons.

I may take my chances, anyway. Better a ticket than a cell-phone addicted teen rear-ending me. But if I travel, I may dial it down when crossing the state line.

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
@DanW

I believe in kansas the statute addresses forward facing red or blue lights that flash, which is a no-no. Your brake lights flashing are okay, unless your just driving around in reverse trying to pull people over with your 3rd brake light....🙄😜

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe in kansas the statute addresses forward facing red or blue lights that flash, which is a no-no. Your brake lights flashing are okay, unless your just driving around in reverse trying to pull people over with your 3rd brake light....🙄😜
My post was mean't as a simple heads up so to speak.. Best check your State law..

Again, just speculating as I do not know the laws in each State...
...... but my guess is if you have a front or rear light that pulses/flashes more then say 4 times.... especially 12 times, then it is undoubtedly, illegal....especially if the 12 flashes occur each time you apply a tad of pressure to the brake pedal.

I know the Pulse Protects unit flashes only 4 times and NOT each time you push the brake pedal down. As I mentioned, Pulse Protect... the company, says this keeps their Pulse Protects unit legal in most every State...

Anyway, my post about careful of more then 4 flashes is founded .....as it is pretty typical, (applies to most States) of most States.

Good idea to check the State laws in the State that you live in to be sure... or, take the chance of having to pay a fine/traffic ticket. One might be prudent to just set to max of 4 pulses! 8-)

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Most of the cops on my commute are too busy to notice. Why? Dealing with rear-end collisions! Lol! It's true! LOTS of them on US 36 between Danville and Indy during rush hour, but really all day long.

I may tone it down to 8, though. It flashes pretty quickly and gets through 8 super fast, even on slow.

I think you are giving very prudent advice in avoiding a discussion with a cop. But like I said, my cop buddies like it. They gave it a thumbs up and said I shouldn't have a problem.

But I'm checking Indiana code, nevertheless.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I found something that indicates that flashing lights other than for turn signaling or caution situations is not permitted.

IC 9-21-7-11j
Flashing lights

Sec. 11. (a) Except as provided in subsection (b), a vehicle may not display flashing lights.
(b) Flashing lights may be displayed on a vehicle as follows:
(1) On an authorized emergency vehicle.
(2) On a school bus. (3) On snow-removal equipment.
(4) As a means of indicating a right or left turn.
(5) As a means of indicating the presence of a vehicular traffic hazard requiring unusual care in approaching, overtaking, or passing.
(6) On a vehicle used in a funeral procession.
As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.9. Amended by P.L.80-2012, SEC.4.

I'm leaving it alone. I see all kinds of vehicles, such as utility repair, commercial vehicles, and such with these all the time. Never heard of anyone getting pulled over for it. I also see cars everywhere with a headlight out. It seems they don't enforce that, either, and I see them all the time.

And it looks like the cops don't care enough or see enough of this to enforce it for CHMTL lights. I'm asking my cop friends, but I am betting they'll laugh and say not to worry about it. I doubt even small town Barneys would worry about it. Bigger fish to fry.

But I am going to shorten it to 8 flashes. Maybe even 6. I have to drive behind it and see how it functions in the real world.

I'm still looking, though, to see if there is a provision somewhere in Indiana Code that permits them.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm now seeing some ambiguity regarding brake lights. For example, there are parts of the code that allow for flashing lights for a slowing vehicle as a warning. It also permits them on a slow moving vehicle. By technical definition, slow moving is slower than the speed limit. A braking vehicle becomes by default a slow moving vehicle the moment brakes are applied, right?

Any attorneys here? How am I doing? Lol! :CWL:

Disclaimer: I am not suggesting, encouraging, or advocating for ANYONE to break the law, ever. And I am not an attorney. I only bother them with questions now and again, and sometimes thank them for their service in fending off silly lawsuits in my work. :)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm now seeing some ambiguity regarding brake lights. For example, there are parts of the code that allow for flashing lights for a slowing vehicle as a warning. It also permits them on a slow moving vehicle. By technical definition, slow moving is slower than the speed limit. A braking vehicle becomes by default a slow moving vehicle the moment brakes are applied, right?

Any attorneys here? How am I doing? Lol! :CWL:
@DanW

I would not hesitate running with 4-6 pulses but more then that.. no...

IF you were to get stopped, just say ............. daaaah, must be broken, I will go to dealer and get it fixed right away.. Don't spew to the Officer that it is a mod, etc..

Police Officer would probably say, ok.. and issue no citation, this first time stopped.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW

I would not hesitate running with 4-6 pulses but more then that.. no...

IF you were to get stopped, just say ............. daaaah, must be broken, I will go to dealer and get it fixed right away.. Don't spew to the Officer that it is a mod, etc..

Police Officer would probably say, ok.. and issue no citation, this first time stopped.
I haven't been pulled over in probably 15 years but haven't had a ticket in 25. Cops tend to treat me pretty well. I settled on slow at 8 flashes and twice had cops behind me, once in my hometown and once in another town that is known for petty stops. Didn't seem to bug either of them. I'd be surprised if it ever does. But no sense in provoking them, either. I'm still going to drive behind it at some point. I want to see what it looks like. It is bright, I do know that.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
One of my favorite functions the TazerJL allows me to do is type while not in park. However, that is still a thing when you search for music. Any chance you could clean up the music search function? I have over 10k songs on a thumb drive. Being able to search would be fantastic... when on the trail.

Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I can say for sure that California law allows a maximum of four flashes within four seconds.

———————
California vehicle Code 25251.5.

(c) Any stoplamp or supplemental stoplamp required or permitted by Section 24603 may be equipped so as to flash not more than four times within the first four seconds after actuation by application of the brakes.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Here's an idea... Could we up and down shift with the little circular buttons behind the steering wheel? If that could be added, I bet it would drive a ton of new customers.

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Here is a shot in the dark. The bronco is supposed to allow you to turn super tight by braking it locking up the rear inside wheel on a turn, basically dragging that inside wheel through the turn (like a pivot point). Since you can lock up both front wheels for a burn out does that make this functionality possible?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Can we please have an App so that we can do settings changed from the App and not via the buttons on the steering wheel, etc.
An App will make the UI much easier.
This would likely add cost and complexity, as you’d need something like Bluetooth added to allow connectivity. I could be wrong, but I don’t see that happening any time soon.
Sponsored