Sponsored

TazerJL Feature Requests

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Only pause button I know of to stop the music is on the pandora/spotify and XM apps. If they are pulled up on the screen, you can pause them that way.

As far as the steering wheel controls, from your owners manual:

STEERING WHEEL AUDIO CONTROLS The remote sound system controls are located on the rear surface of the steering wheel at the three and nine o’clock positions. The right-hand control is a rocker-type switch with a push button in the center and controls the volume and mode of the sound system. Pushing the top of the rocker switch will increase the volume, and pushing the bottom of the rocker switch will decrease the volume. Pushing the center button will make the radio switch between the various modes available (AM/FM/SXM or Media, etc.). The left-hand control is a rocker-type switch with a push button in the center. The function of the left-hand control is different depending on which mode you are in. The following describes the left-hand control operation in each mode: Radio Operation Pushing the top of the switch will Seek Up for the next available station and pushing the bottom of the switch will Seek Down for the next available station. The button located in the center of the left-hand control will tune to the next preset station that you have programmed in the radio presets. Media Mode Pushing the top of the switch skips to the next track on the selected media (AUX/USB/Bluetooth®). Pushing the switch up twice will go forward two tracks. Pushing the bottom switch goes to the beginning of the current track, or the beginning of the previous track if it is within eight seconds after the current track begins to play. Double pressing the bottom button switch will skip to the previous track if it is after eight seconds into the current track.
Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Only pause button I know of to stop the music is on the pandora/spotify and XM apps. If they are pulled up on the screen, you can pause them that way.

As far as the steering wheel controls, from your owners manual:

STEERING WHEEL AUDIO CONTROLS The remote sound system controls are located on the rear surface of the steering wheel at the three and nine o’clock positions. The right-hand control is a rocker-type switch with a push button in the center and controls the volume and mode of the sound system. Pushing the top of the rocker switch will increase the volume, and pushing the bottom of the rocker switch will decrease the volume. Pushing the center button will make the radio switch between the various modes available (AM/FM/SXM or Media, etc.). The left-hand control is a rocker-type switch with a push button in the center. The function of the left-hand control is different depending on which mode you are in. The following describes the left-hand control operation in each mode: Radio Operation Pushing the top of the switch will Seek Up for the next available station and pushing the bottom of the switch will Seek Down for the next available station. The button located in the center of the left-hand control will tune to the next preset station that you have programmed in the radio presets. Media Mode Pushing the top of the switch skips to the next track on the selected media (AUX/USB/Bluetooth®). Pushing the switch up twice will go forward two tracks. Pushing the bottom switch goes to the beginning of the current track, or the beginning of the previous track if it is within eight seconds after the current track begins to play. Double pressing the bottom button switch will skip to the previous track if it is after eight seconds into the current track.
Maybe those buttons don't work on @wrang_stang's rig?

wrang_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU 4XE
Maybe those buttons don't work on @wrang_stang's rig?
@JeepinJason33
It’s not that they don’t work I think. What I’m pointing out is that the left rocker button is left completely useless, even according to their own documentation. And there is no way to pause without switching to the media screen and tapping on the screen which means leaving navigation, phone calls, anything else. I find that ridiculous considering we have all these buttons for useless functions like turning off the screen, muting, and a third button that both turns off the screen and mutes.

But a simple play/pause, arguably the most important function is missing.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

@JeepinJason33
It’s not that they don’t work I think. What I’m pointing out is that the left rocker button is left completely useless, even according to their own documentation. And there is no way to pause without switching to the media screen and tapping on the screen which means leaving navigation, phone calls, anything else. I find that ridiculous considering we have all these buttons for useless functions like turning off the screen, muting, and a third button that both turns off the screen and mutes.

But a simple play/pause, arguably the most important function is missing.
Still missing your point, there is functions for the left rocker button, just not all the time. The locker button is useless unless you are in 4L. The gas pedal is useless unless the vehicle is on. The button has functions, you just don't like them, and that is OK. But to say they don't work is not accurate. Maybe Tazor can remap them, would be interesting to see. They don't seem to reply to this post anymore.

It's a Jeep... The Track Hawk I had did not have those functions either. Not sure the RAM product has it even with the monster screen. Not sure the Bronco has it either.

My M5 has all the buttons it seems like you are looking for and I expect that out of a BMW luxury vehicle. The M5 does not have a locker button or a sway bar disconnect button...

Did not buy the Jeep for the creature comforts, I bought it for what the main purpose of the product is - a vehicle that I can off-road 99% of the trails out there with a lift and tires and still drive home.

wrang_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU 4XE
Still missing your point, there is functions for the left rocker button, just not all the time. The locker button is useless unless you are in 4L. The gas pedal is useless unless the vehicle is on. The button has functions, you just don't like them, and that is OK. But to say they don't work is not accurate. Maybe Tazor can remap them, would be interesting to see. They don't seem to reply to this post anymore.

It's a Jeep... The Track Hawk I had did not have those functions either. Not sure the RAM product has it even with the monster screen. Not sure the Bronco has it either.

My M5 has all the buttons it seems like you are looking for and I expect that out of a BMW luxury vehicle. The M5 does not have a locker button or a sway bar disconnect button...

Did not buy the Jeep for the creature comforts, I bought it for what the main purpose of the product is - a vehicle that I can off-road 99% of the trails out there with a lift and tires and still drive home.
Ok so TL;DR “it’s a Jeep Thing.” Never would have expected needing to dive into sub menus in the screen or switch apps and exit navigation just to pause music to be one, but here we are! Nor it to be a luxury feature. My Elantra had a pause button, and so does my X5, and so have the 6 vehicles I’ve owned since 2017.

It’s perfectly fair to say that something is wrong when we are missing a critical function (play/pause), and the button between next/previous track and up/down volume has no function playing media, just taking up space.

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

And there is no way to pause without switching to the media screen and tapping on the screen which means leaving navigation, phone calls, anything else.
Huh? Mine is almost always displaying Google maps along with whatever media I'm streaming. Hopefully you're not one of those people that use (and pay out the ass to update) the built-in nav.

None of this has anything to do with a Tazer though.

wrang_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU 4XE
Huh? Mine is almost always displaying Google maps along with whatever media I'm streaming. Hopefully you're not one of those people that use (and pay out the ass to update) the built-in nav.

None of this has anything to do with a Tazer though.
No absolutely, factory nav is useless. I didn’t order it and used Jscan to enable some of the features that are supposed to come with that package. BLIS is the only thing I somewhat miss as I’m doing a full audio upgrade anyway.

But the point stands that when you have it taking up the full screen to make edits, or you’re on a phone call, or you’re in another app, or you just dont want to have to reach across the dash to hit a virtual button and accidentally change the track as the car is moving. The media button that has zero function when playing media needs to play/pause.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
I`m still learning all about my Tazer.
Sometimes it's hard to come up with a question when the answer may already exist. How far would you go with available changes when you don`t know what can be changed other than what is listed
Sponsored