Not open for further replies.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
@thehangingchad

Yes, you can with a stock JL, turn on backup while moving forward but it will only stay on for under 15 seconds, I believe.

I want on so when I trailer tow on the interstate, I can spot check hitch, motorcycle tie downs, etc.. I want more then 15 seconds to do this.

Also, guys that drive without doors and no side mirrors want back-up camera on while moving forward...
Sponsored

Last edited:

JL Rubi Khan

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Limited Edition (#1525 of 1964), 2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom
Vehicle Showcase
I understand this would be interesting to some that did not opt for the blind spot monitoring. I know there is an option to turn that beep warning on and off. Without the mirrors however I would think having that beep every time a vehicle is next to you on a highway would get pretty annoying.
This may have already been answered (reading through the thread), but the beep only happens when you engage the turn signal with someone in your blind spot. The same way that the light in the mirror only comes on when someone is there in the lane beside you. Basically if you engage the turn signal when the light is on, it beeps.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Basically if you engage the turn signal when the light is on, it beeps.
?? So, you would assume that the "beep" alone would be a good thing as if you put your turn signal on and you hear a beep, you'd know.../...think... chittttt somebody is there... and stop the lane change you were going to make??

Last edited:

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
?? So, you would assume that the "beep" alone would be a good thing as if you put your turn signal on and you hear a beep, you'd know.../...think... chittttt somebody is there... and stop the lane change you were going to make??
Yeah, but you always want the mirror light to be working regardless. You can turn the beep off if you want. I just turned it on because it adds value.

JL Rubi Khan

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Limited Edition (#1525 of 1964), 2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah the beep alone would be a great addition via this device for someone that didn't purchase the safety package. Was never intending to say that it wouldn't be

Sponsored

JL Rubi Khan

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also I think you're generally misunderstanding what this device will do for people that don't have the safety features. Based on how I'm interpreting things, those who add this will be able to turn on the "beep when signaling" function when another car is beside them and they turn their signal on, they just won't have the visual cue from the mirror light. It's not like the Jeep is going to beep every time a car is in their blind spot even if they're not signaling. That would be ridiculous!

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Please:
always.jpg

Mentioning the firmware version you are using with your
Tazer JL Programmer / Light Show, in your forum posts, will
become more and more important as time goes by...​

Last edited:

wesbowhunts

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Tons of new features coming in future updates. Testing a few of the next ones added.

Winch/Battery jump mode- Holds rpms @ 2k to keep battery level charged.

Cool down mode- engine off, fans come on to cool it down.

More to come when he gets the correct radio in. (ordered the 8.4 but showed up with 7") ie possible video player, back up cam stay on.

Tested tire size and speedometer with 3 different gps apps and got it within 1 mph. Disable start stop works flawlessly. Light shows are neat but personally prob wont use them. TPMS adjustment was a breeze.

This device and company are well worth the money!

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I was impressed that Joe,the owner, got back to me right away, after I used the tech support email address.

His reply was personable and had the answer's I sought.

He seemed genuinely enthusiastic and eager to come up with new features and such. He said lots more coming in regard to features.

While I liked the ProCal's I have had (no do not care for dip switches ), I must say it is nice to be able to reach out and communicate with the device provider. If there is ever an issue, he is right there.... You cannot do that with the AEV ProCal.

Last edited:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Tons of new features coming in future updates. Testing a few of the next ones added.

Winch/Battery jump mode- Holds rpms @ 2k to keep battery level charged.

Cool down mode- engine off, fans come on to cool it down.

More to come when he gets the correct radio in. (ordered the 8.4 but showed up with 7") ie possible video player, back up cam stay on.

Tested tire size and speedometer with 3 different gps apps and got it within 1 mph. Disable start stop works flawlessly. Light shows are neat but personally prob wont use them. TPMS adjustment was a breeze.

How easy is it to set everything back to factory? Also, when and how is it updated?

Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

Merica!

Threads